Chris Brunt and Warren Feeney linked.

NOLUWDC

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Aaron Hughes (tu)

I'd have gone for him when Fulham paid just over £1.2m, back in 2007.

bargain at that price. As for brunt and feeney no thank you. Feeney is average. Brunt is a decent player but hes a lazy git. Can cross the ball well but when the going gets tough he disappears. We have enough people like that in our midfield thank you very much. Sadly i fear this is going to be the calibre of player we will be buying in the summer as its about all we can afford, if we can even afford them

Guest therabbitt

Absolutely, would have been a good signing then. I still really think he has the talent to be a good player at a club like ours. He's perfect Walter fodder too, a utility defender.

And that is why we should be looking abroad and taking our chances!

You get better players in the likes of Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Jupiter League, Tippeligaen, Turkcell Super Lig, Liga Sagres....

Absolutely, would have been a good signing then. I still really think he has the talent to be a good player at a club like ours. He's perfect Walter fodder too, a utility defender.

His contract expires in the summer of 2010 and he'll only be 29/30 by then, would still be a good signing. Roy Hodgson has got him playing well!

I dont know enough about them to comment, but my gut feeling is we can do better.

What do you all think?

I think they're both very easy players to link us to tbh, since they're both Rangers fans and since Davis and Lafferty are already here. I like both of them tbh, both have put in great performances for NI over the past few years especially Feeney recently, however neither have done anything very spectacular with their clubs.

Brunt has a great left foot and can strike a good set piece and his delivery in to the box is very good. I see him as a more talented and consistent Charlie Adam.

Feeney is just a workhorse really. He always puts in a great shift, and is unselfish. BUT his goalscoring record - bar at Luton - is not all that great. He's also not first choice striker for NI either, he's behind Healy, Lafferty and Paterson assuming all are fit.

So I'd say while both could be useful additions, I'd still feel a little underwhelmed with sigings like these, especially in Feeney's case. I'd far rather we brought better players than these two in. If we could somehow get Aaron Hughes or Johnny Evans that would do me.

I'd take Aaron Hughes, good player and would be potential captains material!

Chris Baird, a player who we have been linked with in two windows, a player who is a complete and utter bombscare (he's better than Broadfoot, but that's not saying much), a player who gifts opposition goals, is horrific when under pressure and has absolutely no confidence.

Oh yeah, he's also on a bosman!

The fact that Gareth McAuley gets a game for NI ahead of Baird tells me all I need to know about him. But I don't think Baird would ever sign for us tbh.

Brunt would be a decent player to have in the squad considering we don't currently have a guy that is a threat from set pieces, but I think he's pretty much average at most other parts of his game, and I think we should be looking for good value for the money-a guy that is the total package so to say.

Brunt would be good option to solve our problem on the left side of midfield, great left foot on him and dangerous at set pieces.

Feeney could be an option, we'd be best to take him on loan for a season and see what kind of impact he has.

Chris Brunt :anguish: I said on here the other day he is a slightly better version of Charlie Adam. Pish!

Warren Feeney, please please please no! He is absolute murder, awful first touch and couldn't hit a barn door from the inside.

If we are going to raid the NI team for any more players then I think we should sign Aaron Hughes. Ok he's getting on a wee bit, but he's still a top class defender imo. And if we're going to have to play more youngsters next season then having someone like Hughes in the team would surely help them.

Feeney was just asked about being linked with Rangers on North Tonight and all he did was fire out a load of cliches while trying to keep the grin off his face.

"It's well documented that I'm a Rangers fan", "I'm keeping his head down for now", "assessing my options in the Summer" yadda, yadda, yadda.

It also mentioned in the report that he has scored a whopping five goals for Dundee Utd this season.

I believe that this one actually has legs to it.