*****Official Rangers v Hamilton Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

19 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

If Gerrard plays Morelos in this meaningless game rather than today he's an idiot

I agree mate , a fine would have been suffice I said on another thread imagine them going to Tynecastle with no fit strikers, would Lennon drop Eduard for being late back , fucking no chance , I can see Gerrard’s and the bears that agree side to but personally I’d rather have had a shot at goal against the bottom of the league team 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGregor

Goldson Edmundson Katic

Tavernier                                                                   Barisic

Jack     Kamara

Hagi

Morelos                     Kamberi

Replace Kamara with whoever you want, the other options in place of him are just as shite. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Talking to my wee brother about this earlier on, if Gerrard can't use the games from now until the end of the season to experiment, change things up and find a way of beating the muck in this league he cannot be in the dugout at the start of the next campaign. 

Hamilton at home is the perfect opportunity to try something different, 3 at the back swamp the midfield and play 2 strikers up front, get a few boys from the academy into the squad as they'll bust a gut and give 100%. 

Probably his only way out of this mess mate to be honest. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Surely he's not just going to pick the same players and play the same way from now on? 

If he does then hell mend him in all honesty. 

He will he's not going to change the tactics he's been playing for 2 years on a whim

might change a couple of players though will be interesting to see the ones he drops/ blames

Just now, Ivybank said:

He will he's not going to change the tactics he's been playing for 2 years on a whim

might change a couple of players though will be interesting to see the ones he drops/ blames

If it's the same players in the obvious system wouldn't blame all the supporters buses if they done a complete 180 on Wednesday and fucked off back home before 7.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Surely he's not just going to pick the same players and play the same way from now on? 

Exactly my point mate, he’s an intelligent guy who knows the game no question, but if he can’t or won’t adapt his tactics to suit what players he’s got available then management probably isn’t for him. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Did he change when he seen us out at home to the sheep in a replay SC QF last season? 

Nope. Played the same shite and drew at home against Killie game after it too.

In fact, the month of March last season seen us go a nice run of Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw, Loss. Out the Scottish Cup before Hampden (deja vu) and drop 12 points in the league since the winter break. 

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

If he doesn’t then the games up. As you say it is an interesting prospect as if his comments on having to look hard at things over the next day or two results in no change what’s the point. Plenty he can make a statement with and again like you said intrigued to see who he opts to leave out/blame. Massive week ahead for his career to be fair 

Anything other than a massive reaction on Wednesday I think will be the end for Gerrard if he's still around.

He's basically said today was how we looked before he took over so clearly he's starting to notice perhaps the players are believing in him anymore.

He'll not sit around if that's the case imo 

If these players want the gaffer to remain they'll show it v Hamilton

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Did he change when he seen us out at home to the sheep in a replay SC QF last season? 

Nope. Played the same shite and drew at home against Killie game after it too.

In fact, the month of March last season seen us go a nice run of Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw, Loss. Out the Scottish Cup before Hampden (deja vu) and drop 12 points in the league since the winter break. 

I get the point entirely mate, difference is this time around its last chance saloon for him. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Anything other than a massive reaction on Wednesday I think will be the end for Gerrard if he's still around.

He's basically said today was how we looked before he took over so clearly he's starting to notice perhaps the players are believing in him anymore.

If I was him I'd call them out in a press conference and tell the fans these cunts are at it and they won't be playing again as long as I'm here. 

Won't happen but fuck it :lol:

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

One of the main problem for players that were top level performers going into management is that the players at your disposal will not be as good as they or the teams they played in were. You can try and implement the tactics that worked for them teams but if the personnel isn’t good enough it won’t work. For me that’s why so many fail, unless you get a gig like Madrid or some shite, cunts just won’t have the ability to constantly play the way you want 

I get the point entirely mate, difference is this time around its last chance saloon for him. 

There's a massive part of me that thinks it wouldn't matter what system we play, the majority of the players, when the going gets tough, they wouldn't give their all for anyone.

Kent's post match comment after Braga about the tension and immense pressure in the domestic games was so fucking telling to me. 

If I was him I'd call them out in a press conference and tell the fans these cunts are at it and they won't be playing again as long as I'm here. 

Won't happen but fuck it :lol:

That's what he needs to do mate. The fans would 100% back him I hope he knows that. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's like conte at Chelsea he was on the brink of the sack until he went to 352 won them the title

Possibly the most drastic and important transformation, tactically that a manager has done to suit the players available to him I’ve ever seen and fuck me did it work. 
edit: actually don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for that to be honest 

48 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He picks that team, to play to his system, so the blame is his.

If Tav is a starter, then he has not learned one thing and he needs to go.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Btw no chance Hagi is signing with that shower of nonsense as well. Place is poisonous 

Thought that at 0-2 against Braga he must’ve wondered wtf he’d signed up for then he rescued us 

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He picks that team, to play to his system, so the blame is his.

If Tav is a starter, then he has not learned one thing and he needs to go.

I’ll agree his inability to adapt game by game and especially when things are not working during a game will no doubt be his undoing if it’s not already there. I do honestly believe still though that Tav is really not the worst issue we have to deal with, admittedly he’s not been as affective this season but hardly deserves the abuse he receives either although that header today was ridiculous. 
surely there was at least 7 other outfield players that also must fit into the same category as where you just put Tav ? 

If they are going to show they give a shit for us and their manager it all needs to start on Wednesday night.

McGregor

Polster               Goldson                        Edmondson            Barisic

Halliday (C)

Aribo                                                                          Kent

Hagi

Dafoe                                  Kamberi

I know Andy isnt the best footballer but for the rest of this season I'd make him captain to try get through to the rest what it means to play for Rangers,

Gerrard always said he trusts Andy so use him to bark your orders at the imposters who think its fine to just turn up and go through the motions.

5 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Only prediction I’ve got is what ever crowd turn up the atmosphere will be poisonous and even more so should we go one down. Rightly so. 

This team don’t deserve any backing. I’m pretty sure most if not all of them probably don’t give much of a fuck on their massive salaries.

They embarrass us time and time again 

Archived