The league must be voided

12 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You’ve the wrong meaning of this, 38 games must be played not inclusive of abandoned or postponed matches. 

This is my interpretation of it aswell.

A match that has been abandoned or postponed doesn't count as one of the 38 games stipulated and required to fulfill a complete league season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HalifaxBear said:

Fuck me...   know for a fact I'll get slated..  but get a fucking grip..  I'm a light blue.  Through and through.  But come on, as dirty as those filthy bastards are,  they didn't start Corona 19..  they've won the league.  We weren't going to catch them. Everyone on here has said it!  How pathetic to try and get it voided..

And before you kick me in the bollocks, turn the tables and what would you be saying if we were ahead and they were us? 

Let the hanging begin

Wtf is a light blue?

Hello Hello how do you do

We are the boys in Royal Blue

Where er we go 

We fear no foe

Weel keep the blue flag flying high.

Halifax Beast more like, and my local team Ebbsfleet fucked them today.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Participate in - disregarding(ignoring) abandoned or postponed matches - 38 matches.

i don’t think it’s me that has this wrong 

The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, ignoring any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

change disregarding to ignoring makes it easier to understand. 

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

C14 - 38 matches to be played disregarding abandoned/postponed matches.

What is your interpretation of the above?

My personal view is you need to play 38 league games.

An abandoned or postponed match needs to be played again, meaning it counts as one match, not two matches. 

Example.

If you play 10 games and 5 are abandoned and you replay the 5 abandoned games then you have played 10 games. Not the 15 in total that kicked off.

I know it’s simplistic but that’s how it needs to sound. 

Am I right? 👍

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

My personal view is you need to play 38 league games.

An abandoned or postponed match needs to be played again, meaning it counts as one match, not two matches. 

Example.

If you play 10 games and 5 are abandoned and you reply the 5 abandoned games then you have played 10 games. Not the 15 in total that kicked off.

I know it’s simplistic but that’s how it needs to sound. 

Am I right? 👍

A match that has been abandoned or postponed doesn't count as one of the 38 games stipulated and required to fulfill a complete league season.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

A match that has been abandoned or postponed doesn't count as one of the 38 games stipulated and required to fulfill a complete league season.

It can’t mean anything else unless of course your an inbred, paedo sympathetic, wanker.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

38 games are to be played in a season disregarding postponed or abandoned games. So if a failed attempt is made to play a game, that's to be disregarded and 38 games must be played.

If the definition of season can mean less than 38 games (say now with 30)  how does this fit with C14.

Clubs shall play 38 games in a season, a season being 30 games. Does that make sense or does the start and end contradict itself and become illogical.

The definition refers to dates of first and last games. The 1st is the date of match 1, the last is the date of match 38. The dates can change at the discretion of the Board.

The champions are the top team at the end of the season. Clubs shall play 38 games in a season.

The ‘disregarding abandoned matches’  line is a loophole legislating a team(s) playing less than 38 matches. Which would be the case.

11 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, ignoring any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.

change disregarding to ignoring makes it easier to understand. 

Clearly not

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

Clearly not

Fitba teams  allowed to play in the Premiership must play in 38 League matches in any one Season ignoring any abandoned or postponed matches

Hopefully this helps you understand but I suspect not.

9 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Wtf is a light blue?

Where er we go 

We fear no foe

Royal Blue

Spectra-Plain-Royal-Blue-Texture.jpg

Rangers in royal blue.

5dd2b2f6eb2569832ae1ae8e64ba1b31.jpg

Kinda looks wrong doesn't it, most of our shirts are more of a standard blue, in the sixties even lighter. 

17 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Wtf is a light blue?

Where er we go 

We fear no foe

Halifax Beast more like, and my local team Ebbsfleet fucked them today.

Well fuck off to ebbsfleet.. can't even be arsed fucking you off more. 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Fitba teams  allowed to play in the Premiership must play in 38 League matches in any one Season ignoring any abandoned or postponed matches

Hopefully this helps you understand but I suspect not.

38 games. Disregard the abandoned ones. 

Hope this helps

11 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The ‘disregarding abandoned matches’  line is a loophole legislating a team(s) playing less than 38 matches. Which would be the case.

Disregarding means 'pay no attention to' and 'leave out of consideration'. 

The 'disregarding abandoned matches' clearly boils down as the 'abandoned matches' having no consequence of any sort whatsoever. 

There may be other wording elsewhere that might be considered as a loophole clause but the one you refer to is null and void. 

12 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

It isnt.

Disregard means ignore or dont include. So disregarding the postponed games club shall play 38 games simply doesn't legislate for playing less than 38 games.

12 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Clearly not

You're defining disregarding as including which is wrong rather than ignoring which is correct.

If I play 38 games and had 2 postponed / abandoned games then i can disregard them and play 38 games.

If i have played 30 games how can I disregard 8 postponed games but have played 38 matches?

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

38 games. Disregard the abandoned ones. 

Hope this helps

shall 

when drafting a legal document, the term shall is used to say that something mustbe done, as opposed to the term may which simply means that something is allowed (ie that it can be done, but does not have to be done)

The shall is also an important factor in this but I guess you’ll still have to figure out the true meaning of disregard in its context that it’s been used. The commas also give you a clue.

Archived