****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread****

Davy Vandenbroucke

17 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I get the feeling that Goldson starts every game regardless of how good or bad he's been. Warburton did this with Windass a couple of seasons ago too, even though he was fucking rank 2 games out of every 3.

Windass was rarely fit for any length of time while Warburton was in charge?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Katic btw. 

Clamour for him to start is unwarranted though because it’s Sam Cosgrove we’re up against , he got thrown about by Lyndon Dykes like a wee lassie the full time the guy was on the pitch. 

If anyone should start it should be Edmundson if we’re just going to continually rotate defenders because one has a bad half of football or doesn’t get to a header. 

The CBs we have need to deal with the current situation we face in the SPFL, giving Helander a game on a plastic pitch in his first serious physical test against an absolute brute and deciding he isn’t good enough is madness

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

this is the biggest test for us so far for me, including the game against the scum. We dominated the old firm but couldn't finish, better not be a repeat of that tomorrow. 

i'd start Morelos and Defoe.

a cagey 2-1 win i reckon. 

What old firm was this ?? As we certainly never dominated the last old firm your living in fantasy land if you think that.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

this is the biggest test for us so far for me, including the game against the scum. We dominated the old firm but couldn't finish, better not be a repeat of that tomorrow. 

I just don't see us going 4 4 2.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

We dominated the last old firm game ? .........WOW

-----------------mcgregor-----------------

Tav----- -edmundson---katic---------barasic

-----------Jack-----davis----king----------

---arfield---------morelos---------ojo----

Difficult one this at CB.  That looks risky on face of it but if we truly trust our 'top 4 CBs' and they are looking good in training then we need to use them when others don't perform. Both them have the ability to deal with Cosgrove.  Don't see this happening tho, will be Goldson plus Katic or Helander.

Would also like to see King get a run out as he seems composed and had used the ball well in his short cameos. We'll have the majority of possession

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Here was me thinking Dykes was sent off against us, didn't realise he scored a hat trick and bullied Katic...

Secondly in the two starts Katic made against Aberdeen last year he dominated Crosgrove. Kept a clean sheet in the 2-0 win and were unlucky with late goal in opener last season down to 10.

But yeah there's no logical reason to want him to start. 🙄

Was thinking the same mate,made cosgrove look like a wee girl in the 2-0 at ibrox..

Archived