A split in the squad

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Flanagan has had 2 years to get up to speed and become comfortable with what we need from full backs for our system.  Asking a RB to be a RB and go forward and get good crosses in shouldn't be alien to him. He fucked his opportunity yet again against Hearts although he at least tried going forward against St Mirren. His cross even eventually resulted in a goal.

Not sure why you would give him an easy time for failure whilst slating others for the same. Folk need to seize opportunities but imo he's another one of those in the waster category from the other thread. Happy to take the wage to be back up but an unreliable one at that 

Two years, he's played his favoured position three times in two years? How can anyone be judged on that

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No whatsapp rumours, not "i know a cunt who walks his dug near the training ground" just my observations

The squad is split, but it has been simmering for a while, perhaps something kicked off in dubai or not but i have a feeling this has been brewing for a lot longer and it comes down to the ones that can do no wrong and the others who cannot do right 

It isn't amateur football, where players get leeway compared to others, 

We are a professional football team and we should be treating the players the same in the squad, and that clearly ain't happening 

Look at kamaras face tonight when he was subbed, did he do worse than most around him, doubt it, yet davis gets another 90mins while kamara probably isn't seen again for weeks

Flanagan hooked at HT at tynecastle, never seen again even in matchday squads, tav costs us again but plays week in week out, 

Katic, fuck me the poor guy has been under more buses than a mechanic, will goldson be treated the same, thats twice since winter break goldson has cost ua points, katic doesnt even have that record 

Aribo, jones, ojo all at times or always in regards to jones, thrown under a bus when playing shite, gerrard played arfield even when he was having off field issues

Imo there is a split, and its been coming for a while, winning keeps it at bay, now we arent winning the cracks in the squad are showing

Kamara chucked it last night well before he was hooked. Absolute hospital balls a number of times. Hiding and couldn’t give a fuck.

Looked every bit a £50k player.

11 minutes ago, tomger said:

No they try in Europe so they can get their next move 

Bollocks, the team tried last night! Last night was one of they nights and it has just happened at the worst possible time! Barisic Tav both had a stinker again! That effects what we do, but still should been at least 2 or 3 up! Morelos header n Tav sitter, changing manager doesn't effect that

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Kamara chucked it last night well before he was hooked. Absolute hospital balls a number of times. Hiding and couldn’t give a fuck.

Looked every bit a £50k player.

Totally agree and i am a fan of his . Dont know whats going on with the guy , he cant make a 4-5 yard pass.........

Just now, Nk89 said:

Bollocks, the team tried last night! Last night was one of they nights and it has just happened at the worst possible time! Barisic Tav both had a stinker again! That effects what we do, but still should been at least 2 or 3 up! Morelos header n Tav sitter, changing manager doesn't effect that

Yeah it does, the tav chance should be a striker up there, it wasn't a set piece, it was open play and the guy closest to their goal was our fucking right back

Thats our setup that does that, when tav missed that sitter, hagi (our nunber ten creative player) was sitting outside the box in midfield, covering the midfielder who was covering tav at right back

If tav stays back, kamara or davis stays in midfield, and hagi breaks into the box like a number ten should, we score and win 

Its simple

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Totally agree and i am a fan of his . Dont know whats going on with the guy , he cant make a 4-5 yard pass.........

His confidence is well and truly gone, he's fearing of trying anything fancy (like a drag back in his box) knowing he'll be hammered for it

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Pish, these people are hurting, however when issues they picked up on ages ago, and they were shot down for it, and mocked for it, come to a head, they have every right to highlight it

I was called a spastic for daring to say greg stewart wasnt a game changer and didnt warrant the praise, others on here have gotten abuse whenever they put forward an opinion that wasnt all singing and all dancing about the club

Ffs theres still people defending tav and goldson after last night 

Folk on threads are talking about gaining satisfaction from being "proven right " over things. Old threads bumped. Folk rarely seen when the going is good hitting high post counts now they can be negative. 

Theres a clear element of folk thinking they have been proven right and revelling in the current situation. Theres even fucking lols kicking around when theres fuck all funny.

You were called a spastic previously, I get why you bumped that thread asking what folk are saying about it now. But it sure as fuck is about revelling in the situation, working it to get your own bit of satisfaction from it (some of it I get why) that's exactly why you did it. 

Tbh though others on here are worse with direct attacks on other bears, at least you debate.

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Two years, he's played his favoured position three times in two years? How can anyone be judged on that

Because hes a professional player, in that position, who will have been used in that position day in day out in training and development matches so that as back up when needed to be called upon he could step in.

Hes paid to be ready.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah it does, the tav chance should be a striker up there, it wasn't a set piece, it was open play and the guy closest to their goal was our fucking right back

Thats our setup that does that, when tav missed that sitter, hagi (our nunber ten creative player) was sitting outside the box in midfield, covering the midfielder who was covering tav at right back

If tav stays back, kamara or davis stays in midfield, and hagi breaks into the box like a number ten should, we score and win 

Its simple

We are pushing for a goal at home to Hamilton!! Tav is doing the right thing by getting in the box!

Hagi should be doing the same regardless of what Tav is doing

9 minutes ago, MisterC said:

And that's what disappointing Jim, you do seem to be revelling in this shit. I know we're all gutted at how things have gone but you are coming across as revelling in this.

Absolute nonsense 

I s there a radar for guys that revel In our teams shocking displays .Ot maybe it’s just that someone has been wrong for so long ,won’t admit when someone else is right about something . 

Or maybe my third choice .You just don’t like the poster

Either way .This place has gone mad 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk on threads are talking about gaining satisfaction from being "proven right " over things. Old threads bumped. Folk rarely seen when the going is good hitting high post counts now they can be negative. 

Theres a clear element of folk thinking they have been proven right and revelling in the current situation. Theres even fucking lols kicking around when theres fuck all funny.

You were called a spastic previously, I get why you bumped that thread asking what folk are saying about it now. But it sure as fuck is about revelling in the situation, working it to get your own bit of satisfaction from it (some of it I get why) that's exactly why you did it. 

Tbh though others on here are worse with direct attacks on other bears, at least you debate.

You dont need to revel in something to want to highlight the point you made months ago, i wish i was wrong about stewart, i wish my gerrard sack thread could be highlighted for fun as he lifts a treble, 

But when some (not yourself I'll grant you that) failed to debate back then, why should there be debate now

Theres anger amongst the fans the now, surely these responses should be expected given abuse some took earlier in season or previous seasons

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We are pushing for a goal at home to Hamilton!! Tav is doing the right thing by getting in the box!

Hagi should be doing the same regardless of what Tav is doing

We push for a goal every time we go up the park, but when defenders are told to go higher than midfielders theres an issue 

Do you think walter would have told ferguson to cover at right back, and Naismith to cover Ferguson in midfield, so broadfoot can get up the park

Not a chance, gerrard is over complicating scottish football

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

You dont need to revel in something to want to highlight the point you made months ago, i wish i was wrong about stewart, i wish my gerrard sack thread could be highlighted for fun as he lifts a treble, 

But when some (not yourself I'll grant you that) failed to debate back then, why should there be debate now

Theres anger amongst the fans the now, surely these responses should be expected given abuse some took earlier in season or previous seasons

Ok. To me much of it comes across as revelling, you and others may not mean it to but that's my view. And others by the looks if it.

I'm all for debate.

36 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Teams just don't beat celtic one week, then a few weeks later after plenty of rest, and buzzing from that result, turn in a turgid performance like they did v Stranrear, and then that continues unabated for the rest of the season to date.

"After plenty of rest" ???

Therein lies an issue for me. Did they actually get plenty of rest? Did they get any rest? I remember watching day after day of training on Rangers TV when they were in Dubai. It didn't look they had any time off at all and then culminating in a game. Meanwhile other teams train on alternate days with a day off in between. It looked a lot like our players were getting beasted (excuse the phrase) every day. That begs my question, was there a mini revolt? Were they hacked off about being taken to 28C heat, trained to the point of dropping then repeat the following day? All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy as the saying goes. There is no doubt the team are fit. Probably one of the fittest teams going about but there's no point in being super fit if your attitude stinks and you lack basic skills.

Perhaps the whole regime and modus operandi is not working or perhaps they're just a whole load of no users. Something is definitely up and it's fucking huge.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We push for a goal every time we go up the park, but when defenders are told to go higher than midfielders theres an issue 

Do you think walter would have told ferguson to cover at right back, and Naismith to cover Ferguson in midfield, so broadfoot can get up the park

Not a chance, gerrard is over complicating scottish football

Because Tav is in the box, doesn't mean tht Hagi shouldn't be,  that's an individual decision for Hagi not to move into the box.

Nothing to do with management

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

Go to cafe Parma in hyndland any day of the week and you’ll find McGregor, Goldson, wes, Halliday, Davis etc all having a laugh together. That’s only one faction. 

what happened to the days of a team that drinks together wins together!!!!????

They got professionalised. I remember being at the Wickets and watching, laudrup, gascoigne,  mccoist etc get off the bus and train. Different times my man. We did well early in the 90s but got really pumped in Europe later.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think it's more to do with those who know what its all about up here, who know that 2nd is nothing, against those who talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

I'm not saying it's a nationality thing. More grit, drive from within, a scottish defiance type thing. Most of us probably had it as kids growing up. Bigger they are harder they fall attitude.

McGregor, Arfield, Jack maybe Katic probably fall into one camp and look at the other side thinking they're primadona imposters taking the wage but not puting it all on the line. Tav, Morelos, Barasic all come into that category of being pretty footballers not street fighters. Or perform dependent on when it suits them, not each time they pull on the jersey. And that's what's often needed here before ability can make difference to results.

I dunno. I just think half our team look at the man beside him thinking he's a shitebag who wont have my back, not selfless. wont give it his all.

That explains a lot then.

We have diva's in the dressing room thinking the Scottish game is beneath them. Which is p'ing off those who know that Scottish football can be a bit hack and chop but still as challenging as other leagues.

Squabbles have cost us silverware. That's not acceptable or professional  :tut: 

7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

They got professionalised. I remember being at the Wickets and watching, laudrup, gascoigne,  mccoist etc get off the bus and train. Different times my man. We did well early in the 90s but got really pumped in Europe later.

I’m talking about the full squad going for a coffee together, lunch, dinner, swally etc. No one is asking them to party every day

19 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

"After plenty of rest" ???

Therein lies an issue for me. Did they actually get plenty of rest? Did they get any rest? I remember watching day after day of training on Rangers TV when they were in Dubai. It didn't look they had any time off at all and then culminating in a game. Meanwhile other teams train on alternate days with a day off in between. It looked a lot like our players were getting beasted (excuse the phrase) every day. That begs my question, was there a mini revolt? Were they hacked off about being taken to 28C heat, trained to the point of dropping then repeat the following day? All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy as the saying goes. There is no doubt the team are fit. Probably one of the fittest teams going about but there's no point in being super fit if your attitude stinks and you lack basic skills.

Perhaps the whole regime and modus operandi is not working or perhaps they're just a whole load of no users. Something is definitely up and it's fucking huge.

Read this today I don't know if there is any truth to it.

05 Mar 2020 08:58:52   

Had an interesting conversation in club Europe last night. Told serious rift between Wilson and gerrard. Wilson had agreed to sell Alf in January and bringing vydra in. SG went ballistic, allegedly we were to get 17 million with add ons and sell on clause. Wilson now saying value has dived, Also wanted to sell barisic and kamara. The manager was talked out of going on Sunday by the board.

Archived