At what point does gerrard become sackable

55 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Needs given the chance to clear some of the numbers and tweak with quality here and there. He's built half decent foundations and needs some targeted quality. He gets next season to do that.

this.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were winning 9-IN-A-ROW celtic replaced their manager anaually.  The guy who stopped the 10 was Wim Jansen who was brought in for one season.

Sticking with a manager who isn’t good enough achieves nothing.  Would sticking with McCoist for longer have done any good?  Did having him for years bring stability to the club?  As soon as we know a manager isn’t good enough to perform the job they should be off.

Also, brining in a new manager can quite often bring dramatic changes in performance.  Some guys can get a lot more out of the existing players like Steve Clarke has done at Kilmarnock,  some can perform wholesale changes and get results Harry Redknapp was a guy that did this.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why does he deserve the chance to add them, he spent what, over 6mill on our defence last summer, and yet he starts with 2 warburton signings and a loan player in his back 4

He spunked 2mill on a winger and starts with a pedro signing and a loan, his striker signings have been abysmal

All this yet he can achieve what our past 3 managers haven't. 

Progress is progress. 

28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"We need an experienced manager". 

Who is going to take the job if we sack people every 8-9 months? 

Where is the money coming from to buy said experience? 

It will cost a couple of mill to sack Gerrard and his staff. Then we need funds for a new manager and his staff, even more funds if they are in a job already. All money we badly need to strengthen our squad.

Also does anyone on here really trust this board to get an experienced manager with their track record?

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Needs given the chance to clear some of the numbers and tweak with quality here and there. He's built half decent foundations and needs some targeted quality. He gets next season to do that.

What's the half decent foundations he has built ? 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

All this yet he can achieve what our past 3 managers haven't. 

Progress is progress. 

He's achievements can be put down to his predecessors signings, 

We beat the tarriers with 3 or gerrards signings starting the game (ive already stated i think shagger and arfield were targets pre gerrard signing) and two of them we dont own

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why does he deserve the chance to add them, he spent what, over 6mill on our defence last summer, and yet he starts with 2 warburton signings and a loan player in his back 4

He spunked 2mill on a winger and starts with a pedro signing and a loan, his striker signings have been abysmal

He also made the club around £15m - £20m? from Europe. 

Why does it matter who signed what players? They're all Rangers players. celtic have won back to back trebles using players Ronnie Delia signed. 

celtic added to their already settled, treble winning team and spent more on one player than Gerrard has on his whole team, but some people are losing their shit because we're not winning the league.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's achievements can be put down to his predecessors signings, 

We beat the tarriers with 3 or gerrards signings starting the game (ive already stated i think shagger and arfield were targets pre gerrard signing) and two of them we dont own

So he's expected to sign 11 players in one window to beat the tarriers then? 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It will cost a couple of mill to sack Gerrard and his staff. Then we need funds for a new manager and his staff, even more funds if they are in a job already. All money we badly need to strengthen our squad.

Also does anyone on here really trust this board to get an experienced manager with their track record?

After McCoist we as a support agreed, universally, that Rangers was too big a club for a rookie manager to learn his trade.  Disbelief when they gave Murty was given the rest of the season and hung out to dry.  Giving the job to Gerrard was a massive gamble.  Dave King said experience was the only box he didn’t tick but it was arguably the most important one.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never called anybody a cunt though, and imo he should get sacked because he’s taking us nowhere which is playing into the Tarriers hands 

Good to see you back posting my man

Ok so you just plucked the cunt out the air as if I said it. 

Very taigish. 

He's got my backing over the summer,priority is a captain in the Barry ferguson mould,also today it wasn't working first half and Stevie g changed it,a bit more about us second half,some better decision making and we could have nicked it,for me killie offered nothing today,same as the sheep on Tuesday!!?

We expect too much too soon and need to give him time. He's building a team and not going to always get the results we want so it's disappointing and that's why we over react. We have recorded a profit for the first time in a few years. That's probably to do with the master stroke of bringing him in first for the commercial side as well as being able to use his football connections. He's been a great draw for us, raising our profile that others have done their very best to tarnish by being as toxic as they could. There's probably more people watching Scottish football now as there have been in the last few years. Sponsorship deals from company's that want associated with us that probably wouldn't before.

His backroom staff are also highly thought of in the game and I have my doubts they would be here if it wasn't for him. Our club has been re-structured over the last few years and he is a vital part of it as he was for Liverpool. Although a lot of fans were hoping for similarities, He's not Graeme Souness but we should be supporting him as we did with Souness. It's the players who are letting him down and you can see some of them have lost belief and don't fancy it.

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Remember when bp9 was just a delusional cunt etc when he repeatedly wanted too back managers when there wasn't much too indicate sticking with them would change anything , why has that suddenly all changed 

Because those managers done nothing to suggest that they were worth sticking by. 

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

After McCoist we as a support agreed, universally, that Rangers was too big a club for a rookie manager to learn his trade.  Disbelief when they gave Murty was given the rest of the season and hung out to dry.  Giving the job to Gerrard was a massive gamble.  Dave King said experience was the only box he didn’t tick but it was arguably the most important one.

I agree it was a gamble and yes our supports preference would be an experienced manager. 

However I don't trust this board to attract one. I would honestly expect another gamble if they decided to change the manager. 

My feeling is they won't change the manager again. They'll look to back him in the summer with more funds. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because those managers done nothing to suggest that they were worth sticking by. 

That's my point though , what are people seeing that makes them think Gerrard is worth sticking by ? 

Btw I don't actually want him gone and think we need back him and with all the money we can scrape together but I don't mind admitting that's it's in total hope 

Archived