***The Official Rangers v Hearts Thread***

Muff

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding it hard to care.

And Aaron won't start. Too young and not Scottish enough.

Oh, and he's also below 12st, which rules him out.

Head up papa

Why?

I'm sick of continual disappointment.

Maybe if I expect us to lose, I won't be as bothered.

Perhaps just not believe we have a divine right to hump everyone and win everything?

My Gers club r cumin over for this and staying over! good night in the town after we beat hearts! Their strike force is grim! Shud be a free 1 for us! but the heads mite be dropped after sunday! Thats up to walter to get them going again! so i dont really no how we r gonna cum out and play! Cum on the gers lets get the league FFS!!

We will win 2-0....pretty confident of it. Celtic will then drop points at Dundee United :541:

(tu) I share your optimism.

EDIT: Ah, fook. A Dailly inclusion above. My optimism is diminishing.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :dailly :bougherra:: :papac:

:davis: :ferguson: :mendes: :mcculloch:

:boyd: :miller:

Lets get into this mob Rangers!!

Please tell me what McCulloch brings to the team, in your opinion, at left midfield?

we depserately need to win this one , and win big to send a message back to them bastards that this league is gonna be ours. and we need the league this year. no ifs or buts, we NEED the league, and it's in our hands. surely if anyone SHOULD be able to handle pressure its rangers football club. these next few weeks and months are crucial, and i think we're gonna put 3 or 4 past the hearts on saturday.

realistically though, if dailly & mcculloch are playing, i'd take three points in any form from this game now

squabbles to the side, is there any reason why you would go with this side edward?

Please tell me what McCulloch brings to the team, in your opinion, at left midfield?

I think for this particular game we need some height and a physical presense in the team.

I like Lee at left mid and i feel it's his best position. He gives us another ariel threat at set-pieces and he is more than capable of chipping in with a goal. He also gives us the option of playing it long which worked so well last season. He is also decent with the ball at his feet and is knowhere near as bad as people try and make out. It may not be pretty at times but it gets results. Hearts are a big physical team and this may just be the game for the big man.

I look at each game individually and for this particular game that is the team i would select.

If Walter doesn't agree with me and picks a different team then that's fine, i will still give the boys my 100% support.

I think for this particular game we need some height and a physical presense in the team.

I like Lee at left mid and i feel it's his best position. He gives us another ariel threat at set-pieces and he is more than capable of chipping in with a goal. He also gives us the option of playing it long which worked so well last season. He is also decent with the ball at his feet and is knowhere near as bad as people try and make out. It may not be pretty at times but it gets results. Hearts are a big physical team and this may just be the game for the big man.

I look at each game individually and for this particular game that is the team i would select.

If Walter doesn't agree with me and picks a different team then that's fine, i will still give the boys my 100% support.

Lee doesnt have a position he is a awful awful awful footballer. Arieal threat he is poor in the air gives away free kicks when he jumps. Chipping in with a goal how many has he scored since he joined? Decent with the ball at his feet he is a terrible passer, poor touch, poor positioning and gets in the way of others.

Walters team will be

-------------Boyd---------------

Mendes-----Miller-----Davis-----Alexanda

Daily-----Lafferty----Mcgregor---Edu

------------Himself----Mcoist----------

surely lafferty would be on the right or up front?

squabbles to the side, is there any reason why you would go with this side edward?

Personally i think in a home spl game the team usually picks itself.

IMO the only positions up for debate are centre back, left mid, and up front.

Weir and Kirk may both be out so i'd play Dailly.

For this particular game i'd play Mcculloch on the left.

I would play the Boyd & Miller partnership in every home game apart from maybe Celtic.

--------------------McGregor---------------------

--Whittaker--Bougherra--Broadfoot--Papac--

-------------Davis----Mendes------------------

------Aaron-------------------Beasley---------

-------------Lafferty---Novo--------------------

Personally i think in a home spl game the team usually picks itself.

IMO the only positions up for debate are centre back, left mid, and up front.

Weir and Kirk may both be out so i'd play Dailly.

For this particular game i'd play Mcculloch on the left.

I would play the Boyd & Miller partnership in every home game apart from maybe Celtic.

id throw aaron on the left and play lafferty up there with miller.

--------------------McGregor---------------------

--Whittaker--Bougherra--Broadfoot--Papac--

-------------Davis----Mendes------------------

------Aaron-------------------Beasley---------

-------------Lafferty---Novo--------------------

Like the look of that (tu)

He also gives us the option of playing it long which worked so well last season. He is also decent with the ball at his feet and is knowhere near as bad as people try and make out. It may not be pretty at times but it gets results. Hearts are a big physical team and this may just be the game for the big man.

The option of playing it long? With McCulloch out there it won't be an option, it'll be the tactic they will resort too. It's lazy, predictable and far too often we give possession away from it. We don't need the long ball, we have the personnel to pass through these teams; it's a shame that we've only seen glimpses of it throughout the season though. And I don't understand the inclusion of Dailly? I'm not a massive fan of Broadfoot but compared to Dailly, he's not too bad a CB. Dailly is slow, clumsy, doesn't win enough of the aerial battles and he's featured once since Falkirk at the start of the season. I'd much rather go with an inexperienced but exuberant youth like Wilson over Dailly.

McCulloch up against Robbie Nielsen - I'd rather have someone who has the ability to control a ball, a bit of pace in his locker, beat a man and pull Nielson out of position. Someone who will bring a bit of width and pace to the side....Nielson is not bad in the air - with McCulloch out there the constant long ball to the left will occur. Get Beasley, Naismith, Aaron, Fleck or Novo out there. Plus McCulloch is a shitebag and tends to hide when played on the left.

A midfield consisting Davis, Ferguson, Mendes and McCulloch is awful - no pace and no width.

Let's set up ou team to take on Hearts not worry about them - something our manager does most games.