Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing really new to what we already know. But for Barry and Allan, too late for apologies. Don't let the door hit you on the way out (tu)

The only news is that Scotland have officially ditched them both for good. But we more or less knew that.

I waited 4 hours for THIS!?

Nothing really new to what we already know. But for Barry and Allan, too late for apologies. Don't let the door hit you on the way out (tu)

The only news is that Scotland have officially ditched them both for good. But we more or less knew that.

The SFA or Burley havent said that both won't play for Scotland again, its only really Barry and Allan themselves that say this so they obviously know something we don't.

I couldnt care less about that tbh. Both don't deserve to play for Rangers. What Scotland do with them is up to Burley and the SFA etc.

Least we can get on with making dinner, that was my worry.

I think you've nailed the real issue of the day here Boab :lol:

The SFA or Burley havent said that both won't play for Scotland again, its only really Barry and Allan themselves that say this so they obviously know something we don't.

I couldnt care less about that tbh. Both don't deserve to play for Rangers. What Scotland do with them is up to Burley and the SFA etc.

The SFA have came out and said they will not be considered for selection again

SFA have officially confirmed neither will be considered for selection again.

Least we can get on with making dinner, that was my worry.

I think you've nailed the real issue of the day here Boab :lol:

Thank You.

Maybe a wee edit of the thread title post statement?

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB announced today it has suspended Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor following an internal club inquiry into the players' conduct over the last week while on international duty with Scotland.

Martin Bain, Chief Executive of Rangers, said the players have been suspended without pay for two weeks, the maximum sanction permitted under the guidelines governing players' conduct.

Ferguson and McGregor were called to a meeting with Martin Bain at Rangers' Murray Park training ground this afternoon and were informed of the action being taken by the Club.

Martin Bain said: "The overall conduct of the players during the last week while on Scotland duty has, regrettably, fallen considerably short of the standards expected by Rangers Football Club and our supporters and has brought the Club into disrepute.

"The management of the Club has taken the view that this has damaged both Rangers and Scotland and is unacceptable. Even though our Club is entering the critical stage of the league season and the later stages of the Scottish Cup, appropriate disciplinary action was required."

The Club has agreed with the players that part of their deducted wages will be donated to charity.

Barry Ferguson said: "I deeply regret what happened last weekend and the events during the last week and apologise wholeheartedly for the embarrassment caused to Scotland, Rangers, both sets of supporters and my friends and family.

"I have always considered playing for Rangers and Scotland an honour and a privilege and nothing will change that and I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

Allan McGregor added: "I was absolutely delighted to be selected for Scotland last weekend and I am deeply sorry over what has happened since then. We all make mistakes in life and I am very disappointed to have let Rangers, Scotland, my family all the fans down. I am also desperately disappointed that I will not be selected again for Scotland at this stage in my career."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1612014,00.html

Bump so its clearly seen on the next page.

Posted in another topic & can't see if it's been posted in here yet.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1612014,00.html

Aye, I got it posted buddy (tu)

(tu)

So they're back in 2 weeks? :anguish:

To be fair, i got the impression reading that , if the club could punish them more they would have, but 2 weeks suspended without pay is the maximum they can do right now, so in all honesty its highly unlikely that these 2 will play for us again.