Carlos Cuellar or Barry Ferguson

papaguy51

Carlos or the Captain.  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you get rid of?

• Cuellar
    • Ferguson

A wee convo with TerryHurlock in another thread has made me think.

If you had to get rid of one player from our team, with a choice of either Barry Ferguson or Carlos Cuellar, who would it be and why?

For me, it's Ferguson. I'd keep Cuellar as he's absolutley vital to us. I don't think anyone could replace him.

And REMEMBER - the question is who would you get RID of, not who would you pick.

A wee convo with TerryHurlock in another thread has made me think.

If you had to get rid of one player from our team, with a choice of either Barry Ferguson or Carlos Cuellar, who would it be any why?

For me, it's Ferguson. I'd keep Cuellar as hes absolutley vital to us, I don't think anyone could replace him.

And REMEMBER - the question is who would you get RID of, not who would you pick.

:lol: saw this one coming!

Both on top form, I'd want Barry. We could have the best defence in the world but not win the league. Same goes vice versa but the defence is an easier area to sort out imo. :sgtg:

Carlos is the back bone of the side.

Without him i cant imagine how bad last season would have been

His defending was second to none last term. In terms of consistancy Carlos wrote the book.

The guy is an absolute machine and makes the hard look easy.

Sorry Barry but King Carlos is now the man!

A very tough question to answer. Carlos was easily our best player last season, but Ferguson has been our best player for long spells in the past. Neither would be easy to replace if we did lose one of them.

For me, Barry Ferguson has the biggest overall effect on our results, so I'd probably have to lose Carlos. :unsure:

Ask again after a few competitive games and you may get a whole lot of different results for this question though!

Can't understand some of you guys with your lack of respect for Barry,who even playing injured is easily our best player.

As much as I admire Carlos,he'd be out the door(we would pick up a excellent replacement with his transfer fee) before Barry.

Can't understand some of you guys with your lack of respect for Barry,who even playing injured is easily our best player.

As much as I admire Carlos,he'd be out the door(we would pick up a excellent replacement with his transfer fee) before Barry.

Just like we picked up an excellent replacement with Huttons transfer fee? :(

Aye, Christian Dailly :craphead:

Arguably we had an adequate replacement in Whittaker....

Even though Walter opted to play Broadfoot instead <cr>

Ferguson would be out the door immediately if that was the choice I had.

He's older of course and has some recurring injury problems. IMO, he's a long way from the player some on the board like to remember/portray him as.

I've know idea how badly we would have done without him in the last two years (mid-table perhaps, fighting for top 6?) but now he must be replaced as skipper and marshall of the midfield. His fitness just won't allow him to fulfill those roles any longer.

I voted to get rid of CC by accident, just so you know...

Tough one, because I think in the end Barry will probably turn out to have made the greater lifetime contribution to Rangers.

If I were asked to choose between Barry or CC for three years, I would definitely give you a stupid answer though...

[b]Sorry but it would definately have to be Barry to go. he showed at times a lack of consistency last term whereas Carlos was solid all year. Barry can sometimes look disinterested, not surprising though when playing alongside duffers like Broadfoot.