The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any team were top and uncatchable then it’s their trophy.

But you have to have actually WON it to get it.

If you haven’t already WON it then you aren’t the winners.

Its not rocket science.

If the Europa League and Champions League are completely abandoned then it’s void.

No winners means no winners. 

Same for every competition that hasn’t been won. 

If the easiest way around it for some clubs is league reconstruction then so be it but that’s as far as it can go.

The SPFL say they are concerned that if they declare Null and Void the sponsors and broadcasters will demand refunds, I can’t see the difference between calling the season finished and calling it null and void, the broadcasters and sponsors still don’t get what they’ve paid for, can anyone explain ?

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If any team were top and uncatchable then it’s their trophy.

But you have to have actually WON it to get it.

If you haven’t already WON it then you aren’t the winners.

Its not rocket science.

If the Europa League and Champions League are completely abandoned then it’s void.

No winners means no winners. 

Same for every competition that hasn’t been won. 

If the easiest way around it for some clubs is league reconstruction then so be it but that’s as far as it can go.

And that will be UEFA stance 

42 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yip. 

The entire thing here is being driven by money rather than sporting fairness, health & wellbeing etc. 

The need the season ended so that clubs can claim insurance money. 

Can they claim insurance if it’s not a Government Directive?

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

But that isn’t treating people the same. Forget about the team involved but Dundee Utd are about 20 points clear in the Premiership. They’ll already be planning for life in the Premierships including budgets, player/contract negotiations etc. 

They aren’t be treated fairly in that scenario just like Hearts aren’t if they are relegated after 30 games. Or Thistle if they’re relegated despite being 2 points behind with a game in hand. 

There are no ‘fair’ solutions which is why UEFA need to take ownership and dictate what happens across the board 

I got onto that further down mate 😂👍

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The SPFL say they are concerned that if they declare Null and Void the sponsors and broadcasters will demand refunds, I can’t see the difference between calling the season finished and calling it null and void, the broadcasters and sponsors still don’t get what they’ve paid for, can anyone explain ?

It seems they may have done a work around on that giving the tv more access when the leagues start back.

The celtic and Rangers TV clause set to change Scottish football

Under the current contract the Old Firm can only be shown at Parkhead and Ibrox four times a season, but that clause could be relaxed to allow Sky greater financial flexibility 

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/celtic-Rangers-tv-clause-set-21697078

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Spfl as everyone knows were set up as Spl and have been full of bheasts from inception.  It was  the mechanism they used to get the joint power they share with the Sfa now 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It is likely to be a bullshit excuse they have dreamed up to try and force through the route they want to follow.

Sponsors will have received the advertising they paid for for the games played. Voiding a season does not make people un-see advertising. Claiming a league is complete does not change the fact that sponsors have been denied multiple games that they would have been seen in.

If they were to be taken to court, they would have to show where they 'lost' due to the circumstances. Claiming a league void or claiming it finished would not change the level of exposure the sponsors had. 

13 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Peter Lawwell is the difference.

Neil Doncaster has Japanese Pete’s his hand up his shite pipe controling what he says.

Anything to hand over that tainted title.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was thinking maybe ,that’s why our club is quiet here 

They also know that UEFA May rule null and void 

If UEFA fudge it and leave it up to the individual bodies to determine league winners etc then we all know how that’s going to go. It would of done Rangers no harm to let them know the outcome of this happening prior to them being allowed to make this decision. A simple statement like Hearts did, would of done. 

12 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The explanation is simple. They will muster up any excuse they can to give those fenian bastards the title.

40 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Are we still training?

I think they will be if the UK are going to follow the USA in not allowing groups of more than 50 to congregate. Also the NBA have capped wages to ensure the clubs and players survive economically through this without income sources. Maybe Rangers should think about doing this. 

1 hour ago, weejoseph said:

It doesn’t just come down to rules James and fine you know that. It is as much a double edged sword as anything With regards to lawsuits as well as duties and if you can’t admit that due to your stubbornness and desperation to be right, In this case for some bizarre reason I will never understand whilst claiming to be a Rangers fan, then more fool you if you think i’d ever take your word as serious and I’d hope everyone on here is the same and sees right through it for what you really are.

I am well aware that this is the case with regards to your friends. It is strange though that they are quite willing to put their name on record as you put it earlier for supporting null and void whilst you aren’t. Sorry but I find that bizarre!? 

I've admitted that it could all be changed by lawsuits throughout the entire thread. I've made it abundantly clear that everything is subject to being challenged by clubs. In to your bizarre desperation to have a dig at me, you've managed to miss or ignore it. 

Why would I put my name to an opinion I don't agree with? Seems a bit stupid. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Our club should be shouting at the rooftops over this .On the grounds of sporting integrity .No laughing at the back 

Well we all know it’s what the bheasts would be doing .Yet if it were other way round .The rule book would be in the bin

And every bear knows that 

This by 100000000000000000000000000000000000% 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Are any other countries trying to declare club champions before tomorrow's UEFA meeting or only in our corrupt country? Anyone but @The Dude may answer me. 

Probably not because they have more on their mind than declaring champions 

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Spfl aren't going ahead with nothing

they are speaking to UEFA in a meeting tomorrow how the fuck do you know what's happening? 

UEFA could say anything tmora they could say what you are pedalling they could say something completely different

It's all guess work from you tbh

The SPFL's position is that this is how the league will end. That could change tomorrow. I've said that throughout the entire thread. I don't think it will but it could.

Archived