***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Na, I don’t agree. I think every team needs a deeper lying midfielder to help the CBs, break up play and drop into CB when one of them goes forward.

Jack is absolutely fine:  neat and tidy, decent range of passing, the most aggressive of the lot and virtually never gives the ball away. We just need another killer, more positive minded midfielder to slot in next to him and Aribo.

Kamara’s first thoughts are either: 3 yard pass, go back the way or DON’T PANIC! Not what we need...

That's exactly why we create fuck all

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Jack has a mediocre game and some want him dropped or replaced. :headwall:

Today was actually the game for Kamara & Jack together but they should never play together at home.

He’s a mediocre player 

47 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

first of all you stalking me :lol: secondly I said already he did ok but come on aberdeen hardly made an attempt to attack Rangers - oh and outstanding's a bit over the top 

I've read your posts recently and remembered you were annoyed at the club, that's all mate. I thought the big guy was great today, dealt everything that came at him really well. All about opinions though pal!

Just now, five stars said:

The two defensive midfielder's allow the full backs to push higher up the park.

We don't need both for home games against the wee teams.

We don't hurt teams who play like that out wide tho, crosses are often meat and drink to the hulks that play at CB.

We need to put more focus down the middle and behind that first bank of midfielders of we're to be able to make light work of this type of opposition tactic.

18 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Two defensive midfielders against a 10 man defence. I'll never understand

They two would be fine if our fullbacks played further up the park and we had a 3 man attacking midfield and a striker pushing their defence back

How many times did tav and barisic cross the ball in the 2nd half, and when they did, how many Rangers players were in the box

When up against a ten man defence you need someone wide to occupy the fullbacks, dont let them double up on our guys inside, you need a striker playing on the last defender meaning he is solely focused on the striker, you then need someone pushing up from midfield to either force the other centre half to come out to meet him creating space, or it forces back the defensive mid allowing our other midfielders to drive up with the ball

Instead we had 7 guys withing 30-40 yards of shagger, hoping the other 3 can take on a 5 or 6 man wall marking them 

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

I've read your posts recently and remembered you were annoyed at the club, that's all mate. I thought the big guy was great today, dealt everything that came at him really well. All about opinions though pal!

Aye I know it's all about opinions, I thought he did ok, it's probably a sad reflection on the team that people are talking about Balogun doing well when in all honestly they hardly went up the park, most of the team were rotten - and your right I'm fuckin raging about MyGers and now what's happening with hospitality makes the place even worse - but hey that's another story 

Until we get additional reinforcement in midfield, (someone like Zungu), the comments of playing both Kamara & Jack is not really debatable. 

Gerrard will see Davis as an option although I no longer do.

The only other option from that bench is Arfield and I believe he will be most effectively used from the bench this year.

Archived