At what point does gerrard become sackable

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

After the sheep game mate :lol:

Nah I get it pal, I didn't even bother watching the second half tbh. It just felt like every other season recently when we would go in at the break with nothing left to win in the season and I couldn't be fucked with it. 

You're a top guy mate, one of the weird ones that understands what it's like to travel fucking miles to even get near a home game :lol:

Ha ha spot on, the wife just said your staying with us next trip so she can listen to your accent all weekend 😂😂

Your right though mate, sometimes the team doesn’t deserve what us as a support goes through 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Ha ha spot on, the wife just said your staying with us next trip so she can listen to your accent all weekend 😂😂

Your right though mate, sometimes the team doesn’t deserve what us as a support goes through 

:lol:

Northern Irish accent is posion mate, no idea why people like it.

Not at all pal, the likes of yourself and others that go home and away every week for the complete shite the team serves up on a regular basis. Seasons fucked, give young McCrorie the armband and go from there :lol:

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

16 players and sods law dictates that probably a quarter of them are ever going to work out. 

Most of the money that was spent was on the boys from the Balkans who have been hit with injuries and clearly need time to adapt. 

No way can we afford to only have a quarter of our signings work out, and as for the balkans needing time to adapt, katic slotted right in and barely put a foot wrong until gerrard got a hardon for worrall for whatever reason

The wages we've spunked on signings is frightening

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No way can we afford to only have a quarter of our signings work out, and as for the balkans needing time to adapt, katic slotted right in and barely put a foot wrong until gerrard got a hardon for worrall for whatever reason

The wages we've spunked on signings is frightening

The wages Warburton spunked on players was frightening, but you're so keen to remind us that two of his signings are still regular players out of how many he signed? 

Gerrard has raised the game of Tav and Halliday, along with players signed by Pedro, but that fact doesn't wash because he himself like every other manager before him has made poor signings. 

Rodgers signed 20 odd players yet only one arguably two have made any real impact on them, difference being they've been together for years. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The wages Warburton spunked on players was frightening, but you're so keen to remind us that two of his signings are still regular players out of how many he signed? 

Gerrard has raised the game of Tav and Halliday, along with players signed by Pedro, but that fact doesn't wash because he himself like every other manager before him has made poor signings. 

Rodgers signed 20 odd players yet only one arguably two have made any real impact on them, difference being they've been together for years. 

Did Gerrard sign any players mate? Or did the DOF? Gen question

41 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're right, we have players that downed tools under previous managers, but since the summer transfer window we've signed 16 players, so begs the question why the fuck are we using players from previous regime who downed tools 

far to complicated for the pc playing football managers, even though the answer is obvious.

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

Did Gerrard sign any players mate? Or did the DOF? Gen question

General rule of thumb is if said player is half decent then the DOF signed them and if they're shite then Gerrard did.

Then again the clocks go forward at the end of the month so it can all change. 

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The wages warburton spunked will be nowhere near the wages gerrard will have spunked if we dont win heehaw under him, warburton went into a season in the top flight with players signed for the championship, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The wages warburton spunked will be nowhere near the wages gerrard will have spunked if we dont win heehaw under him, warburton went into a season in the top flight with players signed for the championship, 

Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos and Garner all cost buttons then? 

For the people that are saying this time next year if the position is still the same, are they happy to wait until the tarriers have 9iar sown up and then give a new manager one year to stop ten

I think the board have a massive decision this summer, imo either a new manager gets 2 years or gerrard gets the 3, in an attempt to stop the ten, id argue gerrard gets the 3 but if we dont finish 2nd then questions will need asked big time 

I don't think he is sackable, I think he will have to see his contract out as the club can't keep swapping and changing Managers. imho, Gerrard got the team to qualify in Europe, beat celtic and made a great striker out of Morelos, so he's better than previous managers.  It would be good to see silverware this year and there is still hope of that.

The league is done, and effectively the season, so we must now now turn our attention to next year and start making plans.

There has been many highs and lows this season, but iam prepared to cut Gerrard a bit of slack in his debut year.

I still believe that he will get this right, and lead us to success.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

For the people that are saying this time next year if the position is still the same, are they happy to wait until the tarriers have 9iar sown up and then give a new manager one year to stop ten

I think the board have a massive decision this summer, imo either a new manager gets 2 years or gerrard gets the 3, in an attempt to stop the ten, id argue gerrard gets the 3 but if we dont finish 2nd then questions will need asked big time 

If you think Gerrard, or any other manager we have, should be winning the league when celtic have a turnover three times ours and a wage budget double ours, you're delusional.

Gerrard has been backed enough financially to take us to the position we're in, but he needs quality players to add the consistency we need and to turn all those draws into wins. If we want to be serious title contenders, he needs a lot more money to do it.

If he hadn't had the Europa League run he'd be under serious pressure right now. Considering he's spent "big" (big by current SPFL standards) money on Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Grezda we're basically no better in the league compared to previous years. 

We're far too reliant on Morelos to create everything by himself. Priority in the summer has to be the wide players and a number 10, you can play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1 with Morelos but the 3 behind him have to be more productive. 

Candeias is absolutely pish and can't produce basic crosses at times, he's our weak-link creatively and we need someone to replace him. He's fine as a backup against teams where we need someone to cover defensively for Tav, but he's absolutely rotten in most games and fans are blindsighted by the fact he runs around a bit. 

Gerrard gets until this time next year IMO, if we're still in a title race and in the cups/a similar European run he'll probably get the season after as well. But let's not kid ourselves, he's getting a hell of a lot of leeway because he's Steven Gerrard and our board will be in "awe" of him. 

He’ll get next season to win either the league, league cup or Scottish cup  

IF he fails to pick up one of them he’ll be gone when that is concluded. 

To get rid of him before is just madness. I was against him signing in the first place but he got us into Europe, there’s 8 games left in the league and it’s not lost yet. Why would you actually consider sacking a man who can still win the league?

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

If you think Gerrard, or any other manager we have, should be winning the league when celtic have a turnover three times ours and a wage budget double ours, you're delusional.

Gerrard has been backed enough financially to take us to the position we're in, but he needs quality players to add the consistency we need and to turn all those draws into wins. If we want to be serious title contenders, he needs a lot more money to do it.

SG needs to manage a lot better, same excuses same baffling tinkering with the team, far from snywhere near good enough.

He needs to catch on and do it now.

4 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

He’ll get next season to win either the league, league cup or Scottish cup  

IF he fails to pick up one of them he’ll be gone when that is concluded. 

To get rid of him before is just madness. I was against him signing in the first place but he got us into Europe, there’s 8 games left in the league and it’s not lost yet. Why would you actually consider sacking a man who can still win the league?

Still won the leauge come on to fuck ,we canny win 3 games in a row 😂next season he wins the leauge or sacked simple as that 

I really query his support structure. I've no idea what McAllister brings to the party, on match days it's nothing. Yesterday Beale I think was out giving tactical input to players, McAllister never does, never seems to contribute to Gerrard during games.

I think Gerrard would benefit hugely from an assistant manager who us tactically astute, experienced, and who can offer SG assistance but also challenge his thought process too.

14 minutes ago, backup said:

SG needs to manage a lot better, same excuses same baffling tinkering with the team, far from snywhere near good enough.

He needs to catch on and do it now.

You said he's working his ticket by playing yesterday's starting 11

6 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

You said he's working his ticket by playing yesterday's starting 11

To be pedantic I said the mid, you must think he is doing a sterling job, I don’t, job is far to big for a novice.

When he buys a house up here and moves his family up, it will go a long way to convincing me he is here for the long haul, until then if ever judgement is as is.

Gerrard is going nowhere, we all know that.

The issue is next season. Since October, this season has been so poor. An early loss in Euro Qualifiers and a bad start in league and Gerrard, like Pedro was, is then a dead man walking.

We really need a good end to season but most players look to have downed tools and Gerrard looks unable to get a performance from them.

Archived