***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Did you see our bench? I can see why only 1 cam on 

Bench is a big problem. If Gerrard can get two or ideally three players of quality in we won’t be far away. 
As it stands though we’re too light 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, left winger said:

Well, we've had 3 wins in our last 11 against them. It's traditionally a difficult venue for us. They generally try harder against us than against celtic. 

But wait a minute I'll just jump on to my period......

Fucking pish. Only 1-0. The sheep are shite. We'll be behind on goal difference by tomorrow. My new strip hasn't arrived 😪😪😪😪😪😪

Happy now? 

Not really, too many people saying its the 3 points that matter as if our display was acceptable because of the win, it wasnt aberdeen were missing both their first choice and 2nd choice strikers, one of whom causes us untold issues constantly, today we should have laid down our marker that we can beat teams like this comfortably, instead we showed we haven't learned a thing

The sheep were undone by their highline being caught on the break, their defence never once went that high again, do we change anything to counter their new gameplan, nope, even when ours starts to falter we just plod along hoping for something to go our way

We need to be smarter during games and adapt

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Bench is a big problem. If Gerrard can get two or ideally three players of quality in we won’t be far away. 

That’s my worry mate, he only trusts a core 14/15 players, unless we get reinforcements in then we’re still a few short 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not really, too many people saying its the 3 points that matter as if our display was acceptable because of the win, it wasnt aberdeen were missing both their first choice and 2nd choice strikers, one of whom causes us untold issues constantly, today we should have laid down our marker that we can beat teams like this comfortably, instead we showed we haven't learned a thing

The sheep were undone by their highline being caught on the break, their defence never once went that high again, do we change anything to counter their new gameplan, nope, even when ours starts to falter we just plod along hoping for something to go our way

We need to be smarter during games and adapt

The points were obviously the most important thing. We'd all have preferred a much better performance, and yes there were similarities with last season. 

I did think Alfredo dropped back more than usual to let others go past him which is a bit of a change.

However, we clearly aren't going to play really well every match and I'm not going to get annoyed with an away victory there on the first day of season. 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Who's fault is that though, 8 defenders in an 18 man outfield match day squad is a shambles, 

There’s a lack of options, we signed some absolute shite and we’re going to lumbered with it I think, need at least another couple options 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

A match thread without any mention of a referee. How rare is that?

Apart from missing/ ignoring a few kicks on our players (the goalmouth scramble and Hayes on Morelos by the corner) I thought he had a pretty good game. I think having no fans to overreact to every little thing a Rangers player, especially Morelos does will be a benefit to us.

11 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Another CM, striker and ideally someone who can play anywhere in the front three is badly needed to add options and competition for places imo.

After today, its clear we are going to rely heavily on Hagi and Kent for the creative spark. It's a long and important season so we need to get another creative player in to help when one or both of those lads has a dip/ needs a break. 

Big Balogun was impressive.

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

For any neutrals logging onto the BBC for an update of the first day results.... 

Screenshot_20200801_181038_com.android.chrome.jpg

I've honestly had no idea any cunt else was playing today, I was so focused on what we were doing, 3 points and a clean sheet away makes me happy, no surrender the popes a bender. 

9 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I've honestly had no idea any cunt else was playing today, I was so focused on what we were doing, 3 points and a clean sheet away makes me happy, no surrender the popes a bender. 

Same mate, not a fucking clue there was even other fixtures on today.  Soon as I woke up today it's just been whoosh, swally, watched game, done, home, scran, scratcher.  Love it.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I trust you don't pay yours then?

Why should I, I don’t want to pay for a British version of CNN, they are politically bias and their Brexit position was ridiculous, for a supposedly neutral National Broadcaster. BBC Scotland’s treatment of all things Rangers is beyond parody so why would you choose to pay for it. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Of fucking course not 😂 sent the cunts an email saying I don’t watch live tv, ie their shitey Eire tv so I’m giving they peado enabling cunts fuck all 

Watch out.... @Terry Hurlock Loyal the tv polis will be round with his charge sheet in the morning 😄

Archived