Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

28 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

No. Who said disharmomy? Lack of motivation and attention to how u are being instructed to play are also a dressing room issue tho. You ever manged a team? Sport or otherwise?

Ever instructed ur no 2 to get the team doing one thing and he had ulterior motives to ignore that instruction?

Didn't realise you have to manage a team to post on here. 

I'd love to hear about these ulterior motives. Go on....

11 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

He gives his all every game, he never hides even when not having a particularly good game, he steps forward to take the penalties and he's one of our best players - enough there to be captain 

You don't mention any of the leadership qualities I expect from a captain.

Lead by example, hold others to account, grab game by scruff of neck, demand more from others, drive the change from potentially dropping points to winning games, set the tone, etc.  None of that exists.

21 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Where do you say in any of that that you are on about a player? you clearly state in the second paragraph you are talking about a No.2 and McCallister is our no.2

He is trying to single Tavs out as he wears shirt number 2. He is obsessed with him. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You don't mention any of the leadership qualities I expect from a captain.

Lead by example, hold others to account, grab game by scruff of neck, demand more from others, drive the change from potentially dropping points to winning games, set the tone, etc.  None of that exists.

For example 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is that a question? Those are the qualities I see lacking in him a captain should have.

Correct mate. Too many see the captain role as a wee thankyou title. Its not. Teams need led. At all levels. If not the captain then who provides leadership on the park?

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I never said that but he should never have been made the captain 

Apart from Morelos and Shagger (place would go into meldown mode if he were captain) he is the only player capable of keeping his place every week.

I think the captain role is nowhere near as important as some make out. Who would you have as captain as a matter of interest?

6 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Aye give me an example of someone with all these qualities 

There isn't, ive not suggested there is one, and that's why we're so inconsistent. It's also more difficult for some players to then assume this role unofficially when the nominated captain clearly doesn't. But that's how it was in the 9 in a row era and what we need now.

I'd say McGregor and Goldson show far more leadership qualities.  Tav for me shows none.

39 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

No. That was analogous in the context of asking whether the poster had experience of management of anything business or sport. In terms of the key point of contact between the players and the management that has to be the captain. 

Who provides the leadership on the park?

Aye it was definitely analogous. 

11 captains provide leadership on the park we have about 3.

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ve already pointed out some wrongs from the board, to Tav as captain and the winter transfer window.

Don’t for the life of me understand why people put so much onus on a captain. I’m sure there’s a few guys on that park that bark orders regularly.  

Captaincies are nothing to get pee in your pants about tbh 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There isn't, ive not suggested there is one, and that's why we're so inconsistent. It's also more difficult for some players to then assume this role unofficially when the nominated captain clearly doesn't. But that's how it was in the 9 in a row era and what we need now.

I'd say McGregor and Goldson show far more leadership qualities.  Tav for me shows none.

So why blame Tav and McGregor running 30-35 yards from his goals screaming at players, basically playing to the gallery, sorry no for me  

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Don’t for the life of me understand why people put so much onus on a captain. I’m sure there’s a few guys on that park that bark orders regularly.  

Captaincies are nothing to get pee in your pants about tbh 

Is leadership on the park important?

55 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Yup. Agreed. Question is does tav do any of the captain thing? I would argue very little.

The last mild mannered Rangers Captain I can remember was Eric Caldow, there again in those days we had eleven Captains on the pitch, SG was a great player, sadly his man management skills are questionable as are GM'S .

People say we are progressing, I think we are running to stand still when in the beginning with SG there was so much hope, for those who say time is needed and claim they care not about 10 i-a-r for the mhanks....lots of us do care about stopping their path to 10 i-a-r...time is not a luxury we have.

Major investment very major investment is required, and soon.

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Apart from Morelos and Shagger (place would go into meldown mode if he were captain) he is the only player capable of keeping his place every week.

I think the captain role is nowhere near as important as some make out. Who would you have as captain as a matter of interest?

Arfield