Ryan Jack

jjbscotty12

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He's never been outstanding. He's a passable midfielder but not even top 10 in our league. He's watched a few Barry videos, he constantly comes deep, takes it from Goldson or Worral then remembers hes not Barry he's Ryan Jack. A couple of 5 yard passes later we are no further forward. Just let the defenders play a 5-10 yard pass wide themselves and actually try to influence the game in midfield. 

Granted that is what he has been doing the last few games, simple passes. He is clearly injured and shouldn't be playing. But before that he was getting forward more and was effective. ( celtic game for sure ). Look, I'm not saying he is the best ( outstanding was the wrong word ) but next to a creative midfield player he will shine. We have known all along we lack flair in the middle.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Granted that is what he has been doing the last few games, simple passes. He is clearly injured and shouldn't be playing. But before that he was getting forward more and was effective. ( celtic game for sure ). Look, I'm not saying he is the best ( outstanding was the wrong word ) but next to a creative midfield player he will shine. We have known all along we lack flair in the middle.

That's his game, it's all he's ever done. He's not dynamic or forceful enough to get away with just keeping it tidy. If he was bullying opposition midfielders the playing a simple pass I'd say he has a role. He's a bit of a passenger truth be told. A midfielder who's influence is negligible

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

That's his game, it's all he's ever done. He's not dynamic or forceful enough to get away with just keeping it tidy. If he was bullying opposition midfielders the playing a simple pass I'd say he has a role. He's a bit of a passenger truth be told. A midfielder who's influence is negligible

He will have a big role to play next year. I guarantee it, I just hope he has a new attcking midfielder to work with. We have all said how similar we are in there.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He will have a big role to play next year. I guarantee it, I just hope he has a new attcking midfielder to work with. We have all said how similar we are in there.

Mccrorie is better than him he will be starting next season before jack

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He shouldn’t be playing if he’s injured. Small niggles are one thing but if he’s injured he owes it to his gaffer and team to say he can’t make it. If he was hiding something just to play against the sheep then that’s just pish on his part. Even still he’s not good enough for me. 

We should be expecting to dominate possession in most domestic games.  Kamara is very good in possession and I think he'll make that dedicated CDM position his own.  What we need is a couple of quality box-to-box players or a number 10 for next season.  Arfield when on form is really important to us but he's been really inconsistently lately and it feels like we can't depend on him.  

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He shouldn’t be playing if he’s injured. Small niggles are one thing but if he’s injured he owes it to his gaffer and team to say he can’t make it. If he was hiding something just to play against the sheep then that’s just pish on his part. Even still he’s not good enough for me. 

Couldn't agree more, the same goes for Arfield. They have pulled the wool over the gaffer's eyes and alot of the blame in the Hibs & Aberdeen games lies with them

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Couldn't agree more, the same goes for Arfield. They have pulled the wool over the gaffer's eyes and alot of the blame in the Hibs & Aberdeed games lies with them

Yeah, I didn’t want to start on Arfield as it was the RJ thread. Know what you’re saying though. 

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's really not, though his potential is there 

We dont lose games when mccrorie plays midfield and we lose plenty when jack plays. He is better he covers the ground better he reads the game better hes better in the air and hes stronger in the tackle.

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

We dont lose games when mccrorie plays midfield and we lose plenty when jack plays. He is better he covers the ground better he reads the game better hes better in the air and hes stronger in the tackle.

He's not as good on the ball, or in tight spaces, and isn't as good going forward.

Imo Mccrorie is competing with Kamara for a position when all are fit, and Kamara is better than him too.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not as good on the ball, or in tight spaces, and isn't as good going forward.

Imo Mccrorie is competing with Kamara for a position when all are fit, and Kamara is better than him too.

Jack only passes it 5 yards sideways mccrorie is very good at driving forward with the ball a lot better than Jack. 

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Jack only passes it 5 yards sideways mccrorie is very good at driving forward with the ball a lot better than Jack. 

Highlighted part is a nonsense spouted by folk that don't rate him.

We'll see tomorrow how good Mccrorie is when its not a destroyer role he's playing. And I hope he has a belter of a game.

On 12/03/2019 at 23:04, Cedrick said:

He’s one of the biggest problems , no Rangers league winning teams had centre mids that point blank refuses to try and create of play a forward pass , I’ve read and heard its not his job , pish , it’s a fake position for a shite midfielder 

I genuinely think he won't do but I think we are in big trouble if he  is part of our midfield next year 

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I genuinely think he won't do but I think we are in big trouble if he  is part of our midfield next year 

Need much better than Ryan Jack. Journeymen we’ve had for the last few fucking years and look how that’s worked out. 

Ryan Jack was supposedly one of The flocks best players. We took him and look what’s happened. They fucked us out of both cups without him. What does that tell us? Next is Shinnie from them. We have got Jordan Jones from killie coming in. Are we in a policy of trying to weaken other teams rather than us really strengthening? We need to look at real quality with proper value for next year. 

25 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Ryan Jack was supposedly one of The flocks best players. We took him and look what’s happened. They fucked us out of both cups without him. What does that tell us? Next is Shinnie from them. We have got Jordan Jones from killie coming in. Are we in a policy of trying to weaken other teams rather than us really strengthening? We need to look at real quality with proper value for next year. 

A bit like the early eighties when anyone who had a decent game against us was signed and we sank into mediocrity.