Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

Not Tav’s biggest fan but today Jack turned out on autopilot and went to play a ball out right and Flanagan was standing with his finger up his arse a good 15 yards behind where Tav would normally be.

We need to either adjust our tactics without him in the side, or give someone like Polster or Patterson licence to roam as high as Tav does.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell him and play Flanagan in his natural position they said, he is much better defensively and will stop us conceding daft goals...never mind the attacking side, they said, hes a defender, he should be defending first not out of position up the field, his passing and crossing are terrible anyway they said...

Hes also never a captain, give it to Davis, Jack, McGregor or Goldson, they are all a better captain than him! They will drive us and get the players going more than Tav ever could they said...

2 weeks and 3 matches is what it took to prove all the nonsense being spouted for months wrong!

4 hours ago, chris182 said:

We'll have enough for Ross County. The Sheep have had a poor season but we absolutely owe them a pumping.

Did we not owe Stranrar at pumping at Ibrox, a team our colts beat comfortably...

Did we not owe St Mirren a pumping at Ibrox? 

What about Hearts, did we not owe them a pumping after we dropped points they earlier in the season?

But aye, we will have enough to beat Ross County and to pump Aberdeen, just because!

4 hours ago, Del said:

Did we not owe Stranrar at pumping at Ibrox, a team our colts beat comfortably...

Did we not owe St Mirren a pumping at Ibrox? 

What about Hearts, did we not owe them a pumping after we dropped points they earlier in the season?

But aye, we will have enough to beat Ross County and to pump Aberdeen, just because!

It was meant in the context of missing Tav.  Never said we would pump the sheep, read it again

6 hours ago, Del said:

Sell him and play Flanagan in his natural position they said, he is much better defensively and will stop us conceding daft goals...never mind the attacking side, they said, hes a defender, he should be defending first not out of position up the field, his passing and crossing are terrible anyway they said...

Hes also never a captain, give it to Davis, Jack, McGregor or Goldson, they are all a better captain than him! They will drive us and get the players going more than Tav ever could they said...

2 weeks and 3 matches is what it took to prove all the nonsense being spouted for months wrong!

I understand about the attacking side of things but one thing Flanagan can't be accused of is being at fault for the goals, the lad wasn't even on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do you think Tav would’ve made any difference to that shameful performance yesterday??

Because I don’t. 

Without a doubt, he gets forward all the time putting in crosses, give and go's. Our right side was shite yesterday purely down to Tav not playing  imo

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do you think Tav would’ve made any difference to that shameful performance yesterday??

Because I don’t. 

I think he would tbh. All they needed to do was snuff out Borna (first half) by doubling up on him - knowing fuck all was coming down the right. 
at least with two wing backs we would have created more chances and spread their back four more. 

but who knows 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because I don’t. 

Absolutely, gives us an attacking threat down the right, crosses in etc

tavs a reliable player and i think his absence is going to prove what an asset he is to the team. 

12 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Absolutely, gives us an attacking threat down the right, crosses in etc

tavs a reliable player and i think his absence is going to prove what an asset he is to the team. 

So what was the problem in the 1-1 draw where they bullied us off the pitch again. 
Not having Tav wasn’t the problem it was the total midfield going missing and Kent and Aribo forgetting they have a job to do going back the way as well as attacking. 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think he would tbh. All they needed to do was snuff out Borna (first half) by doubling up on him - knowing fuck all was coming down the right. 
at least with two wing backs we would have created more chances and spread their back four more. 

but who knows 

1-1 draw the game played out the exact same way and Tav was there. 

16 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Without a doubt, he gets forward all the time putting in crosses, give and go's. Our right side was shite yesterday purely down to Tav not playing  imo

1-1 draw. 
We got down the right in the second half made not one bit of difference to the overall game  

Is Tav a miss, yes because he is our best RB but if you think he was the difference yesterday then that’s rather worrying  

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So what was the problem in the 1-1 draw where they bullied us off the pitch again. 
Not having Tav wasn’t the problem it was the total midfield going missing and Kent and Aribo forgetting they have a job to do going back the way as well as attacking. 

I think the problem in that game was the same in this game, mentality.

played shit against stranraer and st mirren and managed a win, likely thought they could do it again. Maybe a bit of cockyness but its something that can, has and hopefully wont happen again

5 hours ago, Bluekev said:

I understand about the attacking side of things but one thing Flanagan can't be accused of is being at fault for the goals, the lad wasn't even on the pitch.

In relation to the Hearts game 100% he wasnt directly responsible for their goals in the way that others were but he got caught out a lot in the 45mins he did play, which is why with the booking, he couldnt be relied on to stay on the pitch and not get sent off!

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

played shit against stranraer and st mirren and managed a win, likely thought they could do it again. Maybe a bit of cockyness but its something that can, has and hopefully wont happen again

Twice we've went to Tynecastle and just expected to turn up and win. The midfield performance yesterday was diabolical, I don't think we we ever won a 2nd ball after an aerial challenge. 

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

We keep saying that mate, they will learn they won’t let it happen again. 
They don’t seem to be learning.  

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Twice we've went to Tynecastle and just expected to turn up and win. The midfield performance yesterday was diabolical, I don't think we we ever won a 2nd ball after an aerial challenge. 

Can’t remember one crunching tackle to put their stamp on the game, they spent the game chasing the shadows of the bottom team in the league. 

On 26 January 2020 at 16:41, OrangeRab said:

Hopefully everyone can see how badly we miss Tav. Tooothless without him

Toothless without him?

The next time Tav becomes a tough guy will be the first.

Apart from several players the rest shat the fucking bed and Tav would have made a difference? He would need to have bcome a whole midfield, a right winger and striker, as well as a RB. Away and have a lie doon.

Archived