It wasnt ferguson holding us back

You have to remember, removing shagger and nedface from the squad will have had quite an effect on the squad on a personal basis as well. Many players will have lost a couple of good mates who, regardless of ones poor performances will no doubt have been 'pillars' in the squad. Its gonna take a bit of time to fill that void I think. We shall see if the boys have the resolve to step up to it.

I thought Mendes was far better today than he has been in a long time,fergie's utter shite.

Mendes is completley overhyped by our support.

Not really, he is one of the few players of real quality in the SPL. Bougherra being the other :)

But yet consitently fails to produce in a league of such poor standard!

I thought Mendes was far better today than he has been in a long time,fergie's utter shite.

Honestly?

I thought Pedro Mendes was once again, garbage!

we are not in a good shape right now. we single out barry, boyd, mculloch. but the truth is we just dont have the quality we had ten years ago. The days where Albertz was crackin them in 90mph are gone. Lets Jus support our less talented team through it. I admire all the bears that stuck with us through the early 80's

Not really, he is one of the few players of real quality in the SPL. Bougherra being the other :)

Yup. Underachieving.

Maybe you could say that about every one of our players though.

still dont want him back in the XI though as although the team was poor the central midfield positions were more balanced and allowed Mendes to find space, produce some good passing moves and play in a more advanced role.

Get Davis in the centre or bring Edu in against St Mirren I thought Edu did well when he came on.

yes I hope Walter goes for it

Yup. Underachieving.

The player in question was Mendes no one else

Edu's 1st touch of the ball was a big boot up the park to noone,there was no need for it,why cant they just keep it on the deck and move foward.

Don't know where to start with that post. <cr>

It was there were 15 minutes to go, we were one nil up & he had just been told by Smith to clear his lines at all costs.....what was the Lad supposed to do? Weir, Papac, Bougherra & even Mendes of all people resorted to the old hoof today.

At least he didn't go around the park assaultingpeople like McCulloch did!

still dont want him back in the XI though as although the team was poor the central midfield positions were more balanced and allowed Mendes to find space, produce some good passing moves and play in a more advanced role.

Get Davis in the centre or bring Edu in against St Mirren I thought Edu did well when he came on.

yes I hope Walter goes for it

If wishes were fishes...

It's a poor team selection by Walter thought. Davis has been okay on the right but I have felt for quite a while now that he would far more beneficial to us throught the centre with Mendes. We are simply not creating anywhere near enough chances for our strikers. This is due to the lack of natural width in our team and the quality of delivery into the box. I know a lot of you guys didnt like Burke but I feel he could have done a decent job for us for the remainder of the season. Also the lack of attacking/natural fullbacks in the team hasnt helped.

:novo: :davis: :mendes: :aaron:

Yup. Underachieving.

The player in question was Mendes no one else

lol Ill say what I like about other players regardless of whether you like it or not im afraid.

It's a poor team selection by Walter thought. Davis has been okay on the right but I have felt for quite a while now that he would far more beneficial to us throught the centre with Mendes. We are simply not creating anywhere near enough chances for our strikers. This is due to the lack of natural width in our team and the quality of delivery into the box. I know a lot of you guys didnt like Burke but I feel he could have done a decent job for us for the remainder of the season. Also the lack of attacking/natural fullbacks in the team hasnt helped.

:novo: :davis: :mendes: :aaron:

I think the reason walter selected the squad he did today is because he knew it would be able to grind out 3 points an important three points in his career if this had wen't tits up today he was getting the blame for dropping fergie and shagger it would be his kneck on the lline hopefully now with this game behind us he can go for a more attacking squad and make the right selection but thats me just being an optimist

We will get better with Edu in the team.

I would love to know who it was who told all the Edu supporters on here that he was the saviour?????

Have seen him a couple of times now and i can assure you he is no fuckin world beater.

Not saying he might not come good but how the fuck anybody shouts for him all the time does my feckin head in.

people thought the team would play better with ferguson out the team,but they played the exact same.

Your conclusion after one game?

aye well everyone on said drop him,and thought we would play good.you trying to tell me they will get better?

Reading isn't your best skill eh ?

Everyone who said we would play better without him also said this would only happen if Smith played the right players on the risht positions.

He didn't.

ferguson was pish but even still hes miles better than lee mcculloch at central midfield. Mcculloch might try but hes just not good enough. Maybe now he injured himself yet again we will see edu finally get a chance.