The CIS Cup Final

papaguy51

I don't know how you all feel about it, but I'm strongly of the opinion that a win for either us or them in the final will be a key factor in who wins the league.

It's not just a cup up for stake - confidence, pride and the possibility of a treble loom large.

We really, really, really need to win this one. I know we have a few games before it, but this is going to be an absolutely massive game.

Yep, the fact we're playing Celtic means there's more at steak than the trophy itself. Certainly whoever wins it SHOULD get a great confidence booster from winning a cup by beating your rivals, there's no guarantees obviously and i don't think the league winners will be decided by the final.

Massive game, i tend to just think about the next game but i admit i'm looking forward to this.

We're fans, we're not paid £10k a week to keep our minds on one game.

I just decided to take advantage of this :pipe:

True. :craphead:

Hopefully the tickets arrive tomorrow, even though we registered the special delivery option i'm still nervous about them getting lost in the mail. :anguish::pipe: I know you went to the semi-final Papa, any chance of a final ticket for yourself?

We're fans, we're not paid £10k a week to keep our minds on one game.

I just decided to take advantage of this :pipe:

True. :craphead:

Hopefully the tickets arrive tomorrow, even though we registered the special delivery option i'm still nervous about them getting lost in the mail. :anguish::pipe: I know you went to the semi-final Papa, any chance of a final ticket for yourself?

Sadly not :(

It's never been a 'diddy cup' in my eyes and that fact that we play celtc in the final makes it even more important!

It did get classed as 'the Diddy Cup' from the four we were going after last year though.

I'm just hoping that no-one takes it so lightly this year.

It's never been a 'diddy cup' in my eyes and that fact that we play celtc in the final makes it even more important!

It did get classed as 'the Diddy Cup' from the four we were going after last year though.

Lowest priority yes, that can't be denied, but certainly not a 'diddy cup.'

Aye, but when you're in the pub, you can't be arsed saying 'Lowest priority trophy'.

It always gets called the 'Diddy Cup', shortly before you start oggling the ladies again :pipe:

Aye, but when you're in the pub, you can't be arsed saying 'Lowest priority trophy'.

It always gets called the 'Diddy Cup', shortly before you start oggling the ladies again :pipe:

I wouldn't know about these activities. :pipe:

:crab: will teach you.

:crab: will teach you.

:lol:

Its been a while since we have had these fuckers at Hampden, we have a good recent record v them there mind you. It could give is a huge psychological boost for the league if we beat them.

hope its a good game and beat them and that will shut them up.

I know you are not naive enough to think that if we beat them they will shut now minstral!!

The ref will be to blame, or the linesman, or them big bad proddy cheatin bassas, or the famine song, or the billy boys, or perhaps even Strachan, but shut them up, never!!

The only people who refer to the League Cup as the diddy cup are the tims, who are jealous of our phenomenal success rate in it, compared to theirs. We have 25 wins - they have about 13. Although interestingly enough, they made the final 14 years in a row, but lost most of them. Where is my wee red book when I need it?

Anyway, it might not decide who wins the league, but it sure as hell will have a big bearing in who wins the treble!

Not a diddy cup in my eyes - we have had great success over the years in it and i would rather have it our trophy room than theirs..... i would rather have the day out in the final than them cunts getting a day oot for it.....this year its soo much sweeter that we have them and hopefully it will give the players a good boost by winning it and the possibility of a treble after last year, the quadruple being a possibility with 3 or so games to go....

It will give us a right boost going into the last few games before the split....then a wee break and lets BRING THIS TITLE HOME!!!

No Surrender!

Not a diddy cup in my eyes - we have had great success over the years in it and i would rather have it our trophy room than theirs..... i would rather have the day out in the final than them cunts getting a day oot for it.....this year its soo much sweeter that we have them and hopefully it will give the players a good boost by winning it and the possibility of a treble after last year, the quadruple being a possibility with 3 or so games to go....

It will give us a right boost going into the last few games before the split....then a wee break and lets BRING THIS TITLE HOME!!!

No Surrender!

:uk:

It is not a diddy cup when the final is against them, but if we are in with a chance of the treble, it magnifies the trophy still further.

The two previous old firm league cup finals in this cup I have seen were both very nervous affairs. Gough's extra-time winner in 1990 was my first OF cup final and will live long in the memory. The other one formed part of big Eck's treble in 2003, where the scum missed a last minute penalty to hand us the cup and dump their big-mouthed quadruple talks. They would go on to win nothing that season hee-hee, and the treble made up for the Zizkov disaster (sound similar to this season??)

So a victory in an old firm league cup final can inspire a team onwards to a treble, and defeat can result in no trophies for that season. I am not saying that this season will follow this model, but I would not be surprised if this proves to be the case.