Would losing Alfredo be a blessing in disguise?

Blue Avenger

I think we need to move backwards to move forwards. On the face of it losing our best player is bad...but getting 15m plus in for him will allow us to increase quality in other areas of the squad. I’ve said on another thread that bringing in players like Shinnie is not going to win is 55. We need to bring in better quality and that needs money.

8 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

The cunt runs through walls for us man. Who would be his replacement? 

If we somehow managed to keep him, with another years progression in him, and added 3/4 quality players I'd be over the fucking moon. 

Can't think of any player that could do the job he does up top. Seriously 

You know who replaces him.......   

He’s undoubtedly a great player but you’d think we’d struggle to survive if he moved on judging by some of the reactions you get when the subject comes up. Better have come and gone. We’ll be fine, especially if he gives us an extra 15 million, on top of the European money we made and the season ticket sales. 

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The expectation is that Alfredo will be gone this coming summer. His lifetime ambition is to play in the EPL which you couldn't blame any aspiring player for.

He would realise his goal and we would hopefully earn enough from the sale to fund several players of quality that we badly need to make a serious challenge.

The downside is we lose our best player and his goals. We lose a player who imo has much  more to come out of his locker as he matures and grows. We also lose a player with a big heart and a personality to match. Despite all the detractors bemoaning his so called "petulance" as an excuse to demonise him and the club he plays for, there is not a bad bone n his body. He just loves going out there and doing his thing. He revels in the sport he loves.

Quite simply the haters in this midden have put a target on his back and are conspiring to destroy him. Clubfoot epitomises that mentality. What is being done to Alfredo is as cynical and sinister as it is cowardly. It is imo better that he moves away as his development is now being stunted here and he would flourish and reach his full potential in a league where football is the game and not hatred. He deserves no less. We could also say, that if he does go, the haters have won, but have they? 

On the football front, we appear to have a one dimensional approach as to a game plan, in get the ball to Alfredo. IMO we do not always do that too well, in being rather ponderous and predictable in too many games and many of his goals have been through his own selfless work ethic. When he isn't at it, we do struggle with alternatives and no plan B. Whilst we have witnessed some sterling performances as a team, the consistency isn't there as we all know and Alfredo cannot play well in every game even if he gets through the hammer throwers after being kicked up and down the park. He is only human after all.

So what IF no Alfredo? Firstly there are not many strikers out there of his style and tenacity that could replace him. I also doubt many would put up with the shite he has. If a target is put on a new strikers back, I hazard to guess he would indeed fall foul of many reds cards in taking retribution. This means our manager has to come with a new approach to our game plan and indeed show his worth as next season is make or break.

We need more goal scoring outlets than our main striker as the oppo are just snuff that position out for lack of a goal threat coming from elsewhere. We need options and a better quality of player to overcome the antifootball we face from many teams. We need to be more solid and less ponderous in defence. More creative in midfield. A higher tempo going forward and players that can deliver those cutting edge through balls. Better movement off the ball. Quick thinking, quick feet, better decision making. These qualities just don't exist in the current crop, but add 3/4 of that quality, the rest can fit into a system that delivers those consistent winnng performances. Given the resources, it is then up to Gerrard to develop that winnng system. Only on the sale of Alfredo can we have a chance of bringing in that desired quality. This summer we don't need wholesale player departure, but several of the desired quality and mentality coming in.

In conclusion, I say the sale of Alfredo liberates us from the current easy and lazy option of get the ball to Morelos which is all rather too predictiable and his absence would demand that the manager has to cme up with a better and more dynamic footballing solution to the very one dimensional approach that we now have. If he succeeds we lay waste to all before us. If he fails, we are in meltdown!

Good post and certainly food for thought.

I don't think losing Morelos in the summer would be a blessing in disguise. He has earned his shirt and doesn't deserve the bad PR dished out by the media.

It does make me think that his development could be stalled by the competition he plays in, as those that govern it constantly abuse the rules and rob him and Rangers of Points.

For me, Gerrard's battle is to get a level playing field for his team.

16 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Good post and certainly food for thought.

I don't think losing Morelos in the summer would be a blessing in disguise. He has earned his shirt and doesn't deserve the bad PR dished out by the media.

It does make me think that his development could be stalled by the competition he plays in, as those that govern it constantly abuse the rules and rob him and Rangers of Points.

For me, Gerrard's battle is to get a level playing field for his team.

Some battle he has on his plate!

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

:lol:

The state of that reply.

I was admiring your running technique, never thought you were a rapist.

I assume you are unaware that the tramp you admire so much is being done for rape on a glasgow sidel street. You are aware of that ? 

I also believe you have a certain affinity with that taig tramp as you obviously think risking ur career to fight such an individual on a busy glasow street complete with witnesses, cctv etc is a risk worth taking. Is that correct?

Does that affinity involve drinking meths and brasso with him?

Sorry but u come across as someone  who does not have much to lose in life or u would not risk it.  I suspect u are only slightly better off than the tramp. A street sweeper aspiring to be a plumber perhaps?

This was a very valuable thread discussing factors important to Rangers success and u brought it down to this. Aye jog on mate.

37 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I assume you are unaware that the tramp you admire so much is being done for rape on a glasgow sidel street. You are aware of that ? 

I also believe you have a certain affinity with that taig tramp as you obviously think risking ur career to fight such an individual on a busy glasow street complete with witnesses, cctv etc is a risk worth taking. Is that correct?

Does that affinity involve drinking meths and brasso with him?

Sorry but u come across as someone  who does not have much to lose in life or u would not risk it.  I suspect u are only slightly better off than the tramp. A street sweeper aspiring to be a plumber perhaps?

This was a very valuable thread discussing factors important to Rangers success and u brought it down to this. Aye jog on mate.

Yes I am aware of that, how you came to the conclusion I admired him for observing your shitebaggery is bit puzzling though.

Yes I'd rather take that risk rather than run away from a tinker who couldn't fight sleep.

No.

You suspect wrong mate.

It's you who does the jogging, remember that.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Yes I am aware of that, how you came to the conclusion I admired him for observing your shitebaggery is bit puzzling though.

Yes I'd rather take that risk rather than run away from a tinker who couldn't fight sleep.

No.

You suspect wrong mate.

It's you who does the jogging, remember that.

Ok. I assume u are about 15 then and full of teenage bravado. Enjoy ur ignorance.  In 35 years time u will be about the age i am now ,have a high paying job (£80k) , a family, kids to get thru uni, cars ,holidays and all those good things to pay for. 

So project forward (if u can) , you would put that at risk to land a punch on a bigotted taig tramp? Seriously? 

What kind of youth are we producing.

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Ok. I assume u are about 15 then and full of teenage bravado. Enjoy ur ignorance.  In 35 years time u will be about the age i am now ,have a high paying job (£80k) , a family, kids to get thru uni, cars ,holidays and all those good things to pay for. 

So project forward (if u can) , you would put that at risk to land a punch on a bigotted taig tramp? Seriously? 

What kind of youth are we producing.

You assume wrong again, I wouldn't get out my bed for 80k a year. Bet your kids would have been proud of you scurrying away like a coward lol.

I wouldn't just punch him, i'd kick the shit out of him.

The kind of kids that would do what you do, run away.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You assume wrong again, I wouldn't get out my bed for 80k a year. Bet your kids would have been proud of you scurrying away like a coward lol.

I wouldn't just punch him, i'd kick the shit out of him.

The kind of kids that would do what you do, run away.

Aye right and so u fucking would.  So u would fuck your kids education and put ur family into self imposed austerity? Aye get set to jail mid 50s for what could be a lengthy stretch?? Fuck off back to your imaginary dream world. You are no hard man mate. You are just an idiotic  wannabe.

18 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Aye right and so u fucking would.  So u would fuck your kids education and put ur family into self imposed austerity? Aye get set to jail mid 50s for what could be a lengthy stretch?? Fuck off back to your imaginary dream world. You are no hard man mate. You are just an idiotic  wannabe.

Yes I would.

Never you mind about my kids, that's just weird mate.

You would get let off as it would be self defence if he had chased you.

Never once claimed to be a hard man, but I am most certainly not a coward like you lol.

You seem very angry mate, keyboard warrior in fact.

17 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

The cunt runs through walls for us man. Who would be his replacement? 

If we somehow managed to keep him, with another years progression in him, and added 3/4 quality players I'd be over the fucking moon. 

Can't think of any player that could do the job he does up top. Seriously 

We missed out on a really good player who was strong on the ball in ahearne-grant from Charlton, went to Huddersfield for chump change at about 2.5m due to his contract running out.

6 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Yes I would.

Never you mind about my kids, that's just weird mate.

You would get let off as it would be self defence if he had chased you.

Never once claimed to be a hard man, but I am most certainly not a coward like you lol.

You seem very angry mate, keyboard warrior in fact.

Well that says more about ur shite judgement than it does about me. And who said anything about chasing? He was sitting in the fucking street shouting abuse at passers by ffs. 

Why dont i believe u are any sort of provider for ur kids. Leave them out of it? Seems u leave them out of ur concerns  a bit too much. Signs of a shite parent. And to think we criticize the mccanns.

6 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Well that says more about ur shite judgement than it does about me. And who said anything about chasing? He was sitting in the fucking street shouting abuse at passers by ffs. 

Why dont i believe u are any sort of provider for ur kids. Leave them out of it? Seems u leave them out of ur concerns  a bit too much. Signs of a shite parent. And to think we criticize the mccanns.

Tbf I've met plumbger a few times. Cunts solid, and loaded. 

Don't even know the story here but I'm assuming you done a runner from a tramp or something. Fuck that

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Tbf I've met plumbger a few times. Cunts solid, and loaded. 

Don't even know the story here but I'm assuming you done a runner from a tramp or something. Fuck that

No mate. The rapist was sitting shouting abuse at passing bears. Thats all. Plumbger thinks that is worth actual physical fighting for. If that is the case i take it he has done time. 

@plumbGERhow many taigs have u  stabbed? How long were u in the bar l?

23 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

:lol:

I actually feel a wee bit sorry for you this morning, not as sorry as i feel for your kids for having a coward dad, but a wee bit sorry.

He’s leaving, Thats a given. It’s not good for us, but no player’s bigger than the club. 

I hope the money is used to secure long term contracts of players with sell on value and not wasted on loans but I doubt it will be. The money will be the making or breaking of Gerrard’s legacy at Rangers, let’s hope he spends wisely. 

27 minutes ago, Smile said:

Can the Admin @gogzy @cushynumber cut the threads from @plumbGER so we do not have to continue reading the pish he constantly fills a thread with? It's mind-numbing pish.

Grassing again, wit ye like?

It's not my thread btw, I was replying to a ridiculous post by @crazy bob swollenbaws that deserved mocked and it went right off on a tangent.