At what point does gerrard become sackable

Criticism of Gerrard is that he isn't learning, same players same tactics. If we go for permanent manager No 4 in as many seasons then the board and us also are not learning. There has to come a point where you stick with what you have and try add some quality to the players already there rather than once again having wholesale changes. In January were bouncing and looking forward to the next game against Kilmarnock, personally I think after losing that game a few of the players heads went down and have never fully recovered. These are the type of players that should be gradually phased out, to be replaced by those with a stronger mindset and better ability. But this takes time and money. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Folk can argue as much as they like about who signed who, but at the end of the day Gerrard has produced the best performances out of guys like Morelos and Tavernier.

Would they have played as well against the likes of Villarreal and celtic under Murty, Warburton or Caixinha?

I doubt it.

Morelos and Tavernier played superb against them under Murty.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Pish.

John was a lightweight shitebag who constantly shat out of challenges, all he had was pace. That's why he's only played 8 times this season, he was terrible.

Barisic is a Croatian international who's only been here around 6 months and is clearly taking time to adjust to the Scottish game. 

And Barisic isn't a shitebag that shites out of tackles? 

John was a Welsh international that was clearing needing time to adjust to the Scottish game.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Morelos and Tavernier played superb against them under Murty.

And Barisic isn't a shitebag that shites out of tackles? 

John was a Welsh international that was clearing needing time to adjust to the Scottish game.

He's clearly needing time to adjust to the English game aswell.

Firth

Flanagan

Polster

Goldson

Mccauley

Worrall 

Katic 

Barisic

Kent

Kamara

Coulibaly 

Davis

Grezda

Sadiq

Lafferty

Defoe

16 gerrard signings, our strongest starting 11 arguably contains 3 of them, nowhere near gokd enough given the squad needed overhauled, we replaced shite with different shite

There can be no getting away from the fact we have blown it this season, 55 was there for us, septic have dropped more points than in previous years yet we’ve failed to capitalise, previous managers have been labeled as rubbish managers when we’ve had a run of bad results but at the moment its the players fault , i really want Steven Gerrard to succeed as Rangers Manager but he’s far from blameless this season 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No he's not, he's just fucking pish. As is Barisic, but you canny use that excuse for one and not another.

He's only been here 6 months and obviously needs time to adjust to our game, that's not an excuse, that's a fact. 

He's obviously not pish, he was the best player on the park when we played Osijek and he wouldn't be anywhere near the Croatian national team if he was pish. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Missed your input over these last few games though I've not been on as much admittedly. 

I've avoided this shitehole mate..

I was fuming Wednesday and fuming the day. But when fenian bastards in the middle get huge decisions wrong wtf can we do?

Genuinely the day is one of the most blatant pks ever not given ffs.

Klos woulda loved that save 

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've avoided this shitehole mate..

I was fuming Wednesday and fuming the day. But when fenian bastards in the middle get huge decisions wrong wtf can we do?

Genuinely the day is one of the most blatant pks ever not given ffs.

Klos woulda loved that save 

We've been rotten ourselves at times and threw away games on our own, but even admitting that refereeing decisions have cost us points is seemingly worse than fly kicking a toddler on here.

I'm kind of half canned at the moment so obv my recent memory isn't the best, but have we had a big decision in a game go our way since the penalties against St Mirren? 

14 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's only been here 6 months and obviously needs time to adjust to our game, that's not an excuse, that's a fact. 

He's obviously not pish, he was the best player on the park when we played Osijek and he wouldn't be anywhere near the Croatian national team if he was pish. 

He is absolutely pish. Having one good game against us doesn't change that.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

The way I see it is we need a quality LB, LCB, CM, CM, CAM, RM and LM. 

And ST if alfredo goes. 

The scary thing is that Gerrard has brought in at least 1 player in all of those positions except RM

The fact we still need 7 players (in your view) tells it's own story about the shite we've signed this season. 

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The scary thing is that Gerrard has brought in at least 1 player in all of those positions except RM

The fact we still need 7 players (in your view) tells it's own story about the shite we've signed this season. 

The signings we have made this season for the best part have not been successful or we would be talking about pushing the scum all the way and making at least one cup final. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We've been rotten ourselves at times and threw away games on our own, but even admitting that refereeing decisions have cost us points is seemingly worse than fly kicking a toddler on here.

I'm kind of half canned at the moment so obv my recent memory isn't the best, but have we had a big decision in a game go our way since the penalties against St Mirren? 

Mate I'm no happy but why do.we do sack Stevie then who?

Sack him.after 5 months then who? Then another guy comes in?

Some.cunts seem to want to compare him to a guy that argued wae fans in a hedge and compare him to Gerrard :lol:

the progress is stagnating but there is progress there for all to see ffs

2 hours ago, TMB said:

As soon as we know a manager isn’t good enough to perform the job they should be off.

Does this also apply to players too because you are on here championing Barasic everyday every though he’s shown himself to be a gutless shitebag several times this season.

Archived