SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Depends on the relevance of the case tbh. Just because the background facts might be similar at a superficial level doesn’t mean there are relevant principles.

You may be right. I simply don't know - just seemed to me that if the judge quoted it to stop a QC's line of arguement then he clearly believes it is relevant. 

2 minutes ago, alfredosgloves said:

Jesus fuck this is a boring listen.  

I was just angling for the prestigious ' bore of the year award ' in posting the link in the first place. 

Got it on speaker phone but have stopped paying attention.

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

You may be right. I simply don't know - just seemed to me that if the judge quoted it to stop a QC's line of arguement then he clearly believes it is relevant. 

Ah, I’ve misunderstood your above post, mate. Ignore me.

11 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Just now they want the Judge to distinguish (set aside) The St Johnstone case as they say statute has overtaken it. Hearts and Thistle will argue against this 

Basically the SPFL are saying that the St Johnstone case they won against the SFA should not be set as a precedent in this case. That's took 2 hours to try sort out? 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Basically the SPFL are saying that the St Johnstone case they won against the SFA should not be set as a precedent in this case. That's took 2 hours to try sort out? 🤷‍♂️

Yes but note that the Judge wanted to know the SFA articles at the time of that case 

7 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Yes but note that the Judge wanted to know the SFA articles at the time of that case 

So the judge wants to see if the articles are the same? And if they are then the SPFL idea that this should be handled by the SFA will be thrown out?

“Your honour, the SFA and SPFL are two cheeks of the same arse. Wouldn’t let Fred rule on Rose’s trial or vice versa. The vote in April was, in legal parlance, a complete carve-up, as straight as a hairpin and was as right and fair as a Paki’s left elbow. That vote failed and all the shite that followed was avoidable and unnecessary. I recommend your honour be guided by the watchwords NULL and VOID. That concludes the case for justice, m’lud”

Archived