This is how our support used to be

There did seem to be more of a united front then ... I think 20 years of Murray capitulation has rather ripped the heart out of our once proud club

or 20 years of increased ticket pricing and birth of Political Correctness.

Go and get a video of Chelsea from 87 and compare it to the Chelsea of now. Whilst you are at it, do the same for Man United, Millwall, Arsenal and even Timmy across the river. You will find the exact same changes and if you read their messageboards, the exact same percentage of the "older generation" saying the same thing about the new breed of fans at their club.

Murray cant take the blame for all of them (tu)

i was at this game. was feckin brilliant. was 14 at the time, and am sure it was robert fleck who scored early doors.(could be wrong of course!)

the days when everybody had a scarf, and used to twirl it round, was absolutely magic. am sure hearts used to do it too.

would be magic if these type of scarf twirling days could return, but i get the impression that i think these days are in the past to stay.

good to see this again.

That's why the should bring back a standing section like they do in Germany. Put standing sections in the the Copland, Broomloan and maybe even the Enclosures.

I reckon they'd make a difference to the atmosphere at games. Could also increase our capacity a bit.

Love the video, but I have 3 questions. Why did there used to be flags at the halfway line? That one always puzzled me. Secondly, are CR Smith still around, ain't heard of them for ages and thirdly, what the fuck is the deal with Davie Mcphersons shorts. Clearly they had larger sizes available but he choose the y-fronts.

Love the video, but I have 3 questions. Why did there used to be flags at the halfway line? That one always puzzled me. Secondly, are CR Smith still around, ain't heard of them for ages and thirdly, what the fuck is the deal with Davie Mcphersons shorts. Clearly they had larger sizes available but he choose the y-fronts.

Yes

I'm going to bump this thread until someone can tell me why they had flags at the half way line. It is really pissing me off not knowing the answer.

Im not sure there was any specific reason mate. It was just one of those things that happened in football back in the day. They probably realised they didnt need them and took them away.

(tu)

Im not sure there was any specific reason mate. It was just one of those things that happened in football back in the day. They probably realised they didnt need them and took them away.

There must have been a reason, but the only one I can think of is that it showed the fans what way the wind was blowing.