Who are the prima donnas ?

D'Artagnan

One again the appointment of a new manager, who has brought in fresh talent, has failed to wrestle the championship back from the east end of Glasgow...and while this season has a long way to go the signs are looking slightly ominous already.

We brought in a manger of superb European pedigree in Le Guen...who himself was brought in to replace the beleagured Alex McLeish...it would be fair to say the formers time in charge was something of a disaster. As our club lurched from crisis to criiss SDM brought back the dream team of Walter and Ally. Whilst the ship has been steadied somewhat there is still a massive sense of under achievement.

Why are all these manager's failing ?

After a poor Rangers performance at Livingston Big Eck stated...

''I have players in that dressing room who just don't hear me anymore.''

One wonders exactly what the significance of that comment was.

But alarmingly his successor seems to have encountered the same problem. An unknown clique of players appeared to be "ruling the roost" which is the Rangers dressing room.

4 weeks before the Le Guen departure, John Brown stated...

''The same players who downed tools under McLeish have done the same thing again''

Which makes me wonder is there a clique of players at Ibrox who are exerting an unhealthy influence at our club ? If so who are they ?

These managers are failing because Celtic have been better than us overall since MON took over.

The barometer of success in this country is not about being 'great', it's about being better than your Old Firm rivals.

Whoever is, wins the league.

It really is that simple.

These managers are failing because Celtic have been better than us overall since MON took over.

The barometer of success in this country is not about being 'great', it's about being better than your Old Firm rivals.

Whoever is, wins the league.

It really is that simple.

id agree with that

I have to say I was thinking more about players who were at the club during the reign of all 3 managers - what I failed to consider is the likes of McCulloch or Broadfoot who may have joined an established clique.

Danny - its easy to dismiss our failings in terms of they have been better than us....what then do you think about John Brown's comment ?

I have to say I was thinking more about players who were at the club during the reign of all 3 managers - what I failed to consider is the likes of McCulloch or Broadfoot who may have joined an established clique.

Danny - its easy to dismiss our failings in terms of they have been better than us....what then do you think about John Brown's comment ?

Not a lot. I understand Brown wasn't liked at Ibrox after he quit - a bit of a bully while he was there coaching the reserves apparently. I also think he probably had a good reason to speak ill of the new regime - given he quit/was fired 3 weeks after it started. Sour grapes?

Great player for us, but I think his reputation lost a little sparkle once he hung his boots up.

One again the appointment of a new manager, who has brought in fresh talent, has failed to wrestle the championship back from the east end of Glasgow...and while this season has a long way to go the signs are looking slightly ominous already.

We brought in a manger of superb European pedigree in Le Guen...who himself was brought in to replace the beleagured Alex McLeish...it would be fair to say the formers time in charge was something of a disaster. As our club lurched from crisis to criiss SDM brought back the dream team of Walter and Ally. Whilst the ship has been steadied somewhat there is still a massive sense of under achievement.

But alarmingly his successor seems to have encountered the same problem. An unknown clique of players appeared to be "ruling the roost" which is the Rangers dressing room.

''The same players who downed tools under McLeish have done the same thing again''

Which makes me wonder is there a clique of players at Ibrox who are exerting an unhealthy influence at our club ? If so who are they ?

Barry seems to be the ring leader. When he is fit he picks the team and all his pals get in - Shagger, Boyd, McCulloch etc.

If Rangers as a club are to move forward we need to get rid of the manager and captain IMO.

Not a lot. I understand Brown wasn't liked at Ibrox after he quit - a bit of a bully while he was there coaching the reserves apparently. I also think he probably had a good reason to speak ill of the new regime - given he quit/was fired 3 weeks after it started. Sour grapes?

Great player for us, but I think his reputation lost a little sparkle once he hung his boots up.

Hmmmmmm

That could be a favourable hypothesis had such comments been said in isolation. However when you have Eck also saying much the same thing.....it adds considerable weight to the arguement.

My god the witch hunt gets earlier every year maybe we should start pre season and get it out the way I’m total discussed at my fellow Rangers supporters who would rather jump on a bandwagon than see a season out and support their team through thick and thin well lets face 7 points is a mountain to climb and midway though the month of December it is almost mathematically imposable to over come. Shame on the quitters I will never give up on our team or try to apportion blame until the season is behind us, or do we just give lip service to “No Surrender “ now

My god the witch hunt gets earlier every year maybe we should start pre season and get it out the way I’m total discussed at my fellow Rangers supporters who would rather jump on a bandwagon than see a season out and support their team through thick and thin well lets face 7 points is a mountain to climb and midway though the month of December it is almost mathematically imposable to over come. Shame on the quitters I will never give up on our team or try to apportion blame until the season is behind us, or do we just give lip service to “No Surrender “ now

CD...

Just say "No"

Sayno.gif

Hmmmmmm

That could be a favourable hypothesis had such comments been said in isolation. However when you have Eck also saying much the same thing.....it adds considerable weight to the arguement.

I'm not sure. Eck could have been meaning anyone. And remember he had an excellent spell as Scotland boss during which he coached 2 of the players being referred to in this thread - the same problems didn't seem to exist there if it's the same 2 players.

Furthermore, he could just have been using Eck's comments to damage the club a little - I suspect Brown holds a bit of a grudge at the manner of his exit.

Far less likely to say something positive about the club these days.

If someone else knows better I will bow to their more insightful inside knowledge.

(one last thing - DA also 'lost the dressing room' thanks to apparent favouritism on his part. We cannot always assume dressing room breakdowns are always the fault of players or cliques)

we don't have much to go on all we can do is speculate if this is the problem

Rumours about Ferguson only inviting the Scottish lads out on the teams Christmas night out..

Rumours about the Scottish lads not passing to Sebo in training..

Rumours about Dado Prso confronting Barry Ferguson in training due to the "clique" he was leading..

Jean-Michel Aulas' "tounge in cheek" comment before the Lyon game about offering Ferguson and his mates wine..

The Ian McGuinness saga..

Sorry, there's just been far too many allegations for me not to believe that there is some sort of xenophobia related clique inside Ibrox.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2949489

Little gang of them consistnig of Adam, Fergie, Boyd, McCulloch, Novo and another (don;t remember per drunkeness).

I say no more.

wee barry back pass and his big boyfriend boydy. things would have changed for the better had leguen been allowed to get rid of them. the guy was given no respect. if players won't follow a managers instructions and listen to him how does anyone expect the team to win? when murray let leguen leave because of ferguson he made a big, big error.

tell fergie and his little gang to fuck off to the championship which is all most of them are good for.

(i forgot fergie can't live away from the west of scotland, he can sign for hamilton, st mirren or even celtic where he can hang out with his good friend lennon.)

wee barry back pass and his big boyfriend boydy. things would have changed for the better had leguen been allowed to get rid of them. the guy was given no respect. if players won't follow a managers instructions and listen to him how does anyone expect the team to win? when murray let leguen leave because of ferguson he made a big, big error.

tell fergie and his little gang to fuck off to the championship which is all most of them are good for.

(i forgot fergie can't live away from the west of scotland, he can sign for hamilton, st mirren or even celtic where he can hang out with his good friend lennon.)

Different culture's = different methods. methods that don't fit the scottish mentality. We're men not pussies. It would never have worked....