The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

They'd get more clicks if they balanced the stories through out the 42 clubs There's too many negative click bait faux stories out there about Rangers. The club are giving opportunities for positive stories but I can see them censoring journo's in the future by banning those who continue to give them bad press.

Personally I'd like to read about the random acts of kindness from the football community whilst the country is battling the coronavirus pandemic, stories like that give people hope in dire times.

Won’t happen. Doesn’t sell papers. Bad stories about Rangers is what sells. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Faroes, mate.

Can't believe that you have as much as 115 cases with it being so small but I guess a lot of people leave the country often for work etc then come back? 

If your lock down works, you could be one of the most successful countries per % of population. 

What is the health care like there? I guess theres only 1 big hospital? 

I'm genuinely interested mate.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

They'd get more clicks if they balanced the stories through out the 42 clubs There's too many negative click bait faux stories out there about Rangers. The club are giving opportunities for positive stories but I can see them censoring journo's in the future by banning those who continue to give them bad press.

Personally I'd like to read about the random acts of kindness from the football community whilst the country is battling the coronavirus pandemic, stories like that give people hope in dire times.

No. Two clubs drive almost all the traffic in Scotland.

If I do a story on Rangers that does 5k views, then its a decent return.

If I do a story on almost any of the non-Old Firm clubs and get 5k, its a big success.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Perfect idea. There are many stories to be told that that can intertwine with football. Too bad most journalists can't think outside the box for themselves.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Perfect idea. There are many stories to be told that that can intertwine with football. Too bad most journalists can't think outside the box for themselves.

There are so many stories across Scottish football and there are some sites that cover them really well. I can say first hand that the difference in traffic (and revenue) is massive.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We can't, it doesn't fit in on a Rangers news site and would be immediately pulled the minute it got pitched.

I totally agree there should be a public inquiry and I hope it has a very narrow scope to only include direct links to  football and football clubs to avoid it being watered down. I don't want it all bundled into one big general child abuse inquiry because there have been very clear problems in football and at particular clubs like celtic, Hibs and Crewe.

The fact that people who were there when things were proven to have happened and are still at the clubs is wrong.  If could still be happening right now. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

The fact that people who were there when things were proven to have happened and are still at the clubs is wrong.  If could still be happening right now. 

I disagree with that, if they've done nothing wrong, there's no reason they shouldn't be there. That would be a little bit like us having to get rid of everyone at the club when Whyte or Green were shafting us. If he was involved then he should be hunted and jailed but simply being at the club at the same time is a stretch.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Exactly!! Change the narrative.  Turn if on to them. You have a platform, USE IT!!

I'd rather use that platform to highlight positive stuff where I can. It might not get as many clicks but I can make up for it with certain other types of content (Academy & matchday stuff).

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I disagree with that, if they've done nothing wrong, there's no reason they shouldn't be there. That would be a little bit like us having to get rid of everyone at the club when Whyte or Green were shafting us. If he was involved then he should be hunted and jailed but simply being at the club at the same time is a stretch.

We will never know if no one asks the question 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. Two clubs drive almost all the traffic in Scotland.

If I do a story on Rangers that does 5k views, then its a decent return.

If I do a story on almost any of the non-Old Firm clubs and get 5k, its a big success.

People aren't getting the opportunity to read about the small clubs, if they did then maybe clicks would go up. I think a lot of journo's will be fighting for survival whilst this pandemic is shutting down the nation.

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Can't believe that you have as much as 115 cases with it being so small but I guess a lot of people leave the country often for work etc then come back? 

If your lock down works, you could be one of the most successful countries per % of population. 

What is the health care like there? I guess theres only 1 big hospital? 

I'm genuinely interested mate.

Almost all of the cases are extremely mild. A scientist up here started working with this as soon as news came out of China. He dealt with an outbreak of ILA (salmon) and he wondered if he could re-rig all the equipment to look for Covid-19 as sending samples down to Denmark would be slow and costly. Turns out it works and we test the most people (pr capita) in the World. It helps. 115 is quite a high number, but we flew back all Faroese nationals as late as last tuesday.. Everyone who flew back went into quarantine. We seem to have controlled the outbreak.

Healtcare is very good and we have three hospitals. 1 main one and a couple of smaller ones north/south.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

People aren't getting the opportunity to read about the small clubs, if they did then maybe clicks would go up. I think a lot of journo's will be fighting for survival whilst this pandemic is shutting down the nation.

They are, here's an entire website dedicated to them: https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I can't see any stories on the 3rd div clubs who helped Rangers in their time of need. They're the sort of stories I want to read about.

Because there's no audience for them. You can't run a business for an audience of 10.

40 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You would think insurance would be protected by "an act of God" ???

If an insurance company tried to play the "act of God" card with me and I was ruined, I recon I would go on a perfectly justified shooting rampage of their head office, then use the defense of "God told me to do it" in court.

41 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Almost all of the cases are extremely mild. A scientist up here started working with this as soon as news came out of China. He dealt with an outbreak of ILA (salmon) and he wondered if he could re-rig all the equipment to look for Covid-19 as sending samples down to Denmark would be slow and costly. Turns out it works and we test the most people (pr capita) in the World. It helps. 115 is quite a high number, but we flew back all Faroese nationals as late as last tuesday.. Everyone who flew back went into quarantine. We seem to have controlled the outbreak.

Healtcare is very good and we have three hospitals. 1 main one and a couple of smaller ones north/south.

All the best for your country.  Seems like youd doctor brought if back though, similar to Canada but obviously not a clown like that one.  Should close your borders apart from import docks with supplies you all need. 

Here's a wee pipe dream scenario....say this rumbles on and they insist in finishing the season in order to appease the vermin....in the coming months the sheep & hearts go to the wall due to running out of cash....surely all matches against these clubs would be null & void making us 9pts better off....we would then test their resolve in finishing the season :whistle:

I now doubt we'll see competitive football again this year.

I suspect many clubs will go to the wall.

As from today, life as we know it, far less football, changes forever. Many will lose loved ones.

The scum and their claims are now as meaningless as they are repugnant.

Fuck them.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I now doubt we'll see competitive football again this year.

I suspect many clubs will go to the wall.

As from today, life as we know it, far less football, changes forever. Many will lose loved ones.

The scum and their claims are now as meaningless as they are repugnant.

Fuck them.

Harsh reality has kicked in for me over the last week as well.

Had to say to my mum and dad last night that I won't be able to go and see them for what looks like the next three months, but I'd rather that and know they are still here than take the risk and be selfish. 

People are dying, workplaces are dying and they want to lay claim to a football title.

Rancid club from top to bottom. Shameless.

Archived