Danny

Is Barry a legend?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Is he?

• No chance and never will be
    • Yes, already is
    • Not yet - but he will become one
    • Not yet - but might be

Never will be in my eyes. If that means I'm not one of 'us' dosen't Danny...so be it.

Us is ALL Rangers fans. Your post was odd at best. This is not about proving your allegiances, it's about Rangers fans agreeing or disagreeing on something.

And I said, imo, that he's a legend for US = Rangers. And you said you didn't want to be included as us = Rangers.

Your own error, that is all.

Legend equates to the complete package, ie: on the park, off the park....in my time watching Rangers Davie Cooper in the 80s, Brian Laudrup in the 90s. Ferguson, will probably reach that status only because the players off this particular era are total gash. No never a legend in my eyes.

Maybe we need another choice? "Not yet, but might be"?

Your wish is my command ;)

Cheers mate! (beer2)

Not yet IMO......but if he can put the last few months behind him and concentrate on being an example to his team-mates on and off the park, and that's a big "if", he might be considered a legend in the future. He'll never be in John Greigs class though!

In my opinion a legend, almost definition, is someone from the past. I.e. is someone who no longer plays for the club. Laudrup is a legend. When he played he was a genius!

Ferguson isn't yet but could go on to become a Rangers great. Will be hard to acheive "legendary" status.

'Legend', like 'world class', is a term that is too overused these days. Barry Ferguson is a good player and a decent captain, who has earned his place in the record books, but he's done no more than that.

I cannot think of any comparison between him and the likes of John Grieg, Richard Gough, David Meiklejohn, Bobby Shearer or Terry Butcher. (tu)

During his 1990's captaincy he played alongside one of the best midfields ever assembled, with so many winners and leaders that in the terms of leadership stakes he was almost a figurehead (not that he didn't contribute (ooft) )

Ferguson can get better and, IMO, he could be involved in the eventual recovery of Rangers.

But for now its 3/5, he is being compared to some extremely high standards!

I think Barry had the potential to be one of the greatest legends of this club. However his decision to leave us in the lurch just after he had signed a new contract has seriously impacted on that potential.

Also I think his involvement in the PLG debacle has furthered harmed his standing amongst the fans.

He may well go on to become a legend in modern terms...but he will never achieve the legendary status which was once his destiny.