Rugby: it's a cultured sport

Ibroxblue

maybe if you had ever played it then you would understand. get a grip!

I have played it, and i stand by my original statement.

ok so have i and its much, much more physical than any other sport i have played so calling rugby be players poofs is a ridiculous statement!

maybe if you had ever played it then you would understand. get a grip!

I have played it, and i stand by my original statement.

ok so have i and its much, much more physical than any other sport i have played so calling rugby be players poofs is a ridiculous statement!

To be fair...it is a wee bit bent.

I was going to post something similar, rugby gets called the gentlemans sport, and the fans are portrayed as squeaky clean, as that they usually are compared to football fans, but you barely ever see footballers fighting like that on a park, and this has happened a few times lately

I was going to post something similar, rugby gets called the gentlemans sport, and the fans are portrayed as squeaky clean, as that they usually are compared to football fans, but you barely ever see footballers fighting like that on a park, and this has happened a few times lately

That is because footballers are poofs and are not allowed to swing their hand bags on the pitch (tu):craphead:

Rugby is a top quality sport and is unfairly judged, generally by people that don't give it a chance.

There is no arguing with the referee

There is no diving and playing for fouls.

If two players have a problem then they can sort it out on the pitch and it will generally not affect the outcome of the game (i.e getting sent off)

There is also the fact that they use TV evidence and there is NEVER any important decision given that is incorrect.

Football could learn a lot from our egg-shaped ball playing cousins

Yes, but they shake hands at the end of the game. Its part of the game, always has and always will be. The difference being people only go down when they are truly hurt. When you really think about footballers going down when hardly being touched, its really quite embarassing. Its cringe worthy.

That is because a footballer *cough* John Paintsil *cough* goes down with the slightest contact, there is no time for a good old fashioned brawl.

My dad told me (killie fan) that the original kilmarnock team in the first years played a mix of rugby and football :lol:

Don't mind rugby myself, definitly not a poofs game, i'd love to see C. Ronaldo come up against some of the rugby lads, he'd be owned in seconds :lol:

My brother is mates with Mark van Gisbergen of Wasps and really, the guy's professionalism and body conditioning puts a lot of footballers to shame.

I remember he once tackled me which resulted in my back nearly snapping in two. I've serious respect for these guys; true athletes.

My dad told me (killie fan) that the original kilmarnock team in the first years played a mix of rugby and football :lol:

Don't mind rugby myself, definitly not a poofs game, i'd love to see C. Ronaldo come up against some of the rugby lads, he'd be owned in seconds :lol:

Killie Rugby Club was formed a year before the football club. The football club were a group of people who decided rugby wasnt for them and broke away.

Killie Rugby Club was formed a year before the football club. The football club were a group of people who decided rugby wasnt for them and broke away.

Apparently neither are right :craphead:

The club's foundation dates to the very earliest days of organised football in Scotland, when a group of local cricketers looking for a sporting pursuit to occupy them outwith the cricket season formed a football club in 1869. Originally they played rugby rules, but the difficulty in organising fixtures and the growing influence of Queen's Park soon persuaded them to adopt the association code instead. These origins are reflected to this day by the name of the club's home ground - Rugby Park.

The club's foundation dates to the very earliest days of organised football in Scotland, when a group of local cricketers looking for a sporting pursuit to occupy them outwith the cricket season formed a football club in 1869. Originally they played rugby rules, but the difficulty in organising fixtures and the growing influence of Queen's Park soon persuaded them to adopt the association code instead. These origins are reflected to this day by the name of the club's home ground - Rugby Park.

Where did you get that from? Ive been to Bellsland many times and have seen a lot of stuff which shows killi rugby was formed in 1868, and the association team in 1869. Formed by rugby players.

Where did you get that from? Ive been to Bellsland many times and have seen a lot of stuff which shows killi rugby was formed in 1868, and the association team in 1869. Formed by rugby players.

Well thats Wikipedia for you :craphead: