The league must be voided

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because If I'm writing stuff that isn't simply reporting quotes from someone or a match report etc, I'm not putting my name to something I don't personally agree with/believe. Any question of fairness would be purely objective and would make it an opinion piece without an authoratitive expert to define why it's unfair. It should be presented as an opinion piece and my employers are very strict in ensuring we don't try to blur the line between opinion and reporting. If its an opinion piece, there's certain language we have to use to make clear its an opinion. And any article about fairness would absolutely come under an opinion.

I don't disagree that they could use the rules to go down a different path. That's entirely possible and within their rights. I've heard nothing from anybody which suggests that is the case.

It absolutely may be the wrong approach but of all the ones that have been put forward, it's the best one available. Some that have been put forward are simply non-starters. No matter how much folk shout. The SPFL have no intention of looking at them (void/restructuring leagues).

Rather than pissing and whining about hypotheticals which have as much chance of happening as me being the next pontiff, I'm waiting to see what the next steps are from the SPFL. The only thing that will change it currently is UEFA or a legal challenge.

Lots of reasons restructuring wont happen. No appetite from clubs, TV contract predicated on 4 OF games have been for years and no viable alternative that hasn't already been rejected several times (16 team league).

Writing that the TV deal depends on Old Firm will quickly get filed alongside any recent reports of Elvis' death or Neil Armstong walking on the moon.

The TV Deal required 4 old firm games prior to us entering the SFL3, so obviously this is an obstacle which the clubs in the top division flip flop on when it suits their moral crusade. Im not buying that as an insurmountable obstacle in the quest for sporting integrity.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

For a very, very important reason. Someone should not be punished for something that they did not merit.

You are on a jury, you think someone was possibly innocent of a crime, you declare them not guilty. You are on a jury and think someone was possibly guilty of a crime, you declare them not guilty.

It is better to wrongly reward than wrongly punish.

We're not convicting someone to a level of reasonable doubt here. These hypotheticals are absolutely pointless and have absolutely no relevance to football, let alone this.

It is still unfair to wrongly reward. You can't have it both ways. Either all the results stand or none of them, can't just have one team's results stand because its not fair on them and then wipe anothers and claim that is in anyway fair.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because If I'm writing stuff that isn't simply reporting quotes from someone or a match report etc, I'm not putting my name to something I don't personally agree with/believe. Any question of fairness would be purely objective and would make it an opinion piece without an authoratitive expert to define why it's unfair. It should be presented as an opinion piece and my employers are very strict in ensuring we don't try to blur the line between opinion and reporting. If its an opinion piece, there's certain language we have to use to make clear its an opinion. And any article about fairness would absolutely come under an opinion.

I don't disagree that they could use the rules to go down a different path. That's entirely possible and within their rights. I've heard nothing from anybody which suggests that is the case.

It absolutely may be the wrong approach but of all the ones that have been put forward, it's the best one available. Some that have been put forward are simply non-starters. No matter how much folk shout. The SPFL have no intention of looking at them (void/restructuring leagues).

Rather than pissing and whining about hypotheticals which have as much chance of happening as me being the next pontiff, I'm waiting to see what the next steps are from the SPFL. The only thing that will change it currently is UEFA or a legal challenge.

Lots of reasons restructuring wont happen. No appetite from clubs, TV contract predicated on 4 OF games have been for years and no viable alternative that hasn't already been rejected several times (16 team league).

Writing that the TV deal depends on Old Firm will quickly get filed alongside any recent reports of Elvis' death or Neil Armstong walking on the moon.

Opinion pieces carry weight. They always have, like Rangers being financial doping.  

That stuck, was even reported in England like that even though it was bullshit. 

That's why papers have opinion pieces. I thought you were a journalist? You should know this..

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The TV Deal required 4 old firm games prior to us entering the SFL3, so obviously this is an obstacle which the clubs in the top division flip flop on when it suits their moral crusade. Im not buying that as an insurmountable obstacle in the quest for sporting integrity.

Ah yes, the decision that saw their TV deal ripped and and renegotiated at a fraction of the original value as it lacked four Old Firms?

Not insurmountable, but enough of a problem that it isn't one they want to deal with.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We're not convicting someone to a level of reasonable doubt here. These hypotheticals are absolutely pointless and have absolutely no relevance to football, let alone this.

It is still unfair to wrongly reward. You can't have it both ways. Either all the results stand or none of them, can't just have one team's results stand because its not fair on them and then wipe anothers and claim that is in anyway fair.

That's why it has to be nullified ffs.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Opinion pieces carry weight. They always have, like Rangers being financial doping.  

That stuck, was even reported in England like that even though it was bullshit. 

That's why papers have opinion pieces. I thought you were a journalist? You should know this..

I know exactly why papers have opinion pieces and write them myself reguarly.

I said I wouldn't write an opinion piece that isn't an opinion I hold.

2 hours ago, weejoseph said:

Total whatabouttery. It isn’t us so it’s a moot point, Nothing stopping you from taking that stand. You are a crank and have been shown up as that for the last half hour. 

Half hour? This guy has been at it for years now. 90% of the time he's on here to aggravate posters, on nearly every subject he goes against the grain when it comes to what the majority of Rangers fans think. He's a fucking sanctimonious prick who's true colours are starting to show. 

4 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

From the BBC:

A mini-tournament to decide the Champions League and Europa League will be one option put forward to ease fixture congestion caused by the coronavirus outbreak.

European football's governing body, Uefa, is hosting a video conference with major stakeholders on Tuesday.

Euro 2020 is set to be postponed to allow league seasons to be completed.

A source close to the situation says all parties must be ready to sacrifice something to reach a solution.

All 55 Uefa members, the boards of the European Club Association and the European Leagues, and a representative of world players' union Fifpro have been invited to Tuesday's meeting.

The Uefa members will also hold an additional meeting to discuss their own reaction.

All Uefa competitions, including Champions League and Europa League, postponed

How coronavirus has impacted sporting events around the world

Italian FA calls for Euros postponement

How would a mini-tournament work?

As with the Premier League, who on Friday stressed their commitment to completing the season, Uefa wants the Champions League and Europa League to reach a conclusion because they also have major broadcasting contracts to satisfy.

Both tournaments are at their last-16 stage, with six matchdays remaining, including the final. There are still 14 last-16 ties across the two competitions to be completed.

Playing the quarter-finals and semi-finals as one-off games would cut two fixtures off the remaining schedule.

Playing them over a handful of days as a mini-tournament - in Istanbul and Gdansk, host cities for this season's finals - would concentrate the matches even further, cutting down on travelling and cause the least disruption to the domestic leagues.

It has not been ruled out these games could be played in conjunction with league matches - nor does the Champions League final have to mark the end of the club campaign as tradition dictates.

Moving Euro 2020, due to take place at venues across Europe from 12 June to 12 July, to next summer would also free up more time to complete domestic and European fixtures.

However, that would then impact on next year's calendar.

Both the Women's European Championship, hosted by England, and the men's European Under-21 Championship, in Hungary and Slovenia, are scheduled for the summer of 2021. The Nations League, the draw for which was held earlier in March, is due to be completed next spring.

In addition, the first edition of the expanded Fifa Club World Cup is set to be held in China in June.

While the big domestic leagues have problems over television contracts to solve if games do not take place, most countries rely on the payments from Uefa that come out of major international tournaments to allow their own leagues to function properly. These would be at risk from any movement of the European Championship and are likely to form part of any agreement.

Uefa has an estimated 400 staff working on the Euros. It is unknown what will happen to them if the tournament does not take place for another 12 months.

The situation is not made any easier by not knowing when football will be able to resume.

Uefa accepts it is impossible to know when current travel restrictions will be lifted, but it cannot wait until they are to draft a plan.

The latest coronavirus news

I think UEFA are being extremely ignorant here and not looking at the world around them. There whole focus is on resuming play asap when countries like Germany, Italy and Spain are currently in lockdown where people are dying. They need to make decisions on a basis that football will not resume for a long time. Such a sad world we live in.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's why it has to be nullified ffs.

Its not going to be nullified unless by UEFA or a court. I can't emphasise this enough. The SPFL won't be taking the decision to nullify it. Agree or disagree, its up to you but as it stands, the SPFL won't be nullifying the league.

Just now, Nelson loyal said:

Half hour? This guy has been at it for years now. 90% of the time he's on here to aggravate posters, on nearly every subject he goes against the grain when it comes to what the majority of Rangers fans think. He's a fucking sanctimonious prick who's true colours are starting to show. 

I keep seeing it but nobody can ever back it up.

I know exactly why papers have opinion pieces and write them myself reguarly.

I said I wouldn't write an opinion piece that isn't an opinion I hold.

You just said it's unfair to wrongly reward. So why cant you write about that? 

Those were your own words 5 minutes ago.

Its not going to be nullified unless by UEFA or a court. I can't emphasise this enough. The SPFL won't be taking the decision to nullify it. Agree or disagree, its up to you but as it stands, the SPFL won't be nullifying the league.

I agree. That's why I have been saying that this will end up in the CAS.

Of course hypotheticals are important. Hypotheticals are the basis for determining of rules.

The rules that we are saying are to be followed state that a team who are second place in a title race on goal difference, but have 3 games in hand are going to be denied a title.

Dress it up however you like, but that is what the SPFL are saying. They are telling us this is what the rules state. If they try to state that this would not happen and their discretion would kick in, then it makes a mockery of the rules.

If things are being driven purely on a financial front, and the administrative nightmare of saving as many clubs from ruin as possible, then they can still make things fairer. Do exactly what they are planning to do now, but down crown champions. Yes celtic finish in first place and get all the benefits, but they are not crowned official champions. Just void the champion rule under the discretion the board have. 

In your opinion of course? 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What have you repeatedly said should happen?

I have backed you up on here, but unless you are meaning that you fully agree with the course of action from the SPFL then I genuinely have missed your personal stance.

For the last couple of days, it has not come across as you just purely saying what you think will happen, it has sounded very much like you are in favour of the approach that they are taking. This is not me having a go at you, but if you disagree with me, it is the reason you are  coming across such hostility on here. I would consider your writing style as it may not be conveying your actual meaning particularly well.

:tu:

His meaning is coming across loud and clear MM ....... he's a shit stirring tarrier sympathiser ...... and he knows exactly what he is doing ..... all his "faux concern" for other clubs is bullshit .... he is using this seriously unfortunate situation to feather his own nest ....  nothing else ..... he knows no other route to take and has even less qualifications than the Hag to claim to do so ..... he hasn't got the brains to submit an original personal counter claim on our behalf .... so continues to follow and promote the tarrier narrative being spread about by the media cattle drive up here.

Not one Rangers supporter is under the illusion that any of the ex players and media individuals who support the scum from across the city and who are sanctimoniously advocating to void the league are serious .... as serious as a fictitious preplanned tour of Japan perhaps .....aye that'll do ..... they all want the scum to get this NIAR .... tainted or otherwise it's what they all want ..... and hope it will be valid just because their unhealthy interpretation of the rules will bear this out .... if it does .... I call it cheating on an industrial scale ..... a well worn term ... but appropriate all the same when dealing with the scum.

You are being too kind to him by far ..... you and others have given him many avenues to try and come to some form of consensus regarding the interpretation of the SPFL rules .... and the flaws within those rules .... regarding this unique pandemic situation ...... but he stubbornly sticks to the tarrier press story that has come from others opinions .... even this lawyer whose opinion he trusts implicitly is questionable.  

Unless she is on a skill par with Joe Beltrami and is an expert on the SPFL rule book as Beltrami was with the actual law ..... then I doubt even she would contest the very real threat that the rules could be underhandedly manipulated to benefit one club .... and one club only.

It will be a total farce if The Rangers don't legally contest any questionable decision made after Tuesday.

🇬🇧

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

His meaning is coming across loud and clear MM ....... he's a shit stirring tarrier sympathiser ...... and he knows exactly what he is doing ..... all his "faux concern" for other clubs is bullshit .... he is using this seriously unfortunate situation to feather his own nest ....  nothing else ..... he knows no other route to take and has even less qualifications than the Hag to claim to do so ..... he hasn't got the brains to submit an original personal counter claim on our behalf .... so continues to follow and promote the tarrier narrative being spread about by the media cattle drive up here.

Not one Rangers supporter is under the illusion that any of the ex players and media individuals who support the scum from across the city and who are sanctimoniously advocating to void the league are serious .... as serious as a fictitious preplanned tour of Japan perhaps .....aye that'll do ..... they all want the scum to get this NIAR .... tainted or otherwise it's what they all want ..... and hope it will be valid just because their unhealthy interpretation of the rules will bear this out .... if it does .... I call it cheating on an industrial scale ..... a well worn term ... but appropriate all the same when dealing with the scum.

You are being too kind to him by far ..... you and others have given him many avenues to try and come to some form of consensus regarding the interpretation of the SPFL rules .... and the flaws within those rules .... regarding this unique pandemic situation ...... but he stubbornly sticks to the tarrier press story that has come from others opinions .... even this lawyer whose opinion he trusts implicitly is questionable.  

Unless she is on a skill par with Joe Beltrami and is an expert on the SPFL rule book as Beltrami was with the actual law ..... then I doubt even she would contest the very real threat that the rules could be underhandedly manipulated to benefit one club .... and one club only.

It will be a total farce if The Rangers don't legally contest any questionable decision made after Tuesday.

🇬🇧

Well said. He doesn't think for himself. He is brainwashed into believing what he is told and we all know what narrative that is. Look at the situation after we beat them on the 29th. For four or five games afterwards we were refereed to incredible cheating. NIAR at all costs , no matter what, tainted or not. They don't care. The taigs must laugh at him for relaying their messages on here.

9 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

He has been on here from morning until the very last posts .What a very very sad cunt of  guy he is .I’m working and I look in .No chance of reading or replying to majority of posts .And I wouldn’t feel the need too anyway .

This fuckwit has the time to have his say on just about every post that has been put on this thread .It is absolutely ridiculous.

Actually does waste the enjoyment as he continually goes against the rank and file bear .Just to be sanctimonious or just annoy .

I’m calling him Churchill man now .He will know why  

Just now, eejay the dj said:

He has been on here from morning until the very last posts .What a very very sad cunt of  guy he is .I’m working and I look in .No chance of reading or replying to majority of posts .And I wouldn’t feel the need too anyway .

This fuckwit has the time to have his say on just about every post that has been put on this thread .It is absolutely ridiculous.

Actually does waste the enjoyment as he continually goes against the rank and file bear .Just to be sanctimonious or just annoy .

I’m calling him Churchill man now .He will know why  

Hes another taig bastard EJ who has been getting away with it on here for yonks. Should have been gone a long time ago..........

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yip. 

The entire thing here is being driven by money rather than sporting fairness, health & wellbeing etc. 

The need the season ended so that clubs can claim insurance money. 

You are being too kind with that one

There will be favouritism and corruption involved there also 

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

Aye mate the counsel for the ECHR is questionable as are several SPFL clubs but @KINGBILLY1690FGAU is a legitimate source of information. 😂 

Archived