How many teams will go under?

banjobear

37 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

There’s been talk of a Dundee merger since the yanks took over United but the support of both teams won’t accept it, and no wonder even if it makes sense financially. 

These extraordinary circumstances though , some clubs will have to make drastic choices either merge , go under or become junior / lowland league type clubs. 

I'm just glad our club will be fine hopefully cause if this lock down lasts longer  , till October or beyond then the rest are fucked . Our league would be about the same level as Wales or Norn Iron. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Can’t see what’s hard to understand about that. Rangers v Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool or spurs etc is far more box office than any of the above playing Norwich or Southampton and they fucking absolutely know it. Even if we start in the bottom tier, what a fucking story that creates and it 100% would generate massive interest on a different level, even if it comes from people wanting us to fail the interest is unquestionable 

Its not going to make the TV contract more valuable or draw in huge amounts of new viewers. Old Firm games typically attract fewer viewers than the most mundane of PL games

The truth is that nobody has a clue who will be in what shape when this shit ends, and when is also a ???  I would think every single person, business, football club, council, country will all be in a bit of a mess.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its not going to make the TV contract more valuable or draw in huge amounts of new viewers. Old Firm games typically attract fewer viewers than the most mundane of PL games

Do you mean us v them, or us or them v dross? wouldn't Rangers v top 6 draw more than City v Burnley?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe so mate but that’s just my opinion. I honestly think the interest would be there 

12 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

These extraordinary circumstances though , some clubs will have to make drastic choices either merge , go under or become junior / lowland league type clubs. 

I'm just glad our club will be fine hopefully cause if this lock down lasts longer  , till October or beyond then the rest are fucked . Our league would be about the same level as Wales or Norn Iron. 

Agreed mate, it’s going to be hard for a good majority of clubs  even in the top flight to be honest. I think we have the added bonus of our European run and the extra income that generated to help us through but the longer it goes on who knows. I’d be up for paying next season STs if it kept us going 

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

KDS closed tonight?

Imagine you underselling Rangers.....

Should I delude myself into believing Sky will pay even more than they do currently because we're in the English leagues? Obviously we're THAT big a draw for them they pay us a reasonable amount just now... 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who? Who would welcome us?  I’m positive everytime we’ve tickled the English lot we’ve been told to fuck off   

You may be unaware but there’s a few million folk with coughs and sniffles these days and all previous red lines are off the table.

3 hours ago, j1mgg said:

I still don't get this, does the majority of our money not come from ST sales, which we will have already collected for this season. That we leave us with the measley amount we get from selling away tickets, and whatever we make from hospitality.

We must sell about 5000 seats per game plus we won’t be able to provide matchday hospitality , that said we will save on policing and general costs for opening up 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It is wishful thinking that the English will open their arms to us should Scottish teams start to go under.

Whether they do or don’t UEFA rules stipulate that anyone leaving a countries league to join another only can if both FAs agree to t, we need both the SFA & FA permission. Good luck with that 

3 hours ago, j1mgg said:

I still don't get this, does the majority of our money not come from ST sales, which we will have already collected for this season. That we leave us with the measley amount we get from selling away tickets, and whatever we make from hospitality.

And stadium tours, and programmes and catering and pitch side advertising etc. 

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

Whether they do or don’t UEFA rules stipulate that anyone leaving a countries league to join another only can if both FAs agree to t, we need both the SFA & FA permission. Good luck with that 

Yep, we'd literally need the SPFL to fold, lose practically all its members and the SFA to approve a switch or decide against allowing another professional league to be organised in Scotland. 

If all of those things happen then we can ask the FA. 

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Aye but the scenario we’re talking about is if our league system collapses on mass level so there couldn’t be any objections 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yep, we'd literally need the SPFL to fold, lose practically all its members and the SFA to approve a switch or decide against allowing another professional league to be organised in Scotland. 

The big picture is that if things get bad in England it’s not us they will be looking to make the numbers up, it’s Europe’s elite the top 6  will look to. That’s where the money is 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

To be fair it was based on that hypothetically happening that this discussion arose, I obviously don’t think it’s going to happen, but if it did I honestly believe that the English FA would find some way in at lower level for us both. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye but the scenario we’re talking about is if our league system collapses on mass level so there couldn’t be any objections 

The league won’t collapse though, Even  if a few clubs go under others in the pyramid system will replace them so there will always be an SFA to stop the move 

Just now, AlCapone said:

The big picture is that if things get bad in England it’s not us they will be looking to make the numbers up, it’s Europe’s elite the topn6 will look to. That’s where the money is 

Mate If this fucker runs on for outrageous lengths of time, we’d be looking at the most powerful teams from the richest leagues are all that’ll be left. 

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

The big picture is that if things get bad in England it’s not us they will be looking to make the numbers up, it’s Europe’s elite the top 6  will look to. That’s where the money is 

Totally agree. Next stop is a Euro PL closed-shop. Agnelli has already hinted at it in the last day or two again. 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

To be fair it was based on that hypothetically happening that this discussion arose, I obviously don’t think it’s going to happen, but if it did I honestly believe that the English FA would find some way in at lower level for us both. 

Even if they do, we need to jump in standard VERY quickly or we become Leeds or Forest 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate If this fucker runs on for outrageous lengths of time, we’d be looking at the most powerful teams from the richest leagues are all that’ll be left. 

If it runs for an outrageous time then it will mean only Europe's elite survive and we will be even further away from the top table 

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Go to a pub in London, Liverpool, Manchester etc when the OF is on and the level of interest in two teams north of the border speaks for itself.    

Go to a pub in Hong Kong and see the interest in two teams from England 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Even if they do, we need to jump in standard VERY quickly or we become Leeds or Forest 

Yes mate I agree but also firmly think that putting us with our history and fan base would attract serious investors the moment we get into the English set up. We’d be to tempting to to many, and fuck me what a story it would become for whoever took the gamble on it. 

Archived