The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

So they are gonna have 1.25 seasons squeezed into 1. Then Euro 21 and WQ2022. This is a shambles.

Theyd be better null and voiding, starting next years euros based on last years coefficients. Only shit thing is our euro run means we don’t get 2 CL in a couple years. 

IF this was being done in the best interests of Sottish football and not one club, they would certainly go for null and void.

Imagine trying to fit in the S Cup at the start of next season, it is bloody nuts, but some of them want to give them the title AND the chance to win the cup. It is incredible and makes a complete joke of the game up here. 

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

IF this was being done in the best interests of Sottish football and not one club, they would certainly go for null and void.

Imagine trying to fit in the S Cup at the start of next season, it is bloody nuts, but some of them want to give them the title AND the chance to win the cup. It is incredible and makes a complete joke of the game up here. 

Next season

A quarter of this season

The Scottish Cup from this season.

Possibly the rest of the European game/games from this season.

A full new league season.

The league cup.

The Scottish Cup.

Playoffs for the Euros 

World Cup Qualifiers

European Club qualifiers.

Group stage of European Leagues (Champions and Europa).

And then in the summer the European Championships.

Football is totally fucked because the people running it should be cleaning toilets 👍

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Where was the talk of league reconstruction before the pandemic?

League reconstruction is defined as - give them the title without relegating hearts.

How do they please TV  rights with reconstruction?

By having four Old Firm games.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s more proof of The Dude not being a Tarrier then the people calling him one...

Ach, its not as if my real name and where I'm from is out there and would be really easy to prove. 😂

Just now, bluenoz said:

In a 14 team league?

Tbh, you don't have to be the voice to everyone's queries all the time.

I was hoping to hear from other posters opinions.

In ANY league. TV deal is predicated on 4 OF games a season.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Where was the talk of league reconstruction before the pandemic?

League reconstruction is defined as - give them the title without relegating hearts.

How do they please TV  rights with reconstruction?

League reconstruction is a total farce. It will never get voted in.  Everyone in scotland knows it. 

Surely to fuck other clubs will realise that if it's playing a part in their vote on these current proposals. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

In a 14 team league?

Tbh, you don't have to be the voice to everyone's queries all the time.

I was hoping to hear from other posters opinions.

Most clubs and Sky won’t want reconstruction.

The clubs want 4 games each v us and them.

Sky want at least 4 Old Firms a season. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

By having four Old Firm games.

14 teams. No relegation.   2 teams promoted from championship,  top 6 play each other after split gives a total of 36 games,  bottom 8 will play more games in this system,  total 40 games.  But that games them extra income and the top 6 have 2 less fixtures than at present, helps clubs involved in Europe,  it is something I have propounded for years.

In ANY league. TV deal is predicated on 4 OF games a season.

See that's what I mean, you never answer what is asked. 

Reconstruction (no relegation + promotion) would mean 14 teams. x 4 = 56 games. That doesn't work.

So I will ask again, how does reconstruction work within the tv rights? (4 old firm games)

Just now, glasgow argyle said:

14 teams. No relegation.   2 teams promoted from championship,  top 6 play each other after split gives a total of 36 games,  bottom 8 will play more games in this system,  total 40 games.  But that games them extra income and the top 6 have 2 less fixtures than at present, helps clubs involved in Europe,  it is something I have propounded for years.

Sure that's similar to what Gordon Smith has proposed in the past. Although, there's a question of sporting integrity when teams in the same division have an imbalance of games. Some playing 36, some playing 40.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

See that's what I mean, you never answer what is asked. 

Reconstruction (no relegation + promotion) would mean 14 teams. x 4 = 56 games. That doesn't work.

So I will ask again, how does reconstruction work within the tv rights? (4 old firm games)

Do we currently play 44 games in a season? 11x4 =44?

Could be done a couple ways with 14 teams.

play each other home and away (26 games) split into two group of seven and play home and away (12) = 38 games.

Play home and away (26 games) split into top six and bottom eight and play home and away = 36 games top six, 40 games bottom eight.

Both of those have been proposed in the past iirc.

Sure that's similar to what Gordon Smith has proposed in the past. Although, there's a question of sporting integrity when teams in the same division have an imbalance of games. Some playing 36, some playing 40.

Teams know before the season begins,  they can be in top 6 or bottom 8, of course under the present set up of 12 teams,  a team in the bottom 6 can finish the season with more points than a team in the top 6. The current split is farcical when you can have a team going away to the same ground 3 times a season and only once at home, sometimes 20 home games and 18 away or vice versa.  

4 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

That's honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard! You should present it to the SPFL, it's exactly the type of "innovative" out there pish they would lap up!

Just now, glasgow argyle said:

Teams know before the season begins,  they can be in top 6 or bottom 8, of course under the present set up of 12 teams,  a team in the bottom 6 can finish the season with more points than a team in the top 6. The current split is farcical when you can have a team going away to the same ground 3 times a season and only once at home, sometimes 20 home games and 18 away or vice versa.  

Totally agree and think the current split is far from ideal - but were at the behest of TV and if they want a system to guarantee 4 OF games, that's what they'll get.

19 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Next season

A quarter of this season

The Scottish Cup from this season.

Possibly the rest of the European game/games from this season.

A full new league season.

The league cup.

The Scottish Cup.

Playoffs for the Euros 

World Cup Qualifiers

European Club qualifiers.

Group stage of European Leagues (Champions and Europa).

And then in the summer the European Championships.

Football is totally fucked because the people running it should be cleaning toilets 👍

You would think the people running our game could have a look at that list and see exactly WHY this season need to be made null and void.  

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

play each other home and away (26 games) split into two group of seven and play home and away (12) = 38 games.

Play home and away (26 games) split into top six and bottom eight and play home and away = 36 games top six, 40 games bottom eight.

Desperate measures and rule changes to accommodate and justify one team winning the league. 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

That's honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard! You should present it to the SPFL, it's exactly the type of "innovative" out there pish they would lap up!

I have advocated this for years mate so hardly innovative on my part and nothing whatever to do with the current pandemic,  I am entitled to my opinion, and you are entitled to yours, I don't have to agree with you, and likewise you don't have to agree with me

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Splitting into 2 groups of 7 doesn't work in my humble opinion,  simply due to after split you have 3 teams v 3 teams and one team sitting idle, imagine we are away to Aberdeen and septic are idle on the same day and our next fixture is the last old firm game.

Archived