*****Official Rangers v Hamilton Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SJGF5 said:

Yes. He's a less than average left back. He's barely better at right back but as he has demonstrated multiple times over the last year and a half he is one of the few who has a bit of fight in him. He isn't afraid to get stuck in and going through the whole squad he's the best option for the role.  (And if it doesn't work out, then next up for the role is Polster.)

Fucking hell man 

Start quickly with a high tempo. Pass round them when we can. Change the attack sometimes and get the ball forward quickly and feed off the second ball. Defenders are judged on the number of goals they concede not how many 40 yard passes they complete. Defend first.

No cheap corners

Keep a high tempo till the end of the match. Pass the ball quickly where we can and keep them running.

Remember how to defend and attack dead ball situations like practices in training.

Anyway that's my team talk to the amateur team I am involved with. Its working really well just now.

We have guys that if they get a bad injury dont get paid at work. They  never flinch a tackle they never miss a training session even after a 10 hour shift on a building site and they never miss a payment.

I despaired at the effort on Saturday - and Kilmarnock and the last Hearts match - but we need to move on. Potentially with different players.

3 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Start quickly with a high tempo. Pass round them when we can. Change the attack sometimes and get the ball forward quickly and feed off the second ball. Defenders are judged on the number of goals they concede not how many 40 yard passes they complete. Defend first.

No cheap corners

Keep a high tempo till the end of the match. Pass the ball quickly where we can and keep them running.

Remember how to defend and attack dead ball situations like practices in training.

Anyway that's my team talk to the amateur team I am involved with. Its working really well just now.

We have guys that if they get a bad injury dont get paid at work. They  never flinch a tackle they never miss a training session even after a 10 hour shift on a building site and they never miss a payment.

I despaired at the effort on Saturday - and Kilmarnock and the last Hearts match - but we need to move on. Potentially with different players.

OK, you've got the job!

Davis never played much in central midfield for us under Walter  and we can see why now .

Aribo is never a central midfield player as he does not have the positional nous to protect the back four nor is he a ball winner.

Kent is a sand dancer who scores or assists all too rarely.

Maybe something like this.

Greegs

Polster          Goldson   Katic         Borna

Jack    Kamara

Hagi

jones          Alfie                flo

9 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Can't see Gerrard being able to motivate the players for this. We are playing for fuck all now, total shambles.

We ought to be able to sleepwalk past Accies, despite injuries & loss of form.

Players are getting a lesson in that, however crap they think our domestic rivals are, they’re capable of embarrassing them, if they fail to give it their full attention & concentration.

On Wednesday, Kent’ll probably bag a couple (he seems to like playing them), we’ll get another couple & it’ll seem like we’re back on the rails.

McGregor

Tav          Goldson      Edmundson    Barisic

Aribo        Hagi        Kamara        Kent

Kamberi     Morelos

When I now look at the options then I think we have no choice but to start Morelos. This is an attacking side. The way it should always be at Ibrox. I've no doubt Davis will start when he shouldn't.

4-2-3-1.. 

McGregor

Goldson         Edmundson

Tavernier                                                   Barisic

Polster            Aribo

Jones/Hastie          Hagi         Kamberi/Kent

Morelos / Defoe

2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Davis never played much in central midfield for us under Walter  and we can see why now .

Aribo is never a central midfield player as he does not have the positional nous to protect the back four nor is he a ball winner.

Kent is a sand dancer who scores or assists all too rarely.

Maybe something like this.

Greegs

Polster          Goldson   Katic         Borna

Jack    Kamara

Hagi

jones          Alfie                flo

Now we are talkng!

Consequences!

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There has to be changes, including going 2 up front. 

I’d go...

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Borna

Hagi Jack Aribo Kent

Morelos Kamberi 

So are you dropping Edmundson because of the accidental hand ball or the misplaced kick on a cow pasture or because he didn't score from a corner? What a fickle bunch we are. Only five days ago he was seen as Beckenbaur. 

Edmundson, although still learning is a better player than Katic in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So are you dropping Edmundson because of the accidental hand ball or the misplaced kick on a cow pasture or because he didn't score from a corner? What a fickle bunch we are. Only five days ago he was seen as Beckenbaur. 

Edmundson, although still learning is a better player than Katic in my opinion.

Never bought into the hype after last week. Could have been 1-0 inside a couple of minutes with an absolute hospital ball from him, also lost his man when they hit the post - although he did pretty well otherwise. Was as bad as anything on the park against Hearts, and his last appearance against Hamilton.

Katic is the better player for me, but had to be dropped after St Johnstone. 

I’d be dropping Tav if Flanagan and Polster weren’t so shite.

2 hours ago, MillwallLoyal said:

4-2-3-1.. 

McGregor

Goldson         Edmundson

Tavernier                                                   Barisic

Polster            Aribo

Jones/Hastie          Hagi         Kamberi/Kent

Morelos / Defoe

Polster and Aribo at centre mid. Fuck me

Archived