***Official Scotland v Iceland*** thread

Columbo

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it weird they broke the news this morning, on the day of an important world cup qualifer when the the drinking session took place on sunday. hmm

well there not going to break it when allan and fergie and still downing sambucas and tiquilas are they

1847: Scotland team news

Skipper Barry Ferguson and goalkeeper Allan McGregor are dropped to the bench following their beach of discipline after Saturday's loss to the Dutch. The Rangers duo were allegedly involved in a long drinking session at the team hotel.

Gary Teale, Christophe Berra and Graham Alexander also drop out for Stephen McManus, James Morrison and Steven Fletcher.

Scotland team: Gordon, Hutton, Naysmith, Caldwell, McManus, Morrison, Brown, D Fletcher, McCormack, Miller, S Fletcher.

Would rather to not have Morrison playing but not too unhappy with that team overall.

1922: Scotland v Iceland teams

Scotland: Gordon, Hutton, McManus, Caldwell, Naysmith, Morrison, Darren Fletcher, Brown, McCormack, Miller, Steven Fletcher.

Subs: McGregor, Teale, Berra, Ferguson, Rae, Clarkson, Whittaker.

Iceland: Gunnleifsson, Danielsson, Kristjan Orn Sigurdsson, Indridi Sigurdsson, Eiriksson, Steinsson, Aron Gunnarsson, Helguson, Palmason, Gudjohnsen, Smarason.

Subs: Arason, Gudmundsson, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Eggert Jonsson, Gunnarson, Bjarnason, Bjornsson.

Referee: Thomas Einwaller (Austria)

My one big worry is that there is a lack of options from the bench. If things go wrong on the pitch then our only real attacking options are Clarkson and Teale :anguish:, It fails to fill me with confidence.

I fancy Iceland to cause a wee upset.

Even with all the distracting headlines and changes, I think we will win tonight. By a couple of goals. :scot:

Even though the press are overlooking every player bar Gudjohnsen, Iceland do have a few players who could hurt us. Helguson is excellent in the air, Steinsson whips in a quality cross and the boy Hallfreosson is having a good season for Reggina too.

McManus and Caldwell haven't been dominating in the air this season at all.

And with Miller, McCormack and Fletcher being the players who are expected to score the goals I think we might be in for another frustrating night.

Gers site mentions the drinking duo:

Gers Duo Benched

RANGERS and Scotland captain Barry Ferguson and keeper Allan McGregor have been dropped onto the bench for tonight's World Cup qualifier with Iceland.

The two players have been named as subs after being the subject of an alleged breach of discipline at the Scotland team HQ at Cameron House Hotel on Monday

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1609483,00.html