Ojo.

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I agree but by the same token we had a player who was all heart and attitude in Candeias and people complained about him too for not contributing enough goals and assists.

Me included. I really thought it was a positive statement of intent in letting Candeias go, but we only seem to have sacrificed energy and defensive cover for a similar lack of technique and skill going forward.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he is by far not the only one we have too many passengers game to game something i just didnt think i would see when gerrard took over. What happened to if you don't give your all you won't be in the starting eleven for the next game pish he spouted at the beginning of this season and last. If he keeps playing his favourites when they are suffering from lack of form he will ultimately pay the price of failure. but to be honest the squad he has assembled this year and this is just my opinion. is i fear just not good enough. 

26 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Me included. I really thought it was a positive statement of intent in letting Candeias go, but we only seem to have sacrificed energy and defensive cover for a similar lack of technique and skill going forward.

I think Ojo has talent but he’s far too inexperienced and rough around the edges to be in the team every week and this isn’t a club where people will show patience while you iron out those flaws.

Sometimes it works, Kent for example, but for every Kent we have a string of Ejaria’s, Oduwa’s & Zelalem’s behind him.

I don’t know what Gerrard sees in the lad tbh.

lazy player who when we are defending barely breaks into a jog to track back, and when he does his positional sense is worse than amateur, he literally marks space and fresh air.

A luxury player we can’t afford in our team and he’s not even good enough up front to be called ‘luxury’ 

I would play JD in his position until Kent or Jones are fit, at least with JD we know he will work.

I understand his lack of experience, him finding it new playing under pressure / in Europe / full houses etc. I get all that and know we cant expect the finished article.

But I still cant take to him, I think its just he appears (and is) a lazy bastard and doesn't want to graft to help the team. If he thinks he's good enough to be the luxury player that doesn't need to work hard all game, or Gerrard thinks that, then they're wrong on both his ability affording him that right and also Rangers fans tolerating it. Youths should be bursting a gut to impress, not strolling around like they're the main man.

lazy player who when we are defending barely breaks into a jog to track back, and when he does his positional sense is worse than amateur, he literally marks space and fresh air.

A luxury player we can’t afford in our team and he’s not even good enough up front to be called ‘luxury’ 

I would play JD in his position until Kent or Jones are fit, at least with JD we know he will work.

12 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Defoe playing out wide is an awful suggestion tbh.

27 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We'd be bottom of the group on 1 point if it wasn't for him.

Eh, naw.  He should have either scored or played Morelos in when we were one up.  Also bottled it with a pass outside to Jack when he was in a good area.

20 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Don’t play him wide. Put him up front with Morelos I would rather that than Ojo floating about the pitch like Nicky law (invisible)

So you would change the entire shape of the team to accommodate Defoe just because you don’t want Ojo in the team..seems a bit extreme to me.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So you would change the entire shape of the team to accommodate Defoe just because you don’t want Ojo in the team..seems a bit extreme to me.

It’s not changing the entire shape when Ojo is playing like a second striker who won’t fuckin chase back, I would rather JD had that luxury because he the best player on our books imo

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Don’t play him wide. Put him up front with Morelos I would rather that than Ojo floating about the pitch like Nicky law (invisible)

Stevie won’t do it but I would actually go 4 4 1 1 with Mo playing  in behind Defoe  

Give me 11 players bursting a gut anytime instead of players getting played and not giving a fuck just because we have to play a certain system. 

30 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Stevie won’t do it but I would actually go 4 4 1 1 with Mo playing  in behind Defoe  

Give me 11 players bursting a gut anytime instead of players getting played and not giving a fuck just because we have to play a certain system. 

He’s a young rookie  manager I get that, and he wants to put his stamp on the team which in fairness the 4-3-3 has worked a lot of the time, but it’s the in game tactics in individual games he is very naive in, its as if he doesn’t want to change the plan at all.

Ojo should have been hooked at HT he was shocking 1st half,  how he managed the full 90 is beyond me.

I thought when Jack went off we lost the engine in the middle, if we switched to a four in the midfield we could have played with 2 lines of four and stuck Defoe up with Morelos just behind just to  tighten the back up and with them two up front you always have a chance of a goal.

All ifs buts and maybes I suppose.

we will hammer them at home coz they were shite, honestly don’t know how we lost that game last night. 

Archived