Boyd

Smith is not stupid

Praise your strikers, even when they dont play great and keep their confidence sky high.

Boyd would have felt a bit down after missing that chance and then being subbed. Now he will be itching to go again at Hibs and reward Smith.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what has to be remembered is that we had to clear cut chances today, and Boyd was involved in both. Was gutted he missed the 1 on 1 with Boruc, because I am positive once he scores once into that mob, he will continue to be a thorn in their side for years to come.

Anyway bears, enjoy the night, doesn't ever get boring beating Celtic, thoroughly enjoy these days!

Rangers are top of the league, and the world is back on it's axis :D

I like the way he showed passion when davis scored.

sometimes i got the feeling that if it wasnt about him scoring he wasnn't interested but no he was passionate fromt he word go today and well played for that.

I like the way he showed passion when davis scored.

sometimes i got the feeling that if it wasnt about him scoring he wasnn't interested but no he was passionate fromt he word go today and well played for that.

No doubt!

I think what has to be remembered is that we had to clear cut chances today, and Boyd was involved in both. Was gutted he missed the 1 on 1 with Boruc, because I am positive once he scores once into that mob, he will continue to be a thorn in their side for years to come.

Anyway bears, enjoy the night, doesn't ever get boring beating Celtic, thoroughly enjoy these days!

Rangers are top of the league, and the world is back on it's axis :D

Welcome to the board mate!

I agree with Walter, I think its probably his best all round performance for us, at least in a long long time.

I would say I am stunned, but, I am not, given peoples attitudes, at the negative posts. The guy cant win "needs to improve his all round game" was the cry, he does that, and, now its "didnt score". What happened to "its not about boyd, its about the team and we dont care who scores"? Davis had a "Boyd" game, he scored, but hadnt done much before it, but hey ho.

Anyway, i dont care today, we won, and, looked far more up for it than we have in a long time, so, good stuff from me, and, on course to take our title back. Boyd, like everyone else, more than played their part in it

I agree with Walter, I think its probably his best all round performance for us, at least in a long long time.

I would say I am stunned, but, I am not, given peoples attitudes, at the negative posts. The guy cant win "needs to improve his all round game" was the cry, he does that, and, now its "didnt score". What happened to "its not about boyd, its about the team and we dont care who scores"? Davis had a "Boyd" game, he scored, but hadnt done much before it, but hey ho.

Anyway, i dont care today, we won, and, looked far more up for it than we have in a long time, so, good stuff from me, and, on course to take our title back. Boyd, like everyone else, more than played their part in it

excellent post (tu)

sums things up for me

I thought he was decent today, nothing more.

But being decent against better opposition is a good thing. Sadly, he'll never be a true Rangers great until he scores a few more against them and it's looking like he probably won't.

He's got plenty of time left in his career if he stays here for a long time.

He's got the whole 'can't score against Celtic' thing in his head though.

It's clearly affecting him.

Once he breaks the duck then he'll be fine.

He's broke it already, yet he continues to be utterly woeful in front of goal against them.

He's there to score that sort of chance.

Decent game, nothing more, nothing less, and, once again misses a sitter, that would have put the game beyond celtc.

Still would not have him near an Old Firm match as there are much better options.

Decent game, nothing more, nothing less, and, once again misses a sitter, that would have put the game beyond celtc.

Still would not have him near an Old Firm match as there are much better options.

Muff even if he had scored that chance yesterday, f.ck even if he had scored a hatrick you would still write some finishing statement or find a way to degrade the guy, get off his back FFS, it's getting boring. The term is "supporter", you should look it up sometime......

:sleep1:

Muff even if he had scored that chance yesterday, f.ck even if he had scored a hatrick you would still write some finishing statement or find a way to degrade the guy, get off his back FFS, it's getting boring. The term is "supporter", you should look it up sometime......

:sleep1:

Nice you only singled out me, and, sorry for not over-reacting and thinking he was immense like some thought he was.

I thought he had a decent game, nothing more, nothing less. He was lazy at times, and, he worked hard at times, his knock downs were pretty pish, his passing was slack at times, and he bottled it once again.,

And you can fuck off with your supporter bit (tu)

Boyd done well yesterday , not immense , but he done well

but he will always have his critics on RM

its just a pity it is always the same people who have a pop at him

i would not question anyone about being a supporter , as we all have different opinions , but on the boyd issue , he will never win some over despite scoring 30 goals for us this season

Lafferty is the new favourite to get Boyd out of the team - strange for me because I remember the same people destroying him earlier in the season

Lafferty is a decent player and hopefully come good for us next season , but Boyd and Miller are the preferred strikeforce for this season , and will probably play against Hibs and hopefuly fire us to the title

Novo / Lafferty and Velicka will all have a part to play in the last 3 games as we hopefuly clinch the title , but Boyd should start against Hibs as he is doing well at the moment

Who's having a pop at him? If by saying that missing yet another sitter in an Old Firm match, one that would have put the game beyond celtc, is having a pop then fuck me.

No doubt he should have put the chance away but it's the best i've ever seen him play against Celtic and he's looking more and more of a team player as time goes on.

I'd consider Boyd for a Celtic game again if he keeps up the hard work that he's been showing recently but obviously we won't play Celtic again until next season, we have no idea what will have happened by that time.

Who's having a pop at him? If by saying that missing yet another sitter in an Old Firm match, one that would have put the game beyond celtc, is having a pop then fuck me.

it was a general statement , but as you have answered it , i do not think it was a sitter , it was a good chance , but not a sitter , and I also think he should have scored with it , if our goalie had made that save he would be getting praise for it

because it was boyd and it was against celtic does not mean he missed a sitter

only my opinion of course