The league must be voided

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If play doesn't resume before next season (it won't) then celtic will be granted access to next year's Champions league without completing a season yet we are denied the possibility of Champions league football by not having the chance to win the Europa by not completing it. 

That's clear as muck to me.

We can just claim we won it, the tims would.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League. In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship. SOCCER What if the championships are canceled? The scenarios on the table Even so, the body that oversees European football believes that it will be possible to conclude all competitions, as it is counting on the postponement of the European Championship to 2021, so that the other competitions could be held on the dates reserved for the European Championship, which would begin on June 12. The postponement of Euro 2020 for one year is, therefore, one of the most important themes that will be on the table of the meeting, as well as the format for the conclusion of European competitions, in case football can return before July. Subscribe to the Diário de Notícias newsletters and receive the information first hand. SUBSCRIBE Meanwhile, Gabriele Gravina, president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), said this Monday to Rádio Uno in Italy that the competitions are unlikely to return on April 3 and assumed he had some chances to finish this season: "There is a possibility of we don’t award the title of champion or resort to play-offs and play-outs. If it’s not possible to complete the championship, we’ll make other decisions. It’s still possible for the championship to be played in two seasons. " The official said that football is now "sailing in sight", because at this moment of uncertainty regarding the pandemic, which has affected Italy a lot, "no one is able to say what the future will be".

Lifted and translated from

https://www.dn.pt/desportos/uefa-sugere-declarar-campeoes-os-primeiros-classificados-dos-campeonatos-11935361.html

If this is true and it seems to have a lot of info, then as I expected UEFA will hand the tarriers a league that they do not deserve.  

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can you mute or block someone on here?

Yes, you can click your username at the top and then select ignore users. Useful but not perfect as you can still see some of their posts when a person quotes them.

Just now, Bears r us said:

If this is true and it seems to have a lot of info, then as I expected UEFA will hand the tarriers a league that they do not deserve.  

They can not be handed anything, UK precedent is superior to any uefa ruling, one is a ruling one was set in wartime law, I can guarantee which one would be upheld in a British court.

7 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League. In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship. SOCCER What if the championships are canceled? The scenarios on the table Even so, the body that oversees European football believes that it will be possible to conclude all competitions, as it is counting on the postponement of the European Championship to 2021, so that the other competitions could be held on the dates reserved for the European Championship, which would begin on June 12. The postponement of Euro 2020 for one year is, therefore, one of the most important themes that will be on the table of the meeting, as well as the format for the conclusion of European competitions, in case football can return before July. Subscribe to the Diário de Notícias newsletters and receive the information first hand. SUBSCRIBE Meanwhile, Gabriele Gravina, president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), said this Monday to Rádio Uno in Italy that the competitions are unlikely to return on April 3 and assumed he had some chances to finish this season: "There is a possibility of we don’t award the title of champion or resort to play-offs and play-outs. If it’s not possible to complete the championship, we’ll make other decisions. It’s still possible for the championship to be played in two seasons. " The official said that football is now "sailing in sight", because at this moment of uncertainty regarding the pandemic, which has affected Italy a lot, "no one is able to say what the future will be".

Lifted and translated from

https://www.dn.pt/desportos/uefa-sugere-declarar-campeoes-os-primeiros-classificados-dos-campeonatos-11935361.html

So they take a civil war as a president as opposed to a World war, it’s as though history hadn’t happened.

I’m not bothered about them getting CL football, what I’m against is them being given a title they haven’t won fairly and squarely.

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It certainly looks like the taigs will be getting this title,  if uefa go down this route.

I honestly don't see other leagues in Europe just rolling over and simply accepting teams being declared champions. 

La Liga for example there is only 2 points between Real Madrid and Barcelona. I can't imagine Real would accept Barcelona being declared champions. 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Tbf it’s some small Spanish publication you find in the depths of google. Otherwise seems legit

1 minute ago, backup said:

They can not be handed anything, UK precedent is superior to any uefa ruling, one is a ruling one was set in wartime law, I can guarantee which one would be upheld in a British court.

While I do not disagree, I think if UEFA make a decision to award titles to teams in the position they are when playing stopped it is another boost for the SPFL/SFA awarding them the title because that is what they will want to do.

The only hope here IMO is that Hearts go to court if they try and relegate them, I hope I am wrong but I expect Rangers to do very little if anything, I do hope I am wrong.  

Club have just released a statement. 

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams. For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It certainly looks like the taigs will be getting this time if uefa go down this route.

I honestly don't see other leagues in Europe just rolling over and simply accepting teams being declared champions. 

La Liga for example there is only 2 points between Real Madrid and Barcelona. I can't imagine Real would accept Barcelona being declared champions. 

Well considering there’s not many actual champions play in the league it wouldn’t make much difference, the thing is the scum shouldn’t be declared champions of our league, winners at the time of suspension yes but no title for the record books, just a great big Asterisk.

18 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I am always suspicious of those who claim to be in the know about decisions yet to be made.

Be suspicious. I have no problem with that. I can only go on the info I have and where it has originated. There's few things Ive ever posted 'ITK' on here but all of them have happened despite folk's scepticism.

The decision, from the SPFL's perspective, has been made though and it appears that UEFA seem to be heading in the same direction going by reports.

4. What are the implications for championships, promotions and relegation?

The Joint Response Group is engaged in a contingency planning phase that will assess all possible options for the remaining season and beyond. It would be inappropriate and unhelpful to speculate on any future decisions to be taken by competition organisers. We will, however, commit to updating clubs, supporters and other key stakeholders when appropriate in this fast-moving landscape.

SFA statement, as per usual the fenian media are only fit for winding up their demographic, they know that they won’t have a leg to stand on if they gift their team the title.

Rangers are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.

I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams.  For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland. 

Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind. 

We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.

We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.

Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/Rangers-position-impact-of-coronavirus-on-scottish-football/

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Club have just released a statement. 

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams. For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland.

That is better than I expected. :thumbup:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/Rangers-position-impact-of-coronavirus-on-scottish-football/

Straight from the Rangers statement

Somebody want to tell the Dude, he’s not going to like that 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye mate the counsel for the ECHR is questionable as are several SPFL clubs but @KINGBILLY1690FGAU is a legitimate source of information. 😂 

Grow up .... FFS .......  naivety of the highest degree ... no one with an ounce of sanity would take the word of any snivelling SPFL clubs director ..... you fill your boots ..... and as far as the dummy user name goes .... I believe  stupidity is still not a crime ..... enjoy your bubble.

As any lawyer .... including any human rights lawyer .... will tell you ..... nothing is set in stone when the suspiciously underhanded manipulation of rules/laws are being used to avoid justice ..... and these methods are to be ruthlessly questioned to achieve fair and proper judgement of these dubious practices.

In the case of this thread it is apparent that the very real threat of manipulation of the rules  ..... to benefit one club who have won fuck all league wise .....  is plain to see for all right minded people ..... certainly of a Rangers persuasion that is.

You have continually shown in this thread ... as you do in all threads  you enter .... to be the only cunt who can't see the truth of the matter ......  ie .... until it is mathematically impossible points wise .... the tarrier tale you continue to promote is dead in the water and that means they have not won the league outright ..... so deserve nothing ..... but for any decision in their favour to be rigorously challenged.

The sick bastards are even prepared to take advantage of a seriously deadly Pandemic to virtually steal the title and all the monies that and entry into the CL entails ....  gratis...... tell that to your "has no interest in football neutral" human rights lawyer and ask her if that's humane ..... and while you are chatting  .... ask her what the fuck she knows about the SPFL rule book.

🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Rangers are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.

I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.

It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams.  For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland. 

Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind. 

We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.

We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.

Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson

:dance:

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Straight from the Rangers statement

Somebody want to tell the Dude, he’s not going to like that 😂😂😂

The bit above I have highlighted is what I wanted them to say, we need to keep repeating it again and again IMO. :thumbup: 

Archived