"My own personal opinion is that Kyle is a centre-forward rather than a left-mid

Boab

Good movement, loses the ball too often by trying to do it all on his own(as he did in reserve games), still do not think he is a natural goalscorer and will struggle against better teams in that aspect. BUT, his movement and tireless running will create space and opportunities for others unlike Boyd, so I was pleasantly surprised by his performance and impressed with his attitude.

I think the price tag is what drags him down.

£3.5 million was it?

Suffering from same thing that Flo suffered from.

At least with Boyd you can say that his £400k price tag is what you get :craphead:

some would probably argue that boyd is suffering from it though :P

Lafferty and Miller were both fantastic today. Their understanding of each others game was quite clear to see, when Miller flicked that ball and Lafferty was just short of scoring at the back post. If Lafferty Had been 7ft instead of 6ft he'd have scored it.

He does need to build some upper body strength if he wants to be truely effective in that position. He won't bully McManus and Caldwell at the weekend, like Cousin did earlier in the season but I hope he and Miller are given the chance together to stretch the Celtic defence.

Good movement, loses the ball too often by trying to do it all on his own(as he did in reserve games), still do not think he is a natural goalscorer and will struggle against better teams in that aspect. BUT, his movement and tireless running will create space and opportunities for others unlike Boyd, so I was pleasantly surprised by his performance and impressed with his attitude.

How do you define a "natural goalscorer"? Pretty much every time Lafferty has been in a position to score for us, he's stuck the ball in the back of the net - I can only remember a couple of misses tbh. He looks a very composed finisher to me.

Granted, his record doesn't show a prolific scorer, but he seems to have spent a lot of time at left mid where it's difficult to score a lot (unless you're Ronaldo)

He gets a start upfront and scores 2 goals

Who said he cant finish? His first was taken well and the touch to take the ball away from the keeper was great

Needs a run of games upfront though and should start next week

How do you define a "natural goalscorer"? Pretty much every time Lafferty has been in a position to score for us, he's stuck the ball in the back of the net - I can only remember a couple of misses tbh. He looks a very composed finisher to me.

Granted, his record doesn't show a prolific scorer, but he seems to have spent a lot of time at left mid where it's difficult to score a lot (unless you're Ronaldo)

Just my opinion and impression, to me he does not look to have the quick reactions, speed of thought, quick control,quick feet, positioning, instinctive runs of a goalscorer. He does look as if he can lead the line and will,as we have seen, get goals but not the number of goals that would class him as a striker in the goalscoring term.

"My own personal opinion is that Kyle is a centre-forward rather than a left-midfielder and I feel he will develop into a very good one.

And it only took half a season for him to realise that <cr> ... God help us!!

would rather wait until he plays more games before i make up my mind.

(tu)

10 starts

7 goals

Not a bad record and i think he looked far more at home up top today again. Even when he broke out wide, he was more effective than when he is playing out there, if that makes sense.

Think he will start nxt week (tu)

Not Laffertys fault we paid WAY over the odds for him. I think he has loads of potential but i think it will be next year before we start to see the best of him and only if hes played as a centre forward. He is not a left winger at all. 7 goals in 9 or 10 starts and a dozen or so sub appearences isnt a bad return. How many of those sub appearences were less than 10mins as well? He might have only got 4-5 games worth of time on the pitch in those sub appearences. That nearly a goal every 2 games worth of time on the pitch. Not bad considering the majority of his time has been spent on the left wing and even on the right wing in a couple of games. He works far harder than boyd will ever do and his movement is good as well. First touch is poor at times and his reading of the game could be better at times but hes only 21 so hes plenty of time to improve. Remember naismith only scored 5 goals his entire first season for us. Of course he was injured in april i think it was but he still had 15 starts and 14 sub appearences which is more than lafferty has had so far. Naismith was one of the most promising scottish players when we bought him and lafferty has outscored him in only his first season in scottish football. If we had only paid £2m for lafferty like we did for naismith i doubt he would have got half the criticism he gets.

Actually Boyd created the space for Laffertys second goal. He made a run to the front post and took the 2 defenders with him which left Lafferty in the clear. ;)

The man has a first touch of a rapist and murdered much of the good work done by the midfield today.

How a man so tall can be so useless in the air is also puzzling, Michael Owen is 5ft nothing yet scores regularly with his head. We actually need Miller flicking the ball on for him which really defeats the purpose, does it not?

Having said all that, he did score two goals and did plenty of running for the cause which made him look like a footballer at times which is more than can be said for Kris Boyd who again came on and showed us how it shouldn’t be done.

Neither player is the answer to be honest. The £3.5 million spent on Lafferty was a waste of money as we may play crap football with Boyd in the side but it isn’t going to get much better with a target man who can’t control or head the ball.

At least we know why Walter was playing him wide left, it is the only position he doesn’t have to use his head. Even when playing upfront, Lafferty spends most of his time in the channels trying to get balls into the box. I honestly think he dreads being the one in the box.

The man has a first touch of a rapist and murdered much of the good work done by the midfield today.

How a man so tall can be so useless in the air is also puzzling, Michael Owen is 5ft nothing yet scores regularly with his head. We actually need Miller flicking the ball on for him which really defeats the purpose, does it not?

Having said all that, he did score two goals and did plenty of running for the cause which made him look like a footballer at times which is more than can be said for Kris Boyd who again came on and showed us how it shouldn’t be done.

Neither player is the answer to be honest. The £3.5 million spent on Lafferty was a waste of money as we may play crap football with Boyd in the side but it isn’t going to get much better with a target man who can’t control or head the ball.

At least we know why Walter was playing him wide left, it is the only position he doesn’t have to use his head. Even when playing upfront, Lafferty spends most of his time in the channels trying to get balls into the box. I honestly think he dreads being the one in the box.

I agree with a lot of this. why Lafferty isnt better in the air than he is is a complete mystery.

Acutally i disagree that he hates playing in the box, i actually think he has good striking instincts, as his goal today showed - a real poachers goal.

he is never a left MF should be played thro middle alot more as boyd doesnt look interested at all!!!

we bought him as a striker so we should play him as a striker!!

good couple of goals today, needs to work on his 1st touch as it isnt the best!!!

The lad scored and worked hard today?

is that not what you expect from a striker? im happy with his performance based on those points today.

And going with the Mhanks inability to deal with strikers whom pocess height and close down quickly i would start the big guy in the final.

I feel that Lafferty is overly critisised, today he showed he can do what Boyd does along with the hard work he shows.

People say his first touch wasn't great, but neither is Millar's usually, and Boyd's except in the box is appauling.

I think if you take out the price tag then the big man would not be critisised. So here the question, if we got Lafferty on a free, or even say £1 million would he get the same critisism?

And people say he did nothing but score, is this not what Boyd does week in week out? And many defend him! And along with his goals,

he ran all day, linked up well, compared to Boyd who allows the ball to ping off him almost everytime. Granted he did make mistakes, but at the tender age of 21 surely that can be allowed, i think the boy needs a run, he seems to bring a lot to the team, and if he continues to score when he is played in his natural position, up front, then i think he should keep playing, and even if he doesn't consistantly score, i still think he is a good player to have in the team, with his running and ability to create things.

Lafferty certainly is a CF but I would play him with Boyd not Miller. Miller is not a natural scorer and Boyd will come good again with goals soon.

I would go with that, Lafferty could play millers role, but, actually offer a goal threat as well

It is surprising how poor he is in the air tho, a bit like crouch in that respect

him and miller is the starting pair i want to see sunday, yesterday proved that if kris isn't on the park then we can still get the goals from elsewhere (all be it a awful hamilton back line).