Danny

Is Barry a legend?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Is he?

• No chance and never will be
    • Yes, already is
    • Not yet - but he will become one
    • Not yet - but might be

I think Barry had the potential to be one of the greatest legends of this club. However his decision to leave us in the lurch just after he had signed a new contract has seriously impacted on that potential.

Also I think his involvement in the PLG debacle has furthered harmed his standing amongst the fans.

He may well go on to become a legend in modern terms...but he will never achieve the legendary status which was once his destiny.

The two incidents you mention should automatically disqualify him IMO, never mind the fact that he's not that exceptional a player and that he's no great professional. I think your use of the phrase 'modern terms' could be a clue. Seems that the 'modern' idea of what warrants the accolade 'legend' is very different to what it was.

Definitely not a legend and now never will be. He was well on the way but after abandoning us to run off to Blackburn and his roles in the Eck/PLG debacles he will be forever tarnished as a deserter and a trouble maker by a large proportion of the support.

Definitely not a legend and now never will be. He was well on the way but after abandoning us to run off to Blackburn and his roles in the Eck/PLG debacles he will be forever tarnished as a deserter and a trouble maker by a large proportion of the support.

Apparently around 7% of the support??

Don't confuse the vote on here with the Rangers support in general. No Rangers legend would run to the press with stories the way he did. He'll be a legend just like his brother

Don't confuse the vote on here with the Rangers support in general.

You obviously feel this board doesn't represent Rangers fans. Why are you here then?

The lad has outstanding ability and has been our one outstanding player to where the jersey since he first pulled it on until now. He's been surrounded with dross for a number of years at Ibrox unfortunately which can hinder some fans opinions on el capitano.

He's 2 (I think) European games short of JG's record. For these reasons, he's a legend in my eyes.

Oh Barry Barry!! (clap)

B)-->

QUOTE(Ted I B @ Feb 14 2007, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lad has outstanding ability and has been our one outstanding player to where the jersey since he first pulled it on until now. He's been surrounded with dross for a number of years at Ibrox unfortunately which can hinder some fans opinions on el capitano.

He's 2 (I think) European games short of JG's record. For these reasons, he's a legend in my eyes.

Oh Barry Barry!! (clap)

never a RANGERS legend imo