Lafferty refund?

LegendofCoop

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll come good, very good I reckon, once he's given a run up front.

He's still young and he's been played out of position for most of his time on the pitch so far. Far too early to be making rash judgements on him.

This he's too young patter is alot of shite he's 21 old enough i think

the way you talking he is about 18 or something the guy is not going to come good at all why do people keep saying this what has he done with his other club before us nothing.. so why is he going to become good in a team were he isnt going to get a game every week like he was at burnley.

So its his fault he's not been given a run of games in his proper position ?

Novo gets played out of position even prso when he was hear and even wee fleck gets played out of postion i dont see anyone saying these players should be playing in there right position because these players can play out of position why cant Lafferty????

Still do not believe he will ever be a goalscoring striker; slow thought,poor control and lack of instinctive strikers movement.

He has done well when brought on late in games against tiring defences when played through the middle but the Dundee Utd game summed him up for me; Davis played the ball through expecting Lafferty to make the striking run but he stood still.Then the ball came to him with only the keeper to beat, a striker would have smashed it first time or controlled and shot but he stpped the ball, pushed it in front of him, steadied and then took the shot by which time the keeper recovered and blocked the shot with defenders now back on the line. Even his goal he did the same thing; stopped the ball, pushed it in front and put it into the net with the type of action I would expect from a woman that doesn,t know how to kick the ball.

That apart his control is shocking and the number of times he lost the ball was a disgrace.Another player for whom we payed well over the odds for ability shown.

What about his finish against Hearts? Dundee at Tannadice? The one against united that was wrongly chopped off?

I'm sure he showed the technique a ST has when he scored them

Give the fella some time and cut him some slack

Who gives a damn about Boyd, what relevance does he have to this thread? Every Bears' Dean thread he's mentioned in.

Who gives a damn about our top scorer??? <cr> Most people want him to be given a run of games up front.....instead of Boyd. Sorry, but you'll have to accept that comparisons will have to be made, and you can't do that without mentioning KB!

Still do not believe he will ever be a goalscoring striker; slow thought,poor control and lack of instinctive strikers movement.

He has done well when brought on late in games against tiring defences when played through the middle but the Dundee Utd game summed him up for me; Davis played the ball through expecting Lafferty to make the striking run but he stood still.Then the ball came to him with only the keeper to beat, a striker would have smashed it first time or controlled and shot but he stpped the ball, pushed it in front of him, steadied and then took the shot by which time the keeper recovered and blocked the shot with defenders now back on the line. Even his goal he did the same thing; stopped the ball, pushed it in front and put it into the net with the type of action I would expect from a woman that doesn,t know how to kick the ball.

That apart his control is shocking and the number of times he lost the ball was a disgrace.Another player for whom we payed well over the odds for ability shown.

There was a moment in the second half yesterday when he got the ball passed to him and it was as if it went through his legs yet he was standing still and the ball just passed him by, his first touch is as good as boyds and he won very few balls in the air, he was trying to be direct with his running at times which was a positive but 9 times out of 10 he was running right into the opposition and losing the ball. Some people think that playing in a different position to your natural position makes you exempt from criticism about aspects of a player that arent position dependant, eg, If kris boyd was playing on the wing, people would still say things like he has a poor first touch, cant win a ball in the air, is lazy, is not direct enough, so what lets lafferty of the hook? A £3.5Million youth player should be expected to be able to have a good first touch and show good skills on the ball, his awareness of players is still shocking but that would come with regular matches

Who gives a damn about Boyd, what relevance does he have to this thread? Every Bears' Dean thread he's mentioned in.

Well Boyd...top goal scorer one us two cups last year with his goals and put us top of the league this year on his goals

Boyd has got everything to do with it Boyd is the reason why Lafferty is playing out of position.

He's still young and he's been played out of position for most of his time on the pitch so far. Far too early to be making rash judgements on him.

the way you talking he is about 18 or something the guy is not going to come good at all why do people keep saying this what has he done with his other club before us nothing.. so why is he going to become good in a team were he isnt going to get a game every week like he was at burnley.

Novo gets played out of position even prso when he was hear and even wee fleck gets played out of postion i dont see anyone saying these players should be playing in there right position because these players are playing good these players can play out of position why cant Lafferty????

First of all , Your spelling is fucking terrible :lol: Get it sorted (tu).

Second of all , Prso and Novo both played alot of games in their proper position so it's impossible to compare the two as Lafferty has not , He's put in alot of good performances for us and scored a few goals in process.

He's not the instant superstar you expected but give the lad some time , Wait untill he gets a decent run of matches in his proper position untill you judge him.

the guy is not going to come good at all

And you know this how?

How many games has he played, how many is his proper position, how many from the start....?

He played better than Kris Boyd yesterday and certainly wasn't the worst player in a Rangers jersey.

any good football player can play any where he gets told to play and even Lafferty would tell you this..

Probably the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard from you and that takes some beating.

How did Martin Skrtel play at RB against Middlesborough?

Brahim Hemdani at the back?

Steven Gerrard at LB when he was only 19?

Raul Tamudo on the left wing for Espanyol during the 2004-05 season on a few occassions?

Hakan Yakin as a make shift holding midfielder during his time at Basel?

Teemu Tainio at left and right back under Juande Ramos?

They didn't like it one bit, they played there and did not play well at all, Tainio and Yakin even hit out at their managers for it. Playing out of position affects a player - although Lafferty has played there quite a lot through-out his short career, he is not a winger and that is obvious for everyone to see.

Novo gets played out of position even prso when he was hear and even wee fleck gets played out of postion i dont see anyone saying these players should be playing in there right position because these players are playing good these players can play out of position why cant Lafferty????

Second of all , Prso and Novo both played alot of games in their proper position so it's impossible to compare the two as Lafferty has not , He's put in alot of good performances for us and scored a few goals in process.

He's not the instant superstar you expected but give the lad some time , Wait untill he gets a decent run of matches in his proper position untill you judge him.

I never expected him to be a super star as i dont really expect any one smith signs to be a superstar

I never expected him to be a super star as i dont really expect any one smith signs to be a superstar

Will you stop hitting out with the stuff you think people want to hear , Laffertys being played out of posistion. You can't judge him on that.

And you know this how?

How many games has he played, how many is his proper position, how many from the start....?

He played better than Kris Boyd yesterday and certainly wasn't the worst player in a Rangers jersey.

any good football player can play any where he gets told to play and even Lafferty would tell you this..

Probably the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard from you and that takes some beating.

Raul Tamudo on the left wing for Espanyol during the 2004-05 season on a few occassions?

They didn't like it one bit, they played there and did not play well at all, Tainio and Yakin even hit out at their managers for it. Playing out of position affects a player - although Lafferty has played there quite a lot through-out his short career, he is not a winger and that is obvious for everyone to see.

right we say Lafferty is being played in the wrong position but he is playing on the left wing and he is left footed what is the problem what did he do up front for burnley??? noting

I dont know why people are still thinking he is going to be good

he runs with the ball then he doesnt have a clue what to do when he's near the box so he turns round and passes it back.

Thats a player that does not have the ability to be a good foward

Will you stop hitting out with the stuff you think people want to hear , Laffertys being played out of posistion. You can't judge him on that.

Noone expected him to be a super star did u

and im no saying what I Think people want to hear :mutley:

Noone expected him to be a super star did u

and im no saying what people want to hear :mutley:

Nope but I've seen enough from him to be satisfied if he gets a decent run upfront he will do well and not just label him as pish because he didn't make an impact on the team instantly.

And you know this how?

right we say Lafferty is being played in the wrong position but he is playing on the left wing and he is left footed what is the problem what did he do up front for burnley??? noting

he runs with the ball then he doesnt have a clue what to do when he's near the box so he turns round and passes it back.

You are thick as shit

Lafferty right-footed ST playing LW

His run in the first half where he got a shot away from the edge of the box tells me he doesnt pass it back all the time

And he played a handful of matches upfront for Burnley so dont bring that into it

And you know this how?

You are thick as shit

His run in the first half where he got a shot away from the edge of the box tells me he doesnt pass it back all the time

And he played a handful of matches upfront for Burnley so dont bring that into it

Right sorry thought he was left footed

but you must be thick as shit if you think this guy is going to be good

no ive not seen him playing for northan ireland but know he scores alot more for them but thats different.

And you know this how?

You are thick as shit

no ive not seen him playing for northan ireland but know he scores alot more for them but thats different.

How exactly is it different ? Harder ?

what a goal against hearts , dundee united, and who ever else he's scored against but im sure there the only teams hes scored against

your satisfied Easily

Not too mention his countless good performances ;).

And his enthusiasm and workrate

His constant pressure on defences, his ability to drive at defences and a good goalscoring record considering the time hes had on the pitch and the position hes played

And you know this how?

You are thick as shit

Hows it different?

Because he is playing upfront? Something he doesnt get the chance to do for us