Big DJ

Edward and Mchailichenko are gone :D

Rejoice.

Still here m8 :P:D

why dont you go home then!!

I am home buddy!! :uk:

you are not my buddy!!

Be nice and lets not make this an arguement.

I'm here to discuss my love of Rangers and not to upset anyone.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rejoice.

you are not my buddy!!

It would appear that Admin have taken you to pre-mod and neutered you :pipe:

Rejoice.

you are not my buddy!!

It would appear that Admin have taken you to pre-mod and neutered you :pipe:

Anyway back onto big DJ!!

1970 was the year!!

Yes it was 1970 Willie Waddell threw a 16 year old lad into the league cup final and he went on to score the winner.

That boy was the legend Derek Johnstone.

Could young John have a Derekesk moment on Sunday?

Guest Andypendek

He's united me, anyway....against those members who put the boot into newbies if they disagree with them, or if they are 'provocative,' or 'here for a windup.'

If some tim is willing to post on a Rangers board he's an even sadder example of their type than usual. To be laughed at.

We should try to remember we were all new to the boards at one time.

He's united me, anyway....against those members who put the boot into newbies if they disagree with them, or if they are 'provocative,' or 'here for a windup.'

If some tim is willing to post on a Rangers board he's an even sadder example of their type than usual. To be laughed at.

I don't mind a difference of opinion if you can back it up.

However, saying that DJ defends us constantly or that Smith's a tactical genius, or even that Ferguson should be mentioned in the same breath as captains like Gough or Greig is just bonkers.

And to continue that trend for your first 100 posts in such a condescending manner - recipe for disaster really.

And what about the childish name calling?

I thought the child abuse claim was funnier.

Ed's the quickest RM Legend I've ever seen, even if he's legendary in a different way :lol:

I don't mind a difference of opinion if you can back it up.

However, saying that DJ defends us constantly or that Smith's a tactical genius, or even that Ferguson should be mentioned in the same breath as captains like Gough or Greig is just bonkers.

And to continue that trend for your first 100 posts in such a condescending manner - recipe for disaster really.

well said (tu)

Guest Andypendek

Awww, did someone condescend? Or use childish name-calling? I find Papa's continual use of 'retarded' hugely offensive - have I even raised it? In the words of Master Yoda, 'a grip must you get.'

Awww, did someone condescend? Or use childish name-calling? I find Papa's continual use of 'retarded' hugely offensive - have I even raised it? In the words of Master Yoda, 'a grip must you get.'

I've used it once tonight. I think.

And I actually managed to spell it wrong.

Don't be so easily offended Andy ;)

I've used it once tonight. I think.

And I actually managed to spell it wrong.

Don't be so easily offended Andy ;)

Exactly, leave being offended to the Celtic fans.

Guest Andypendek

I'll decide what offends me and what doesn't, thanks. I should have thought it screamingly obvious that there is a good reason why I would find that term offensive.

You've used it a lot. So have others. It's a free country, though, and if you go on these boards, as we do, you have to put up with other people's ways and habits.

Whether they are condescending, offensive, or otherwise.

I'll decide what offends me and what doesn't, thanks. I should have thought it screamingly obvious that there is a good reason why I would find that term offensive.

You've used it a lot. So have others. It's a free country, though, and if you go on these boards, as we do, you have to put up with other people's ways and habits.

Whether they are condescending, offensive, or otherwise.

I'm not arguing with you on this for two reasons.

A - You're a far better debater than I am, and I will no doubt manage to lose any clash of opinion.

B - I agree with 99% of the stuff you say, be it off-topic, football related or political.

However, I will happily berate a member for talking down to me as if I'm thick and having an opinion on something which they simply cannot back up. I'd expect exactly the same thing to happen to me, and it did when I first signed up. I learned my lesson after 20 odd posts though, it didn't take me 110 before I started to even consider it.

EDIT - And if there is a reason why that would offend you, I was not aware. I have an equally as valid reason to be offended by it, but I choose not to be.

Surely your at the wind up?

I've been called every name under the sun ffs lol

Not once have i used a derogatory term towards a fellow member yet i've recieved alsorts of explicist language my way.

We're all adults and at the end of the day i can handle. It's water off a ducks back ffs but for you to constantly bring this up as if i'm some sort of criminal for this so called 'childish name calling' is a joke.

If your so offended go tell the mods.

Thank you mate i'm glad there's one sensible chap here who sees this for what it is.

It's a bit like a school playground with certain kids trying to get others into trouble.

(tu)

DJ needs a big pint of shut-the-fuck-up.

He never speaks out when he should, yet blabbers on when he doesn't have to.

I have nothing but respect for the big man.

He is the one man on Clyde who will always stick up for us.

He's a Rangers legend and and i love the big man.

So explain -

His smear campaign against Sasa Papac last season that was bordering on bullying.

His comments about Old Firm singing, and i quote "Celtic don't have a problem anymore, but Rangers still do."

His comments that asked why Rangers play, and again i quote ''war songs, like GSTQ and Rule Brittania."

His lying down to Peter Martin when the Andy Davis penalty incident was being discussed. Instead of sticking up for Rangers when Martin comments were suggestive of match fixing, Johnstone simply concured.

That's just 4 examples, so give over. Your transparent fishing is fooling no one.

His smear campaign??

He always has one player he doesn't like. It used to be pistol Pete and now appears to be Sasa but to say it's bullying is laughable. Yes i would prefer it if he didn't slag any Rangers players at all but to be honest he's the least of our worries. Our biggest problem is the small minority of idiots who boo and berate the players during games. These are the guys who are effecting the players and not big DJ.

Big DJ has time and time again commented on the good work Rangers have done in trying to eradicate sectarianism.

Johstone will always give his honest opinion on refereeing decisions. If he feels a referee has made a bad decision he will say so. He also on numerous occasions has said he doesn't believe there is any cheating going on.

So even his critique of Papac when we was a vital cog in arguably the best defence in Europe last season was merited? Or what about his total lies about us signing Whittaker so we could sell Papac back to Austria Vienna? Papac was breezing through games and he'd still come in for serious flack from the slug. Johnstone tried his pish with Lovenkrands only for Lovenkrands to come out and slam him which caused Johnstone to back off.

An honest opinion? Don't make me laugh. There was a blue moon in the sky when he used his ET column as a platform to pull up Steve Conroy for the penalty he gave Hamilton back in November.

I'm sorry m8 but i will repeat..................

DJ is the least of our worries. DJ doesn't in any way effect our performances on the park, it's the small minority of idiots who boo and berate the players. If anyone should be accused of bullying it's those morons. Their treatment of young Scottish players in particular is a damn disgrace and mark my words it won't take long for these morons to turn on Fleck.

Maybe if you vent your anger towards these so called 'fans' you might just do some good.

Big DJ's not perfect. Nobody is but in my opinion he does his best under difficult circumstances to defend our club.

I get it.

“Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you.”

I get it.