***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, beararse said:

At least the old firm have a huge base support prepared to buy virtual season tickets. Can't see Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County etc being able to ride it out. And that's not accounting for a potential 2nd/3rd wave and the lockdown restrictions that would bring.

That being the case, we really need to stay on top from the very outset in case the League is called early again.

Like the sound of that tbh .😄

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Too many fans willing to accept mediocrity these days, it’s the standards the fans demand that make us the club we are , 2nd half yesterday was rotten and nowhere near good enough but it’s 3 points and we move on, improvements needed though, only using one sub from a possible five tells it’s own story about our squad. 

Barry .Someone posted that maybe SG was making a statement to the board .Thought it was a fair point .

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Barry .Someone posted that maybe SG was making a statement to the board .Thought it was a fair point .

Think it’s just the fact that he only trusts maybe 14/15 players, we can’t go through a season only using that amount of players or come January again the squad is going to be burnt out and we’ll see a repeat of last season, we badly need at least another 2 attacking options and another midfielder or we’re winning fuck all again. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Think it’s just the fact that he only trusts maybe 14/15 players, we can’t go through a season only using that amount of players or come January again the squad is going to be burnt out and we’ll see a repeat of last season, we badly need at least another 2 attacking options and another midfielder or we’re winning fuck all again. 

100% if Alfredo were to go .We would be fucked .And even if he stays .At least 2 new decent forwards have to arrive ASAP 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

100% if Alfredo were to go .We would be fucked .And even if he stays .At least 2 new decent forwards have to arrive ASAP 

We have to get someone in before Morelos goes, be a disaster having to rely on some shite like Gregg Stewart having to come in and do a job, zero faith in majority of our squad players to contribute anything tbh 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

We have to get someone in before Morelos goes, be a disaster having to rely on some shite like Gregg Stewart having to come in and do a job, zero faith in majority of our squad players to contribute anything tbh 

In an attacking sense .We have 2 or 3 that can be match winners .We don’t have enough that can change a 0-0 into a 1-0 .That is where our midfield has to be more dynamic .And with Jack and Kamara so similar .Puts a lot of pressure on Aribo to provide that little spark .I’m defending him too after his powderpuff effort at the end cost me 4k🤔.Hope the Accies pull off wee shock today 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

In an attacking sense .We have 2 or 3 that can be match winners .We don’t have enough that can change a 0-0 into a 1-0 .That is where our midfield has to be more dynamic .And with Jack and Kamara so similar .Puts a lot of pressure on Aribo to provide that little spark .I’m defending him too after his powderpuff effort at the end cost me 4k🤔.Hope the Accies pull off wee shock today 

Thought Aribo could’ve squared it to Morelos for a tap in, we need an upgrade of Kamara in the middle he slows everything down too much for me, I like Jack but he was poor yesterday, too many not at the races yesterday but a win at Pittodrie when we’re not at our best can only be a good thing, Accies won’t be allowed to get a result today mate, they’ll be a dodgy penalty or a red card if the taigs are struggling 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Thought Aribo could’ve squared it to Morelos for a tap in, we need an upgrade of Kamara in the middle he slows everything down too much for me, I like Jack but he was poor yesterday, too many not at the races yesterday but a win at Pittodrie when we’re not at our best can only be a good thing, Accies won’t be allowed to get a result today mate, they’ll be a dodgy penalty or a red card if the taigs are struggling 

It’s Collum so you are most likely right there 

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Another thing we are really bad at .Too much selfishness in that final third or definitely in that 18 yard box  .You very rarely see a cut back with one of our players playing in ,someone with better chance .They are all greedy particularly Alfredo IMO The others show no composure 80% of the time 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

And so the pressure on referees begins Craig fuck wit Gordon saying Arfield should have been sent of at the same time Considine was 

Laughable 

Must have been part of his trade to Hearts .Talk up the scum

To think we rehabilitated this utter bastard 

22 minutes ago, soulboy said:

And so the pressure on referees begins Craig fuck wit Gordon saying Arfield should have been sent of at the same time Considine was 

How exactly did craig arsehole Gordon see a red card for arfield from this. 

Just another bitter taig wanker. 

Screenshot_20200802-104218_YouTube.jpg

20 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Good result. Good win. Putting to bed our last few failures up there.

Good first half. Poor second half.

Kent carrying on his pre season form, scoring goals, creating chances, looking bright.

Balogun looks assured, composed and also has a turn of pace. Goldson solid too. Sheep offered nothing though so hard to judge.

Kent, Aribo, Morelos, and Hagi all showed flashes. A lot didn't come off, sometimes they tried to be too cute but I don't mind that, I like they are trying to make things happen. Just a bit more care at times needed. Certainly signs that this will get better in time. When they click they will be devastating (with or without Alfie IMO).

All in all, massive 3 points. We move on.

Not just on yesterday’s performance but in the preseason games too ,it’s looking like we have found a way of playing without Morelos on form ,That can only be good for the season ahead ,

Delighted that Kent is looking far more like the player we paid 7m for than the version we had last season 

44 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

How exactly did craig arsehole Gordon see a red card for arfield from this. 

Just another bitter taig wanker. 

Screenshot_20200802-104218_YouTube.jpg

Day 1 of the season and already you can see all that is wrong with our media. This story was the headline on the Rangers page of the record. An ex celtic player saying one of our players should have been sent off after receiving a leg breaker. Ahead of the match report, ahead of interviews with our players of Gerrard. A total obsession with undermining us at every turn. There is no justification for that tackle, especially from Gordon who we as a club helped to return from his own bad injury. 

At least in England you see former bitter rivals like Neville, Carragher and Keane actually able to talk honestly and fairly about football while maintaining passion for their own clubs. The media up here is totally poisoned, and even some of our ex players are sucked into it. 

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

According to the arsehole Arfield went in 2 footed

I must admit, I said to my dad yesterday that I thought Arfield was lucky that considine was flying towards him as I thought Arfield jumped in 2 footed. It may have been to try and protect himself but had considine not been recklessly throwing himself into that it may have looked worse for Arfield. I don't think Arfield should have been sent off but I just think he was lucky that as it could have looked worse for him. 

Happy with the result as we've played much better than that and came away with less. 

We will improve on that performance and it's a good start as we all knew it was a potential banana skin straight away. It's maybe a sign that this can be our season as we'd maybe have dropped points already. 

Let's not get too hung up on the 2nd half performance as there was still enough chances for us to have won by a couple more. 

10 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I must admit, I said to my dad yesterday that I thought Arfield was lucky that considine was flying towards him as I thought Arfield jumped in 2 footed. It may have been to try and protect himself but had considine not been recklessly throwing himself into that it may have looked worse for Arfield. I don't think Arfield should have been sent off but I just think he was lucky that as it could have looked worse for him. 

You’re talking just as much shite as Gordon then. 

42 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Day 1 of the season and already you can see all that is wrong with our media. This story was the headline on the Rangers page of the record. An ex celtic player saying one of our players should have been sent off after receiving a leg breaker. Ahead of the match report, ahead of interviews with our players of Gerrard. A total obsession with undermining us at every turn. There is no justification for that tackle, especially from Gordon who we as a club helped to return from his own bad injury. 

At least in England you see former bitter rivals like Neville, Carragher and Keane actually able to talk honestly and fairly about football while maintaining passion for their own clubs. The media up here is totally poisoned, and even some of our ex players are sucked into it. 

It's only going to get worse as the season goes on. I'm not surprised the record has it as a headline. As long as Jackson gets his exclusives they'll publish any pro taig spin. 

Archived