Rino Gattuso story in the Record

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf the story is nothing to do with the Daily Record, they're just regurgitating another story which claims to be from a TV interview in Italy on a show called L'Era Glaciale

Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso is unlikely to make any friends at Buckingham Palace

as the former Glasgow Rangers man reveals his antics alongside Paul Gascoigne at Ibrox.

The Italian international played for the SPL side during the 1997/98 season alongside the former England international. Gattuso admits he used to kick footballs at pictures of the Queen during training sessions.

"Everyone used to tell me to take off my crucifix in the dressing room," he began by saying. (Rangers are a club identified with Scotland's Protestant community, whereas Celtic are viewed as a more Catholic club.)

"So I used to kick balls at the photo of the Queen: my tutor there was Paul Gascoigne," Gattuso told L'Era Glaciale, a program on the Rai network.

That wasn't the only bit of horseplay from Rino, who had a run-in by proxy with a certain Sean Connery, erstwhile James Bond actor and well-known Rangers convert.

"When I decided to leave the club Sean Connery tried to oppose it, but I told him to mind his own bloody business," he was quoted as saying. (Gattuso was quoted as saying that Connery was the 'vice president' at Ibrox. In fact Connery was not on the board.)

After leaving Rangers, the midfield ace joined Salernitana, before moving to Milan in 1999. He is currently recovering from a knee injury.

That story is from the 1st of May by Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

I don't really know why an Italian TV channel and Italian journalist would have any reason to lie about it but I am going to try and get some substantiation on it either way.

I don't really know why an Italian TV channel and Italian journalist would have any reason to lie about it but I am going to try and get some substantiation on it either way.

In the same light, why would an Italian TV channel/Journalist be interested/bring it up?

In the same light, why would an Italian TV channel/Journalist be interested/bring it up?

They might have asked him about his Rangers days - There are 2 giant matches this weekend - ours, and a Milan Juve clash. Rino's out injured and he has a vested interest in both games of course. It's not unreasonable to ask him about his time with Rangers, and aspects about it.

They might have asked him about his Rangers days - There are 2 giant matches this weekend - ours, and a Milan Juve clash. Rino's out injured and he has a vested interest in both games of course. It's not unreasonable to ask him about his time with Rangers, and aspects about it.

True, but i'd love to know how anything to do with kicking a ball at the queen would come around.

True, but i'd love to know how anything to do with kicking a ball at the queen would come around.

The question 'did you get up to any pranks' might have been raised.

People just see the responses, the context is lost and before you know it it's smeared as bs.

It may well be, but I want to find out for sure.

People just see the responses, the context is lost and before you know it it's smeared as bs.

Surely Rino is mature enough now to realise not to say anything like this?

This bit makes me think its BS.

"So I used to kick balls at the photo of the Queen. My tutor there was Paul Gascoigne."

Why would he tell Rino to kick a ball at the queen? doh

Surely Rino is mature enough now to realise not to say anything like this?

This bit makes me think its BS.

"So I used to kick balls at the photo of the Queen. My tutor there was Paul Gascoigne."

Why would he tell Rino to kick a ball at the queen? doh

Because Paul Gascoigne is one of football's biggest larkers. Always was. That would be like Gazza deliberately trying to get Rino in trouble.

Because Paul Gascoigne is one of football's biggest larkers. Always was. That would be like Gazza deliberately trying to get Rino in trouble.

True, but surely he wouldn't go that far?

I did love the kippers in Goughs car though, thats brilliant :lol:

haaa how funny can it get, I wonder what they will come up with next. canny beleive they are writing so much pish. why would gazza do that. when he is English. and sing's god save the queen when he played for England. someone should fucking blow the daily record offices up.

haaa how funny can it get, I wonder what they will come up with next. canny beleive they are writing so much pish. why would gazza do that. when he is English. and sing's god save the queen when he played for England. someone should fucking blow the daily record offices up.

They didn't compile this story. It's not from the DR - they just regurgitated it.

No matter what or how it has been portrayed its lies. As someone pointed out earlier, if a ball touched the photo, and you have to believe that Gatusso and Gazza could hit it regularly, then it would smash all over the place. If he was practising hitting a Rangers emblem or something then aye, but not a glass framed photo of the queen though my memory of the tour only tells me im 99% certain it is glass. (tu)

No matter what or how it has been portrayed its lies. As someone pointed out earlier, if a ball touched the photo, and you have to believe that Gatusso and Gazza could hit it regularly, then it would smash all over the place. If he was practising hitting a Rangers emblem or something then aye, but not a glass framed photo of the queen though my memory of the tour only tells me im 99% certain it is glass. (tu)

It is Glass, And this story is alot of shite. from a paranoide Paper. haaaaaaa get it up yous, they will print anything to get us moaning And it's working. Lets talk about the old firm game on saturday. and get this thread to fuck

It was Gordon Duries car :pipe:

Thats the one :P

Did he piss on Erik Bo Andersen or is that just an urban myth?!

I thought it was jukebox wae the kippers?

I thought it was jukebox wae the kippers?

Aye it was, someone pointed that out above :P

I hope its bullshit and not a true story.

Rino Gattuso: I used to take potshots at picture of Queen in Rangers dressing room

May 4 2009

FORMER Rangers star Rino Gattuso used to kick footballs at a picture of the Queen in the Ibrox dressing room, he has revealed.

The midfielder has also said he told Sean Connery to "mind his own business" when the Bond actor tried to convince him not to leave the club.

The revelations came during an interview on Italian TV on Friday.

He told how he and fellow Gers star Paul Gascoigne started booting balls at the Queen after he was told to take off his crucifix.

Gattuso, a Catholic, said: "Everyone used to tell me to take off my crucifix in the dressing room.

He also revealed how he told Connery, a close friend of Rangers owner David Murray, to get lost.

The player said: "When I decided to leave the club, Sean Connery tried to oppose it - but I told him to mind his own bloody business."

Italian international Gattuso played for the SPL side during the 1997-98 season.

After leaving Rangers, he joined Italian Serie B side Salernitana, before moving to current side AC Milan in 1999.

The 31-year old is currently recovering from a knee injury.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - why in gods name would any Rangers fan buy, read or believe anything written in this rag.

Dont buy it, read it, or quote from it !!