Lafferty refund?

LegendofCoop

And how many of the 83 times did Kyle Lafferty play in his proper position, upfront?

DONT HAVE A CLUE BUT 89 GAMES AND 10 GOALS

:anguish:

He was played out of position, out on the left in a tougher league than the SPL at a team who were not as good as the top clubs - do you expect him to have a great scoring record?

How many goals has Stewart Downing got for Boro - 17 in 170.

Ricardo Quaresma had 24 in 124 games for Porto.

Aaron Lennon for Spurs - 10 in 108.

Kris Commons at Forest - 32 in 138.

Gary McSheffrey at Birmingham - 16 - 87.

Victor Moses has something like 3 or 4 in 30 odd games.

Lafferty found himself out of position and as a sub so compare his record to a lot of players and it's not that bad - a winger is not always about scoring goals. Lafferty is pretty much one footed, that's why you never see him hitting the bye-line, he never did it at Burnley and he wont do it at Rangers - he likes to run with the ball, cut inside and have a shot on goal.

How long did it take you to find this ffs you cannot compare Lafferty to someone like Aaron Lennon or Stewart Downing

if Lafferty is as good as you make out smith would drop Boyd and put Lafferty in there.

he's the one that sees him in training even Mcoist doent pick him for cup games

About 2 seconds.

You can't complare Lafferty to Lennon, Downing or Quaresma but they are better players who play out wide and look at their goal to games ratio and work it out.

Look at the wingers in the Championship, look at their stats.

I can't be fucked talking about Boyd but over the last few weeks, Lafferty deserves to start ahead of him. Wally trusted him ahead of both Miller and Boyd in the last Old Firm. He's also been injured through-out the season.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many of the 83 times did Kyle Lafferty play in his proper position, upfront?

He was played out of position, out on the left in a tougher league than the SPL at a team who were not as good as the top clubs - do you expect him to have a great scoring record?

Lafferty found himself out of position and as a sub so compare his record to a lot of players and it's not that bad - a winger is not always about scoring goals. Lafferty is pretty much one footed, that's why you never see him hitting the bye-line, he never did it at Burnley and he wont do it at Rangers - he likes to run with the ball, cut inside and have a shot on goal.

How long did it take you to find this ffs you cannot compare Lafferty to someone like Aaron Lennon or Stewart Downing

if Lafferty is as good as you make out smith would drop Boyd and put Lafferty in there.

About 2 seconds.

You can't complare Lafferty to Lennon, Downing or Quaresma but they are better players who play out wide and look at their goal to games ratio and work it out.

I can't be fucked talking about Boyd but over the last few weeks, Lafferty deserves to start ahead of him. Wally trusted him ahead of both Miller and Boyd in the last Old Firm. He's also been injured through-out the season.

Too be fair though lafferty's general football ability was terrible today.

About 2 seconds.

Also another Inury Prone player smith has signed for us fucking brill walter

:clap:

i dont need to behave myself, the facts speak for thelmselves

look at boyds goals to games ratio, sorry if you cant accept it

Aye hatricks against the dross, tell me one meaningful goal or performance aginst the mhanks, or anyone else with a half decent defence??

Go on, enlighten me!

Aye hatricks against the dross, tell me one menaingful goal or performance gainst the mhanks, or nayone else with a half decent defence??

Go on, enlighten me!

Well if he didnt score these goals against the dross no one else would and we wouldnt be where we are the now. would we.

I thought he had a good spell then went quiet. He also cut inside too much but I mentioned that above, went back (on a few occassions that was down to lack of options) and had some poor touches, he's simply not a left winger and Wally knows this, so why does he continue to play him out there?

Poor management.

Aye hatricks against the dross, tell me one menaingful goal or performance gainst the mhanks, or nayone else with a half decent defence??

Go on, enlighten me!

3-0 aberdeen 3 goals from boyd

2-0 hibs easter road, 2 goals boyd,

2-0 hearts, 2 goals boyd,

4-1 tannadice, boyd hat trick

2-1 killie this season 2 boyd goals

3-1 killie this season at ibrox again, gets our equaliser, plays important part in the second

I remember some pretty meaningful goals in cup finals last year :unsure:

scored plenty "meaningful" goals, he can only play what is out in front of him, now getting back onto LAFFERTY, had Lafferty scored the goals that would have justified his position upfront in the team regularly, would the argument go against him if he never scored against celtic? (which he never)

A dont wish to discuss Boyd.

why u would rather talk about a player that struggles to even get a decent shot on goal

but boyd who gets us all the goals nahh dont dont talk about him. he worthless useless etc.

Lafferty shots today were embaressing tip tap shiet fucking blast the thing and hit the target .

About 2 seconds.

I'd hardly call him injury prone. He's 21, in his 4 seasons of playing professional football he's managed 131 games - what's that, 32/33 a season - not bad.

He's just been unlucky at Rangers, doesn't help when the Rangers medical staff diagnosed him wrongly at the start of the season.

Go on, enlighten me!

Well if he didnt score these goals against the dross no one else would and we wouldnt be where we are the now. would we.

Bullshit!

If we cant beat the dross in the SPL then we might as well chuck it.

Look Boyd has been amazing value for 400K but how many titles have we won with him in the side.

Some folk cant see the woods for the trees. He does NOT win you the games you need to win in order to win the league. Ask any Tim who they would rather face, I cast iron guarentee you they will always say Boyd.

He is completely incacpable against better defences and propbably one of the easiest to mark out the game in the history of football!

Im no Boyd hater, far from it, but have the savvy to know her cannot play in the bigger tighter games. I am also not alone in this opinion, you will find more more knowledgable men than me in agreement. Guys like Walter smith, George Burley, Paul le Guen and even Jim jeffries who took to dropping him against the mhanks.

We cant all be wrong surely? :rolleyes:

About 2 seconds.

I'd hardly call him injury prone. He's 21, in his 4 seasons of playing professional football he's managed 131 games - what's that, 32/33 a season - not bad.

He's just been unlucky at Rangers, doesn't help when the Rangers medical staff diagnosed him wrongly at the start of the season.

Emm no dont think the rangers docs come into this here

he had a hip op before he came to Rangers

thats usually the kind of players that are injury prone when they start to have big op's like this

and he will always have problems with injurys