The everyone who wants McGregor thread

Ibroxin83

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully we have the sense to start a bidding war Between Tottenham and Newcastle (tu)

£6m your arse!

... he's worth double that easy!

... shove it Keegan!

:2g:

Where do i say we should accept £6million?

Thats why i said... we should have the sense to start a bidding war between the 2 clubs!

£15 million or fuck off is what we should say.

Fed up with being held ransom because we are in the SPL.

If McShagger was at a diddy team in the EPL big teams would still probably bid 15 + for him.

Even if McGregor played in England he still wouldn't be worth 15 million.

He's not improved so much in the past year that he is worth 6 million more than Craig Gordon, who is a proven, first choice international goalkeeper.

Out with Liverpool's ridicilous asking price for Carson what keeper in England has ever been linked with a move away for more than 10 million?

Just got a text from my brother who is living in Newcastle and he has been told (through a guy in the know) that McGregor is signing for Newcastle in the next few days in a deal worth around £6m.

His source is pretty accurate and is the same guy that told him about Owen, Martins and the Alladyce appoint before any such reports were in the press, so it doesnt look good.

£6m is a fair price, we could use the cash to strengthen a few areas of the team and still bring in another keeper for around £2m. Good bit of business, if it happens, considering we nearly let him go to dumfermline for pennies.

£6m is a reasonable price I suppose, but we should be holding out for more. Gordon went for £9m after all. I don't see why Newcastle want a new keeper? Is Given too injury prone?

We really need to sign a new keeper if we sell him. I can see us having Alexander as number 1 and signing a new back up - e.g. Steve Banks.

Alexander isn't good enough to be our number 1.

£6m is a reasonable price I suppose, but we should be holding out for more. Gordon went for £9m after all. I don't see why Newcastle want a new keeper? Is Given too injury prone?

We really need to sign a new keeper if we sell him. I can see us having Alexander as number 1 and signing a new back up - e.g. Steve Banks.

Alexander isn't good enough to be our number 1.

According to my brother, Given is on his way out (probably to Arsenal) so they see McGregor as the perfect replacement.

NEWCASTLE will have to offer major money if they want to prise Allan McGregor away from Rangers.

As SportTimes revealed yesterday, the Geordies want the Ibrox No.1 to replace Irish keeper Shay Given, who is set to be offloaded this summer in a purge of Newcastle high earners.

Contact has already been made through agents with McGregor's representative, Willie MacKay, to establish how much it will cost to lure the 26-year-old to Tyneside.

But Rangers will reject any offers around the £6million mark for the keeper, who had such an outstanding season last time around.

Spurs are also interested in signing McGregor at around £6m, but they are reluctant to pay much more than that figure for the man who has one Scotland cap.

But after selling Alan Hutton for £9m to the London giants, Rangers are well aware of the market prices down south and would be looking for well over £6m before they would even be tempted into doing any business.

McGregor is still on holiday recovering from an ankle problem and a minor tidy-up knee operation. But he would be interested in going to the Premiership, like Hutton, especially with the prospect of at least doubling his £12,000-a-week wage.

Toon boss Kevin Keegan - marginalised in transfer dealings by owner Mike Ashley, who can't believe the wage bill accounted for 73% of turnover last season - watched Rangers against Werder Bremen and Sporting Lisbon.

There has been speculation his target was McGregor's team-mate Carlos Cuellar. But, while Keegan was impressed by the big Spaniard, I understand Newcastle have no plans to make a summer move for the £9m-rated stopper.

Now, McGregor's future will be up for debate, although sources at Newcastle say any deal will have to hinge on the departure of Given.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...eep_your_6m.php

All these stories are terrible.

Liniked with crap players and all our good players linked away form us.

I think McGreggor is really important for us.

If it's a straight choice betweeen McGregor or Carlos to stay then Carlos wins hands down for me.

Well it's not m8.

Let's not think in such terms (tu)

wat ur sayin u wouldnt swap martins for mcgregor, get a grip oh reality instad oh yer cocks ya fannies,, hes a good keeper aye,but 12 million, rught guys, u know better eh :bouncy:

plus if our current number 2 is gonna be our first choice keeper next season we aint gonna get in europe

wat ur sayin u wouldnt swap martins for mcgregor, get a grip oh reality instad oh yer cocks ya fannies,, hes a good keeper aye,but 12 million, rught guys, u know better eh :bouncy:

plus if our current number 2 is gonna be our first choice keeper next season we aint gonna get in europe

EDITED