*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

RangersMedia

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Different team set up against us, if they came out and attacked us the way they did against the sheep, we'd have ripped them a new one.  Listening to SG in the presser on Friday, M'well missed a penalty and hit the bar before the sheep scored.  We know how hard it is against the sheep when they get their noses in front of us and they were then chasing the game.  Teams just simply don't play against us the way they do against everybody else. 

Correct.  If the handball penalty had been awarded and Tav hadn’t messed up again with his I think it would have panned out a very different game.  As it is, we fought hard and got what we deserved.  Motherwell also got hat they deserved - nothing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Firstly I thought the starting 11 was all wrong.  Stewart Aribo and Barker in the team doesn't fill me with confidence in any game. Terrible first half performance. Fuckin delighted and relieved to get the 3 points. So well done Gers 

I said the same at the start of the match. I didn’t think we could carry all three, although that might be unfair on Stewart given some of his home performances.

7 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Aribo offers very little 

True but so did Borna last season. Hopefully we will see the same transformation. I don’t mind us playing Joe but if we do then we can’t play others who have a habit of dropping out of games.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

Big three points today after going behind.

Its frustrating how quickly the crowd turn on the team at ibrox. Get behind the team in sticky situations, can only benefit the boys on the pitch. 

Hard match after as the manager said we maxed out on Thursday and apart from criticism you could hear the players shouting on the pitch it was that quiet , ibrox needs to have a good look at ourselves at times 

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hard match after as the manager said we maxed out on Thursday and apart from criticism you could hear the players shouting on the pitch it was that quiet , ibrox needs to have a good look at ourselves at times 

Fans don't win matches, players do, maybe its some of the players that need to have a look at themselves.

4 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Fans don't win matches, players do, maybe its some of the players that need to have a look at themselves.

Fans make a massive difference though , Feyenoord admitted their arses collapsed under the noise at ibrox , we go with your theory what’s the fucking point in the sport 

18 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I said the same at the start of the match. I didn’t think we could carry all three, although that might be unfair on Stewart given some of his home performances.

True but so did Borna last season. Hopefully we will see the same transformation. I don’t mind us playing Joe but if we do then we can’t play others who have a habit of dropping out of games.

By no means giving up on him. He has a nice touch but we need more from him. 
Gerrard needs to find the best way to use him 

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

I'm almost happier with that than a 5-0 win. Motherwell are a decent side in this league, clearly on a good day and we weren't at our best, but we ground out the win and showcased a lot of nous, determination and effort. These sort of games will happen; these wins win titles. Good job Rangers.

Post of the night And 100% spot on

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Fans make a massive difference though , Feyenoord admitted their arses collapsed under the noise at ibrox , we go with your theory what’s the fucking point in the sport 

Thousands of guys and girls up and down the country play football in front of either nobody or two guys and a dog, your theory is complete bolloks.

Not the best but deserved the 3 points. Barisic was MOTM today by a mile, the rest were somewhere between below average and above average for me. Not a great game or performance at all but the 3 points is the main thing, their the same 3 points the tims got the day. 

57 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Different team set up against us, if they came out and attacked us the way they did against the sheep, we'd have ripped them a new one.  Listening to SG in the presser on Friday, M'well missed a penalty and hit the bar before the sheep scored.  We know how hard it is against the sheep when they get their noses in front of us and they were then chasing the game.  Teams just simply don't play against us the way they do against everybody else. 

We allow these teams to play this way however, our team is setup for everyone to take the ball miles from their goal and allow the opponents time to get behind the ball, even worse when we lose the first goal, if your an opposing manager why would you press high at ibrox knowing full well the Rangers midfield will drop deep anyway for you

We badly need more players pressing high when we have the ball, one of the midfield 3 has to move into the space between the opposing midfield and defence, so we can move the ball up the park 

Best example i can think of, the passage of play that we did out of our box against porto, it was fucking fluid football and took about 5 or 6 porto players out the game, but what scottish team bar the tarriers have that many players that far up the park against us, so we need something different in scotland

I said it in the county match thread, two actual wingers to drag their fullbacks wide, arfield or another midfielder sitting in that pocket of space between the opposing midfield and opposing defence, we can still build from the back but it gives us more of an option when moving up the park

Motherwell played very well for a half against the fenians this season. Decent enough team now they've got match fitness under them.

We deserved the 3 points and another pen for a pretty blatant handball. It is what it is after thursday night. Roll on wednesday night!

30 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

How many times have opposition players in Europe that come to ibrox said that the noise created by our fans affected them? Fans don't win matches but a noisy ibrox, with the crowd right behind the team is certainly better than ibrox with no atmosphere and the crowd on the backs of the players. 

Archived