It's time to start putting real pressure on Murray to go

Tontospal

The fans must start to put pressure on Murray to get him out of the club.

He alone is responsible for the financial abyss that we are staring into AGAIN.

Nevermind about him choosing who he sells the club to and how much for, he should do the honourable thing and sell up for a pound with the debts or for the value of the debts so that the new owner can start from scratch.

He has the personal/corporate wealth to do this. The fact that he doesn't is purely because he is a selfish bastard who puts his own interests first and the club's second.

During his tenure his personal profile and wealth have risen greatly whilst he has also managed to get a knighthood. It is no coincidence that this has been achieved during his time as owner.

If he had any sense of pride or consern for Rangers he would do this.

The biggest investor in Rangers in the last 100+ years, nevermind the 20 he has been a 'supporter' have been you and I and the millions of regular fans who have made the club what it was only for this charlatan to decimate it, regardless of whatever spin he puts on it.

For Rangers to survive and prosper Murray must go.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to go and no-one wants to buy, it really is that simple.

He's a businessman and is not going to sell for a £1. Let's be honest, if you had a business would you sell it for a quid if it was worth £50million, debt or no debt.

everyone knows his time is up,but unless you or anyone else offers him a deal that would benefit himself and rangers as a club then we are stuck with him,like it or lump it.

spot on mate a wish people would stop these stupid fucking posts

everyone knows his time is up,but unless you or anyone else offers him a deal that would benefit himself and rangers as a club then we are stuck with him,like it or lump it.

The only stupid posts and stupid people are those that continue to support him and continue to actually subsidise hi bastardisation of our club.

Look at what Jack Walker and Jack Heywood did at Blackburn and Wolves. They had the best interests of their club at heart.

Murray is responsible for the debt so he should be responsible for clearing it. It's quite simple really.

How many of ST holders will get anything for the vast sums they have invested over the years?

The only stupid posts and stupid people are those that continue to support him and continue to actually subsidise hi bastardisation of our club.

Look at what Jack Walker and Jack Heywood did at Blackburn and Wolves. They had the best interests of their club at heart.

Murray is responsible for the debt so he should be responsible for clearing it. It's quite simple really.

How many of ST holders will get anything for the vast sums they have invested over the years?

what do you mean about ST holders getting anything

what do you think we should get

ST holders get to watch the team they love, is that not enough? Maybe you'd like Murray to massage your feet at half time :rolleyes:

:lol:

Funny, but in all seriousness, even SDM himself agrees he should go so there's nothing to debate there.

What i would like to know, if there are any financially savvy bears in here, is who are on the list of likely buyers??

Who do you think is most likely??

And who would you most like??? (The Arab consortium realising they should drop Man City and buy us I'd say)

But lets be constructive, lets try to find answers to our obvious problem.

As usual the dimwits amongst our support who think they are smartarses jump in and mock when it is a very common business practice for failing businesses laden with debt (which Rangers certainly are) to be sold for a nominal sum - one pound being the commonoy quoted sum - with the debts and assets transferred to the new owner.

Theo Paphitis is a prime example of someone who has done this and made a success of it,

The problem is that Murray wants his cake and to eat it also.

He ran up the debts so in my eyes is responsible for covering it.

He is the one in cloud cuckooland if he thinks someone will come in and pay him a handsome sum that clears the debt and more.

Like everything else form the spinmaster it is gobbled up by the gullible amongst the support when noone knows for sure what is for sale and at what price.

The silence is deafening about the guy Murray pulles the plug on at the last minute at the Dorchester.

I don't believe for one minute that there are no interested parties in buying Rangers. What is much more believable is that Murray is asking for too much money, he is selling them a pig in the poke or the sums just don't add up.

As for the ST holders. My point was that they have invested much more than Murray and have been repaid with a shambles of a club on and off the pitch yet they will, by and large, remain loyal because the current Rangers way is apparently to support second best ambitions and team.

Can anyone sensibly tell me why Murray should not clear the debt that he is responsible for?

As usual the dimwits amongst our support who think they are smartarses jump in and mock when it is a very common business practice for failing businesses laden with debt (which Rangers certainly are) to be sold for a nominal sum - one pound being the commonoy quoted sum - with the debts and assets transferred to the new owner.

Theo Paphitis is a prime example of someone who has done this and made a success of it,

He is the one in cloud cuckooland if he thinks someone will come in and pay him a handsome sum that clears the debt and more.

Like everything else form the spinmaster it is gobbled up by the gullible amongst the support when noone knows for sure what is for sale and at what price.

The silence is deafening about the guy Murray pulles the plug on at the last minute at the Dorchester.

I don't believe for one minute that there are no interested parties in buying Rangers. What is much more believable is that Murray is asking for too much money, he is selling them a pig in the poke or the sums just don't add up.

As for the ST holders. My point was that they have invested much more than Murray and have been repaid with a shambles of a club on and off the pitch yet they will, by and large, remain loyal because the current Rangers way is apparently to support second best ambitions and team.

Can anyone sensibly tell me why Murray should not clear the debt that he is responsible for?

i agree that murray should clear the debt

your point on season books baffles me i buy mine to watch rangers not for some form of gain

my reward as it is every year is hopefully seeing gers win the league

There is a WORLD of a difference between a failing business and Murray International Holdings though. If Murray sold Rangers for a £1, then he has to post a loss of between £50 to £70 million against his overall holdings as this is what Rangers would be "valued at"

David Murray aint no Gerald Ratner or Henry Ryman for goodness sake. The companies Paphitis bought were mostly if not ALL already in the hands of the receivers.

Murrays stake in Rangers is there for all to see. He could be bought out for about £45 million(Market Cap of Rangers) but the new owners would have to take the debt on which is why no-one is gonna pipe up soon.

Buying a £60 million business with 100,000+ customers for a £1 is not "COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE"

:anguish:

Youre not living in the real world mate, thats not how it will happen.

Also, what more can Murray do? If Walter smith had spent the near 30 mill wisely on better players we would be out of sight against a poor mhanks team.

He never, instead he squandered it on average players, potentially decent and unheard of players.

The only thing Murray is guilty of is backing that old cretin!