Rangers and Scotland

Originator needs to grow up. What a pish thread. You're just making yourself look stupid by coming out with this gash.

You make yourself look f*cking stupid from that reply.

I dont have the same love for the national team that i used to. Will support England / Scotland / N. Ireland pretty much equally when they play.

But above all it's Rangers for me! :unionflag: :unionflag:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread should be locked ASAP. It's becoming very divisive at a time when unity amongst Bears is badly needed. And suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow less loyal to Rangers is not only childish, but downright insulting.

why should a thread be locked because you dont like it.?

For the very reason I stated in my original post. This thread is gauranteed to stir up ill-feeling between Bears, which IMO is the worst thing possible at this time. We should be uniting rather than fighting amongst ourselves!

Nothing to do with playing for Rangers

Ah bless, it's touchingly naïve.

Do you go to Scotland games?

barry, boyd, hutton and mcfadden(i know the latter 2 arent gers players) are the ones who get great receptions when their names are announced at hampden. only once have i heard someone being called an "DOB" and that was gattuso.

(tu)

The whole 'Rangers players are booed' stuff is nonsense. Maybe by a few here and there, I've not heard any, but certainly not by any sizeable number.

It's just a fabricated excuse to try and justify a lack of support for their national side.

I can't belive I just read that.

We are Scottish. I am anyways. When scotland play we unite as one. Like every other country does.

If everybody had your attitude then we would be a total embarrasment as fans. It's immature.

Every club hates other fans somewhere. Maybe even EVERY fan EVERYWHERE. You have to rise above all that for SCOTLAND.

We unite as one behind Scotland....but when we are doing Scotland proud do they untie behind us....do they fuck!

I was a massive Scotland fan but the actions of recent weeks have made me change severely!!

And to those who spout about the SFA the only reason the have been "supportive" and thats a very controversial word to use, its becuase it has fuck all to do with them! Now though an option that has come to light is to move the Scottish Cup final which is purely the SFA's decision we shall see exactly how "supportive they are!!!

The anti English thing as well as someone else mentioned is another thing that annoys me! Rangers are renowned for there British routes and proud to be British but when it comes to Scotland and England a lot of our fans suddenly hate England!!!

Well Said Minstral!

I dont think it should come down to tit for tat over they dont like us so we dont like them but we have been put down for years and ive had enough!!

I think this thread should be locked ASAP. It's becoming very divisive at a time when unity amongst Bears is badly needed. And suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with you is somehow less loyal to Rangers is not only childish, but downright insulting.

why should a thread be locked because you dont like it.?

For the very reason I stated in my original post. This thread is gauranteed to stir up ill-feeling between Bears, which IMO is the worst thing possible at this time. We should be uniting rather than fighting amongst ourselves!

we have never been united for years.

I go to the Scotland games, and the constant abuse directed at not only Ferguson but anyone has the audacity to play for Rangers is astonishing.

Always believed that I will support my country no matter what little Tartan tossers thought, but events over the past few weeks have proven to me that we are hated not only at bampot level but throughout the game.

I spend fortunes following Rangers, from now on any money saved on internationals will go towards following them even more so.

We live in a little spiteful country that neither deserves but apparently doesn't want my support.

Rangers first, Rangers everything

Nothing else matters

As long as members do not start throwing personal insults at each other then the thread and topic remains, it is what the forum is for, to discuss/debate each other's views regarding issues that affect Rangers irrespective if we agree or disagree with each other.

For those of you that are very close to starting to throw direct personal insults, or have erred in that area already please refrain from this or action will be taken.

stupid thread.........................................................what an idtiot!!!

What a pathetic response.

I notice you offer no reasons for your claim.

Are you too thick to point out exactly why?

Originator needs to grow up. What a pish thread. You're just making yourself look stupid by coming out with this gash.

I dont have the same love for the national team that i used to. Will support England / Scotland / N. Ireland pretty much equally when they play.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

But it is incredibly small minded if you feel the only way you can demonstrate how strong your support is for one thing, is by ostracizing another.

Which is exactly what Minstral has done by creating this thread. Minstral may well be the wonderful guy you think he is - I don't know him from Adam. And frankly I have no wish to know anyone who openly despises Scotland as he clearly does!

Yep, I would agree with that.

I went to Euro 92 in Sweden and aye, the banter was good, but not as good as going to Munich 3 years prior to that to see Rangers. Ever since I've become less interested or bothered in what Scotland do. I like to see them do well but it's nowhere near as important as seeing the Rangers do well.

Nothing to do with playing for Rangers

Ah bless, it's touchingly naïve.

Do you go to Scotland games?

barry, boyd, hutton and mcfadden(i know the latter 2 arent gers players) are the ones who get great receptions when their names are announced at hampden. only once have i heard someone being called an "DOB" and that was gattuso.

Even more pathetic.

:rolleyes:

You gotta laugh though. A lot of the tartan barmy like to try and take the moral high ground over the Rangers support and yet come away with stuff like this?

This is an SPL issue and not an SFA matter. The SFA have supported our stance.

We need to rise above all this and use that emotion and resolve positively and go on and win the UEFA Cup, League and SFA Cup - with dignity.

Further, being from the "south", I did have a soft spot for QOS, however, now I honestly hope we embarrass them and show no mercy. They could have showed a little bit of respect and negotiated to play the game on a more convenient date given our current situation. They know as do we that there will only be one outcome. They also by showing some courtesy might even have negotiated a pre-season friendly (gratis) in the future and wee bit more extra income, when all the furore of the final had dissipated. They showed no foresight and only parochialism.

Hell hath no fury, let's go out blazing and win everything and act with dignity.

As for the SPL they have only embarrassed themselves and acted totally unreasonably. Sadly, this will also reflect on the SFA who had no jurisdiction on the matter, but those from afar and closer to home will not see it that way. Scotland's shame and has rendered the country a bit of a laughing stock, unfortunately, rightly so ! I have just watched one of the banner headlines on CNN and they are carrying the story, now, what will others outwith the goldfish bowl think. Same as us my friends.

It's easy for the SFA to support us since it's not their decision, they won't be the ones with liewell and all his timmy mates at their door

We need to rise above all this and use that emotion and resolve positively and go on and win the UEFA Cup, League and SFA Cup - with dignity.

Further, being from the "south", I did have a soft spot for QOS, however, now I honestly hope we embarrass them and show no mercy. They could have showed a little bit of respect and negotiated to play the game on a more convenient date given our current situation. They know as do we that there will only be one outcome. They also by showing some courtesy might even have negotiated a pre-season friendly (gratis) in the future and wee bit more extra income, when all the furore of the final had dissipated. They showed no foresight and only parochialism.

Hell hath no fury, let's go out blazing and win everything and act with dignity.

As for the SPL they have only embarrassed themselves and acted totally unreasonably. Sadly, this will also reflect on the SFA who had no jurisdiction on the matter, but those from afar and closer to home will not see it that way. Scotland's shame and has rendered the country a bit of a laughing stock, unfortunately, rightly so ! I have just watched one of the banner headlines on CNN and they are carrying the story, now, what will others outwith the goldfish bowl think. Same as us my friends.

It's easy for the SFA to support us since it's not their decision

we're getting a lot of support from the media as well tho. everyone except the pikeys (and no doubt the muttone molestors) seems to think this is a major fuck up by the SPL.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

But it is incredibly small minded if you feel the only way you can demonstrate how strong your support is for one thing, is by ostracizing another.

Which is exactly what Minstral has done by creating this thread. Minstral may well be the wonderful guy you think he is - I don't know him from Adam. And frankly I have no wish to know anyone who openly despises Scotland as he clearly does!

i dont claim to be a wonderful guy, but one thing i will do is fight for my club against the whole of scottish football who hate us. i am not asking you to agree with me as you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine.

It's easy for the SFA to support us since it's not their decision, they won't be the ones with liewell and all his timmy mates at their door

Correct!!

An option that has come to light recently is arranging the cup final for another date a decision that comes down to no-one other than the SFA!

We will see how "supportive" they are of Rangers when the problam comes knocking at there door!

before the SFA gets criticised for anything here, just remember that it was us who poached walter back to ibrox from THEM, basicly screwing the national team out of a euro championship place IMO,

and in any case, the SFA backed us up today, it was a different entity in the SPL who prevented us getting the game postponed.

SCOTLAND and RANGERS equally

I hate the SPL right now, and a number of our opponents who haven't exactly been accommodating.

But to not support the national team is completely pointless - the national team is made up of perfectly honest players who have NOTHING to do with the lack of accommodating from many clubs.

They also have nothing to do with the bureaucrats who have rejected our requests.

If you want to dislike the national team minstral, you're free to do so. But do it for the right reasons, and not something completely unrelated to it.

Correct!!

An option that has come to light recently is arranging the cup final for another date a decision that comes down to no-one other than the SFA!

We will see how "supportive" they are of Rangers when the problam comes knocking at there door!

Don't take this the wrong way, but this doesn't make sense, the SFA were willing to change the date of the Scottish Cup final to help Rangers... <cr>

it was us who poached walter back to ibrox from THEM, basicly screwing the national team out of a euro championship place

I know, we should not of gone for Walter, suffered more pish and not be competing for the quadruple.

F*ck that p*sh.

Rangers will always come 1st.

Correct!!

It appears from George Peats comments that the SFA have, in fact, discussed that very idea with Queen Of The South, who won't agree to the biggest day in their history being moved to a Wednesday night. I can't say I blame them! doh

The SPL are responsible for this mess, and the SPL alone. Nothing to do with the SFA or the national team.

i find it hard to beleive how any1 can turn off support 4 the national team, iv supported both all my life and get the same excited feelin weneva scotland play as rangers, let the ignorant an less educated minority tartan army have a go cos i kno that more than often itl b a ger that has a MOTM performance 4 the national side.

I hate the SPL right now, and a number of our opponents who haven't exactly been accommodating.

But to not support the national team is completely pointless - the national team is made up of perfectly honest players who have NOTHING to do with the lack of accommodating from many clubs.

They also have nothing to do with the bureaucrats who have rejected our requests.

If you want to dislike the national team minstral, you're free to do so. But do it for the right reasons, and not something completely unrelated to it.

I agree somewhat.

But why haven't we heard anyone from within Scottish football weather that be the governing bodies, the mhedia or fellow professionals condemning the treatment directed towards certain players?

Indeed the mhedia are more concerned about insults flung at AIDSinho and the racial content :rolleyes:

No one likes us, we don't care!

Recent decisions have left me in no doubt that we are simply not liked by anyone.

Time to close ranks, in a footballing sense I am finished with Scotland!

I no longer care about the national side!

Correct!!

It appears from George Peats comments that the SFA have, in fact, discussed that very idea with Queen Of The South, who won't agree to the biggest day in their history being moved to a Wednesday night. I can't say I blame them! doh

The SPL are responsible for this mess, and the SPL alone. Nothing to do with the SFA or the national team.

I cant blame then either and tbh i would rather it was a weekend game, but are telling me that if the SFA told QoS thats when the game was being played they wouldnt turn up??

Of course the would, if the SFA said we are moving the game theres nothing QoS can do!

Correct!!

I think the preferred date the SFA were actually proposing was for the following Saturday 31 May if I remember correctly, but in principle I agree with you. :rangers:

I agree somewhat.

But why haven't we heard anyone from within Scottish football weather that be the governing bodies, the mhedia or fellow professionals condemning the treatment directed towards certain players?

Indeed the mhedia are more concerned about insults flung at AIDSinho and the racial content :rolleyes:

No one likes us, we don't care!

Recent decisions have left me in no doubt that we are simply not liked by anyone.

Time to close ranks, in a footballing sense I am finished with Scotland!

I no longer care about the national side!

What players of ours have been abused and by whom? btw, I don't mean by our own fans (I will never forgive us for booing Cousin on against Panathinaikos).