Luke Moore

contacts

The 22 year old ex-England U21 internationalist is desperate to sign for Rangers. The deal will go through next week once players have left the club to release the funds. I think Aston Villa will get about £1.5 million but i'm not 100% on the transfer fee.

Anyone willing to bet me a cyber pint?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for passing that on mate. I assume this is after Cousin moves on.

No doubt Moore will get the 'Lazy b*stard!' treatment aswell...

We all change our minsd on things mate, you were a big fan of Boyd at one stage but now choose DC over him!

Ps. DC does not mean David Coulthard

We all change our minsd on things mate, you were a big fan of Boyd at one stage but now choose DC over him!

What do you mean, change our minds?

Well I'm sure there's many people who would have snogged Danny C post Lyon but now have a different opinion

Well I'm there's many people who would have snogged Danny C post Lyon but now have a different opinion

Okay... <cr>

cant say i would be that excited if we signed him. poor goalscoring record and the last couple of times i have seen him play for villa he hasnt done that well and missed a couple of very good chances. If he did start playing well for us we could potentially make millions out of him as epl sides would be fighting to sign him. Not sure i am willing to take the risk

LUKE Moore's hopes of a move away from Villa will be given a sympathetic ear by Martin O'Neill.

But the Villa boss has again insisted he would prefer to keep the troubled striker on his books.

Moore is looking for a move after turning down a contract mid-way through a season in which he has struggled to make any kind of impact.

With Gabriel Agbonlahor blazing a trail, Moore has been left behind and his record of one league goal in 15 appearances this season - including eight starts - saw him fail to make the bench against Reading.

Steve Coppell, the Reading manager, has been linked with a move for Moore, who is just short of his 22nd birthday and has bagged 15 goals in 98 Villa appearances, 57 of which have come off the bench.

But O'Neill is unaware of their interest. "That is news to me," he said.

"As I have said before I would prefer to keep people here, if at all possible, because we don't have a massive squad.

"I can understand people maybe wanting to play but I'll treat every case on its merit.

"If there are things that I think are going to be suitable for us, and for the player to be fair, then I will try and do it.

"It really has to be a two-way thing."

Dailly, Larsen and Moore for Hutton, Cousin and Buffel?

Nope I don't think Daily is any part of it although he may sign. I don't understand all the negativity aroung signing Daily as surely he is better the big Ugo.

Dailly, Larsen and Moore for Hutton, Cousin and Buffel?

Nope I don't think Daily is any part of it although he may sign. I don't understand all the negativity aroung signing Daily as surely he is better the big Ugo.

Yeah, I'm not really bothered about the signing at all, should it happen. Hes an experienced defender, like Ehiogu. We know his weaknesses, but hes just going to make up the numbers unless the worst happens.

LUKE Moore's hopes of a move away from Villa will be given a sympathetic ear by Martin O'Neill.

But the Villa boss has again insisted he would prefer to keep the troubled striker on his books.

Moore is looking for a move after turning down a contract mid-way through a season in which he has struggled to make any kind of impact.

With Gabriel Agbonlahor blazing a trail, Moore has been left behind and his record of one league goal in 15 appearances this season - including eight starts - saw him fail to make the bench against Reading.

Steve Coppell, the Reading manager, has been linked with a move for Moore, who is just short of his 22nd birthday and has bagged 15 goals in 98 Villa appearances, 57 of which have come off the bench.

But O'Neill is unaware of their interest. "That is news to me," he said.

"As I have said before I would prefer to keep people here, if at all possible, because we don't have a massive squad.

"I can understand people maybe wanting to play but I'll treat every case on its merit.

"If there are things that I think are going to be suitable for us, and for the player to be fair, then I will try and do it.

"It really has to be a two-way thing."

(td)

Player Profiles

Name: Luke Moore

Nationality: English

Date of Birth: 13/02/1986

Height: 5' 11" (180cm)

Weight: 11st 13lbs (75.81kg)

Previous

Clubs: Wycombe (loan)

Position: Striker

Luke Moore was a prolific goalscorer for Villa's Academy and reserve teams and, alongside brother Stefan, was a part of the FA Youth Cup-winning side in 2002.

He followed his sibling into the first team reckoning at Villa Park and scored his first Barclays Premiership goal in the 2-0 win over Middlesbrough in March 2005.

LAST SEASON

It was a season of sheer frustration for Luke Moore, who suffered a serious shoulder injury at the end of September and didn't return to first team duty until March.

The young striker had been troubled by his shoulder for some time but had played through the pain barrier until the match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, where he fell awkwardly and effectively put his season on hold.

He flew to America for treatment from the Cleveland Browns medical team, but Villa were denied the services of a player who had scored twice in the first eight games.

Moore had made his big breakthrough in 2005-06, scoring eight goals in 32 appearances, which made his extended spell of inactivity all the more annoying.

On his return to action, he had to settle for walk-on parts but it speaks volumes for his predatory instincts that he still scored twice in half-a-dozen late season substitute appearances.

Season 2007 - 08

Competition Apps

(as sub) Goals Yellow

Cards Red

Cards

League 8 (7) 1 1 0

FA Cup 0 (1) 0 0 0

League Cup 1 (1) 1 0 0

Career History:

Club Season Comp. Apps

(as sub) Goals

Aston Villa 2006 - 07 League 7 (6) 4

League Cup 1 (0) 0

Aston Villa 2005 - 06 League 16 (11) 8

FA Cup 3 (0) 0

League Cup 0 (2) 0

Aston Villa 2004 - 05 League 5 (20) 1

FA Cup 0 (1) 0

League Cup 0 (1) 0

Aston Villa 2003 - 04 League 0 (7) 0

Wycombe 2003 - 04 League 6 (0) 4

I won't even bat an eyelid over this until I see a source stating that he's signing for us.

No offence to the original poster, but these stories carry no weight on a forum unless you a) have a link to a source or b) are an established poster that is putting their 'reputation' on the line by saying something will happen.