Best Rangers Captain?

numansnewman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember in the OP where a reason was asked for???

You just said best = Gough and worst = Easy

Personally I have bever heard of ANY Rangers captain named Easy

Are you only asking for reasons from the ones who don;t agree with you??

Best= Gough

Worst = Rae

Interesting 30 posts now and still not one giving the answer to Worst Captain OP was looking for.

Are you wishing you hadn't started the thread.

For the record my view is Gavin Rae, for reason already given, not even Rangers material, far less captain. Ferguson doesn't even come close to bottom of the pile.

Interesting 30 posts now and still not one giving the answer to Worst Captain OP was looking for.

Are you wishing you hadn't started the thread.

For the record my view is Gavin Rae, for reason already given, not even Rangers material, far less captain. Ferguson doesn't even come close to bottom of the pile.

haha wonder why eh. guy is a tool

Fergie is nowhere near the worst IMHO

Worst = Paterson. Im sure everyone has heard the rumour about how he got chosen. :anguish:

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

b) What did he win as captain?

c) He was lucky that he was the first person to walk through the door after the bet between Jock and John McLelland :craphead:

Worst = Paterson. Im sure everyone has heard the rumour about how he got chosen. :anguish:

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

c) He was lucky that he was the first person to walk through the door after the bet between Jock and John McLelland :craphead:

ok ..your view is our worst ever captain is craig paterson

a guy who wasnt a great footballer.

but he respected his manager,and never embarassed the club.

unlike ?

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

unlike ?

Craig Paterson regularly embarrassed our club. The very fact Paterson was the Captain of Rangers in the first place is an embarrasment in itself.

As for Barry, well he has given us plenty of fantastic times, made us a profit in transfer fees, helped us to Helicopter Sunday as without him returning, WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE LEAGUE, and has been a fantastic ambassador to Rangers as far as giving loads of his time to charity and worthwhile causes, some of which i have attended.

The recent goings on have been a total fuck up and he has certainly lost some of the respect i have for him, but the good times and good deeds far outweigh this one stupid episode in his life as a Rangers Captain.

If this was what the thread was about, why not just start a thread saying "Barry is an arsehole". :rolleyes:

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

unlike ?

Craig Paterson regularly embarrassed our club. The very fact Paterson was the Captain of Rangers in the first place is an embarrasment in itself.

As for Barry, well he has given us plenty of fantastic times, made us a profit in transfer fees, helped us to Helicopter Sunday as without him returning, WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON THE LEAGUE, and has been a fantastic ambassador to Rangers as far as giving loads of his time to charity and worthwhile causes, some of which i have attended.

The recent goings on have been a total fuck up and he has certainly lost some of the respect i have for him, but the good times and good deeds far outweigh this one stupid episode in his life as a Rangers Captain.

If this was what the thread was about, why not just start a thread saying "Barry is an arsehole". :rolleyes:

what did paterson do wrong ?

Best = Gough.

(tu)

why paterson ?

a) He was pish

unlike ?

what did paterson do wrong ?

<cr>

What part of him being "pish" do you not get ?

What did Paterson do right?

What was his trophy count as Captain ?

Best - Richard Gough

Worst - Amo, closely followed by Craig Paterson, lovely guy but !

:sherlock:

Na a take this back the worst was Gavin Rae ! :sherlock:

Hey Gavin Rae had a 100% record as captain :P

Best I've seen is Richard Gough by quite a distance. The worst I've seen ( a bit controversial) was when Laudrup got the captaincy at the start of the 10 in a row year before Gough came back from America. Laudo just wasn't captain material.

Best Player to have ever captained Rangers...Barry Ferguson.

His footballing ability as well as his charm have taking Rangers further both, on and off the field! An absolute legend...Should be commemorated with a statue when he leaves.