5 Home Games = £25 Voucher?

BEE

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

£150 x 48,000.  £4,800,000 + £2,400,000

= £7,200,000. 

No way could the club afford to pay that back, especially in the circumstances we find ourselves in at the moment. 

The £25 vouchers × 48,000 = £1,200,000. I know it can only be "spent" on things that most of us would never buy, but if folk use them it could introduce fans into parts of the club that they normally wouldn't use and could end up with more folk liking those parts of the club and possibly using them again so I'm quite happy with it.  I wasn't expecting anything back tbh so I'm ok with it. 

There's no way the vouchers have the value of 1.2 million ... most of the things it can be spent on are services such as stadium tours and training camps - which will have additional bodies added to the groups which the costs/overheards remain the same for.

The only time it will actually cost the club a little bit, would be if there's a friendly match or something that the person with the voucher would already be paying for anyway, therefore some revenue lost but even at that it's bonus revenue and not physical club costs.

If there is something retail-wise they can buy with it, take off the mark-up aspect of the cost and it only costs them the bulk base unit cost of whatever that item that the person bought came to.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signed up for mygers. People might not agree on the loyalty scheme some might feel the club are taking them for a ride.

Whatever your grievance is Rangers need the money right now so if u can then u should sign up regardless of what u think. 

29 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Signed up for mygers. People might not agree on the loyalty scheme some might feel the club are taking them for a ride.

Whatever your grievance is Rangers need the money right now so if u can then u should sign up regardless of what u think. 

I respect anyone who does it and happy to give the club as money as they're asking in the shape of these schemes. 

Not for me, but I respect the fact people are doing it regardless.

The James Bisgrove lad seems to be the mastermind behind the voucher - interesting he describes it as 'a gesture', doesn't seem to want to commit to it as actual compensation for there games still to be played. Looks very uncomfortable throughout, which is a bit strange from a marketing person, but maybe suggests he is aware that the clubs position on this isn't particularly strong.

Quite a long interview and quite dull, but if your stuck indoors, maybe worth a listen??

2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

The James Bisgrove lad seems to be the mastermind behind the voucher - interesting he describes it as 'a gesture', doesn't seem to want to commit to it as actual compensation for there games still to be played. Looks very uncomfortable throughout, which is a bit strange from a marketing person, but maybe suggests he is aware that the clubs position on this isn't particularly strong.

Quite a long interview and quite dull, but if your stuck indoors, maybe worth a listen??

See tbh I don't want the voucher or the money back but those in strife financially might need to so I can see both sides 

24 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

He's behind a lot of things going on at the moment including the very contentious things such the Bar72 price increase, the membership scheme and that big clampdown they had a couple of months ago on kids/concessions season ticket books getting used.

I've been told what he really wants is to rake in serious money from doing VIP packages for Rangers matches, putting together trips for Asians, American's etc - problem with that is you are playing with fire because the pool for tickets to these big games is already so narrow for your average fan, with the introduction of an enhanced ballot for Bar72 members and the elitist membership scheme.  All that reduces the ticket pool even further before dipping into it for big game hunters with cash to flash.

The buses who are A+ having to find 500/600 quid every season to maintain their allocations who won't be able to, maybe these tickets for the people with deeper pockets will come out of the tickets my wee bus was getting, but won't get now because even though we're an A+ plus we can't afford to pay 500/600 a year as an additional fee when we are only sitting with 2k in the bank. Maybe the tickets they will be forged to give up from getting shafted will help.

We are in serious danger of fucking it as a club and next season when we probably don't win the league again there's only so long you can have these seasons before the brand evaporates and the support dwindles - does this guy and the club then scrap all of the above and come back cap in hand begging for the supporters, buses, season ticket holders to return to the old ways?

There's so much going on just now - not much of it good

23 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

See tbh I don't want the voucher or the money back but those in strife financially might need to so I can see both sides 

Like you I'm fine and as you've said some may be in financial difficulties - so a voucher - no - give out a cash refund

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Like you I'm fine and as you've said some may be in financial difficulties - so a voucher - no - give out a cash refund

Mate see if I knew how I'd return the value of voucher to the club. 

But 25 quid voucher for those that need it when they've lost 150 or so isn't quite the same. 

I don't want either but then again I'm still getting overtime and working so I'm not in the same boat as them 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate see if I knew how I'd return the value of voucher to the club. 

But 25 quid voucher for those that need it when they've lost 150 or so isn't quite the same. 

I don't want either but then again I'm still getting overtime and working so I'm not in the same boat as them 

You know my feelings on it mate. I find the whole thing distasteful  and this mythical £25 , which hasnt been credited yet is a slap in the face. A pishy "letter to the fans" by the manager who at least for his sake, didnt pay to go to killie or st johnstone and watch that excuse for a team underperform again.  And thats probably my issue tbh. We have to shell out for a team that pulled up at the 3rd last fence AGAIN. If we had been clear at the top of the table i would pay any amount 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

He's behind a lot of things going on at the moment including the very contentious things such the Bar72 price increase, the membership scheme and that big clampdown they had a couple of months ago on kids/concessions season ticket books getting used.

I've been told what he really wants is to rake in serious money from doing VIP packages for Rangers matches, putting together trips for Asians, American's etc - problem with that is you are playing with fire because the pool for tickets to these big games is already so narrow for your average fan, with the introduction of an enhanced ballot for Bar72 members and the elitist membership scheme.  All that reduces the ticket pool even further before dipping into it for big game hunters with cash to flash.

The buses who are A+ having to find 500/600 quid every season to maintain their allocations who won't be able to, maybe these tickets for the people with deeper pockets will come out of the tickets my wee bus was getting, but won't get now because even though we're an A+ plus we can't afford to pay 500/600 a year as an additional fee when we are only sitting with 2k in the bank. Maybe the tickets they will be forged to give up from getting shafted will help.

We are in serious danger of fucking it as a club and next season when we probably don't win the league again there's only so long you can have these seasons before the brand evaporates and the support dwindles - does this guy and the club then scrap all of the above and come back cap in hand begging for the supporters, buses, season ticket holders to return to the old ways?

I can remember years ago actor Ray Winston on the TV saying one of the saddest things he'd ever seen was when he went into a pub and the place was full of Chelsea fans, they were watching their team on the telly, why was he sad, said these guys used to go to the games to support Chelsea but could no longer afford to go, hope we're not going down the same road.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There was one turn of phrase along the lines of "fans have never been able to be so close to the club," and I thought well that's wrong. At one point you literally could be a club member (prior to the club being a limited company) where you paid members dues and could vote on the President etc. Granted this is back in the 1800s but that doesn't make the statement correct!

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I can see some becoming very upset when members of same households or friends are in different categories and don't end up being able to attend away games or cup semis and finals together like they have done for years.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I can see some becoming very upset when members of same households or friends are in different categories and don't end up being able to attend away games or cup semis and finals together like they have done for years.

Me and my brother could possibly be in different categories due to me being in the CCCS one season longer

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. I will likely be from people I attend games with. Resigned to not stepping foot in Parkhead for a while.

Don’t see me ever being able to unless we somehow get them in a cup or semis/finals change from Hampden. Only game there I seen will always be our worst ever there a think 😂

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's so much wrong about it all. We are celebrating getting rid of one parasite in Ashley who only cared about money, but we have others in charge doing likewise - albeit the money goes into the club rather than Sports Direct but getting fleeced is still getting fleeced.

It's a loyalty scheme that doesn't reward loyalty, not really.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Me and my brother could possibly be in different categories due to me being in the CCCS one season longer

Didn’t realise until read it again today our points are only getting calculated every 12 weeks , you’ll be gaining points every week to change priority position only 3 times a season , I thought we’d be all moving position every time we gained  points 

Just now, British_Empire said:

There's so much wrong about it all. We are celebrating getting rid of one parasite in Ashley who only cared about money, but we have others in charge doing likewise - albeit the money goes into the club rather than Sports Direct but getting fleeced is still getting fleeced.

Regardless of your thoughts on the various schemes are you really trying to compare a guy whose remit is to increase our revenue which lags way behind our direct rivals versus a guy who has deliberately hindered every aspect of the club for 8 years? 

That’s just a bizarre take

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Regardless of your thoughts on the various schemes are you really trying to compare a guy whose remit is to increase our revenue which lags way behind our direct rivals versus a guy who has deliberately hindered every aspect of the club for 8 years? 

That’s just a bizarre take

I already made the distinction.

Being fleeced is still being fleeced. 

Cunts everywhere wanting the blue pound - it's not as different as you want to make out.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I already made the distinction.

Being fleeced is still being fleeced. 

Cunts everywhere wanting the blue pound - it's not as different as you want to make out.

It couldn’t be more different if you tried. 

One is increasing revenue, which sees greater expenditure on the park 

versus 

one which vastly reduced revenue & expenditure on the park, led to year of costly legal expense & exec team focus to the detriment of all other aspects of the business 

Absolutely wild 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

It couldn’t be more different if you tried. 

One is increasing revenue, which sees greater expenditure on the park 

versus 

one which vastly reduced revenue & expenditure on the park, led to year of costly legal expense & exec team focus to the detriment of all other aspects of the business 

Absolutely wild 

I'll try and make it a bit clearer for you.

Since you've ignored the part I said about at least the money goes into the club.

Getting ripped off is getting ripped off, whether it's a businessman doing it to the club

or the club doing it the fans.

What I'm getting at is that I find it absolutely ironic that the fans are all celebrating one con man being gone who fleeced the club, but celebrate and revere this shower of cunts who will shaft and rip off them (the support)

That's my point.

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It’s no even a loyalty scheme , as I just said to foreveandever there , I thought it looked ok but I read today they are only calculating your points and changing your loyalty position 3 times a season, every 12 weeks ,I could be wrong but my take on this is 

say eg I start the scheme 10 points in front of you I miss the first 3 home games and even although in the bracket for first 2 away games don’t bother logging in for my ticket 

You go to the first 3 homes games accrue 15 points and go 5 points ahead of me , i can still get priority above you for all the away games until 12 weeks in when you will then go above me , 

if I’m wrong then I stand correct but that’s a fucking farcical set up 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

It’s no even a loyalty scheme , as I just said to foreveandever there , I thought it looked ok but I read today they are only calculating your points and changing your loyalty position 3 times a season, every 12 weeks ,I could be wrong but my take on this is 

say eg I start the scheme 10 points in front of you I miss the first 3 home games and even although in the bracket for first 2 away games don’t bother logging in for my ticket 

You go to the first 3 homes games accrue 15 points and go 5 points ahead of me , i can still get priority above you for all the away games until 12 weeks in when you will then go above me , 

if I’m wrong then I stand correct but that’s a fucking farcical set up 

Between the corruption in Scottish football, our refusal to take them getting a title to court and this scheme it's scunnered me beyond belief mate. 

I can reluctantly accept seasons we win fuck all, Old Firm defeats etc - but this is different for me. Feels like a collection of slaps to the face all in one short space of time.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Between the corruption in Scottish football, our refusal to take them getting a title to court and this scheme it's scunnered me beyond belief mate. 

I can reluctantly accept seasons we win fuck all, Old Firm defeats etc - but this is different for me. Feels like a collection of slaps to the face all in one short space of time.

Agreed , I thought the points would be counting week in week out , you could over take someone have more points but they can go to tynecastle and Easter road until the 12 week calculation then when your position is improved ,it could then be away to shite like Livi , fucking madness 

Archived