Mikoliunas offers no dive apology

Boab

Mikoliunas offers no dive apology

Lithuania midfielder Saulius Mikoliunas was unrepentant after his dive earned a penalty in the 3-1 defeat by Scotland.

Quizzed about the incident which led to an equalising goal, the Hearts midfielder said: "No comment. You have the victory what more do you want?"

When asked if he was worried he would be criticised in Scotland for cheating, he replied: " I don't care. I play for Hearts not other clubs.

"If Hearts fans want me to apologise I will, but not to Scotland fans."

Tomas Danilevicius tucked the controversial penalty away to cancel out Kris Boyd's first half opener.

But Stephen McManus and James McFadden popped up with late goals to seal a laboured win for the Scots.

"We were maybe second best for a large part of the second half," substitute Shaun Maloney told BBC Sport.

"But we managed to scrape through in the end."

Scotland manager Alex McLeish and skipper Darren Fletcher, the player who challenged Mikoliunas, were critical of the Hearts player.

"It wasn't even the penalty, it was every time he got it he seemed to be going down easily, and it's a bit embarrassing really," Fletcher told BBC Sport.

The thing that irked me most about that incident was that if you watch replays of it, Mikoliunas tried to leave a foot in to catch Darren Fletcher on the way through, missed it, caught the turf instead, dived and still got a penalty for it. The linesman and the referee couldn't see it was a dive but 51,000 Scotland supporters could see it was. That blatant piece of cheating could have put a spanner in the works with reagrds to Scotland qualifying for Euro 2008.

Hopefully he'll get his comeuppance at Tynecastle on Saturday and the Rangers players (the Scottish ones anyway) will kick seven shades of sh#t out of him for that, cheating wee f#cker!

Never seen the match but I hate that Ceasnaskus and Mikolonous(sp) with a passion, they are dirty, foreign, cheating b*stards. Cant stand players like that and I hope they both recieve career threatening injuries, hate when Rangers play away at Tynecastle, those two are scum.