The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im not 100% sure I hate it to be honest.

Its a bit more complex than the current split, but makes things a bit more interesting.

If they declared there was no Champions this year, and that this would be in place the following season, I could just about live with it.

It solves the issue with Hearts/Partick relegations. Has the chance to finally introduce the Colt teams.

Solves a few of the issues.

A trophy for finishing 9th, fuck off thats a shambles

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The bit highlighted is incredible, we are a few days into a 'minimum' of three weeks shut down and some stupid bastards think football could start up again in three weeks.  :duh:

The more I read these last few days, more I realise there is an incredible amount of absolute nutters living in this country.  :happy:

Football cannot and will not start back up before, as a minimum, social distancing isnt a necessity. Anyone saying or thinking it will is on the wind up or stupid. 👍

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

One of my group chats.

Cheers mate, I have had a very quick look and IF it has nothing to do with giving titles to teams you should not be given them, then it might not be too bad an idea.

It seems at first glance it would sort out the bad part of our split where some teams do not play the same number of games.

I want to add again I have only had a quick look, so may well have missed some major flaw in it.   

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Football cannot and will not start back up before, as a minimum, social distancing isnt a necessity. Anyone saying or thinking it will is on the wind up or stupid. 👍

Just nuts mate, what world are these people living in ? 

How many points do the top  2 teams have from the championship when they join the bottom 6 of top league,?

Do they zero everyone's points? Is that fair to the 9th placed team? Do they carry on points from their old league? Cant see how this would work fairly!

Why do they keep wanting to split leagues anyway? I know self interest  to play the old firm 4 times but the whole split thing is flawed imo.

Solution could be 10 teams x 4 games (36) or 20 x 2 (38). 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That system is just another way of potentially awarding them the title

That would be my concern, but IF that was taken away it is a chance to improve the set up we have.

Unfortunately it seems to have something about a 9th place winning a trophy which is very silly. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Unless the government completely u-turns and gets a handle on the virus, this partial lockdown will continue, so teams wont even be allowed in the changing room together etc

Our borders need to completely shut (for non essential travel) for a lot longer than this 3 weeks to make the isolation we're in just now even matter. Just look at china, got it under control then folk brought if back home to China as soon as they opened their borders. 

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Remember though it’ll all be over with in a few weeks. 😉

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Remember though it’ll all be over with in a few weeks. 😉

2 weeks ago folk thought leagues wouldn't be cancelled. Now we're subject of a  3 week lock down which will either be extended, or will see stricter enforcements ie curfews/ removal of exercise option, or both.

But as you say just a few weeks to go for some before normality has been resumed. 🙄

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 weeks ago folk thought leagues wouldn't be cancelled. Now we're subject of a  3 week lock down which will either be extended, or will see stricter enforcements ie curfews/ removal of exercise option, or both.

But as you say just a few weeks to go for some before normality has been resumed. 🙄

This news from down south is interesting. Voided season, all results wiped. Perhaps we are now seeing people finally open their eyes to fact this season is done and prob be lucky to see any football before September. 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This news from down south is interesting. Voided season, all results wiped. Perhaps we are now seeing people finally open their eyes to fact this season is done and prob be lucky to see any football before September. 

I think most know the season is over however it ends up being resolved. The only ones not on the same page are those underestimating the severity of the crisis.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think most know the season is over however it ends up being resolved. The only ones not on the same page are those underestimating the severity of the crisis.

Too true mate.

I think people are starting to see the bigger picture and how impactful it’s going to be on all of us.

Football becomes irrelevant in the grand scale.

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the FA are giving the go ahead to null and void certain leagues then surely you have to do it across the board.

You can’t give out different treatment to different clubs under the same ladder. 

Void the lot and get it over with. 

UEFA will want to Null and Void it 100% 

The bookies will want it Null and Voided 100% 

Spfl ......... these bheastly loving scumbags will be falling over themselves for their desired outcome 

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the FA are giving the go ahead to null and void certain leagues then surely you have to do it across the board.

You can’t give out different treatment to different clubs under the same ladder. 

Void the lot and get it over with. 

They can differentiate and must. There was a league last week who awarded a club champions status after all clubs voted and agreed to do so. If we're saying it's a one size fits all then are we saying that could be the right way to deal with all leagues?

The thing I agree with the Dude about is that all league have different rules, so for me the only common approach should be to follow the rules where they exist for each league.

Imo for our league theres enough clarity that 38 games need to be played before a league is completed. For me if no 38 games then nul and void is the only solution. I get others dont interpret rules the same way, but imo whilst they're open to interpretation the rules are there.

One size doesnt fit all. Rules where the exist and cover this area need to be adhered to.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They can differentiate and must. There was a league last week who awarded a club champions status after all clubs voted and agreed to do so. If we're saying it's a one size fits all then are we saying that could be the right way to deal with all leagues?

The thing I agree with the Dude about is that all league have different rules, so for me the only common approach should be to follow the rules where they exist for each league.

Imo for our league theres enough clarity that 38 games need to be played before a league is completed. For me if no 38 games then nul and void is the only solution. I get others dont interpret rules the same way, but imo whilst they're open to interpretation the rules are there.

One size doesnt fit all. Rules where the exist and cover this area need to be adhered to.

Was talking about the FA on this occasion mate. They have voided some but not all in their system. That’s mental. 

Archived